Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Why these dusty MF'ers hating on Perf Toe 998's... :smh: :nthat:

Late ‘70s baby and 998 perf toe doesn’t bother me lol

Better put some respeck on our age doe :lol:

IdioticVillainousEquine-size_restricted.gif

Your protected but seller has only one item, and only ever sold one item. It's like when I went in on some asics, same scenario, and it ended up getting flagged and I got my money back. There was some am1 safari full size run that was super cheap, and the seller had the same kind of profile, but i haven't heard if anyone got the shoes. Not sure why this kind of scam exists, might be ebay trying to jack up their sales numbers to meet a quota or something. I mean, why else when your covered as a buyer?

I looked into the sellers activity, and it's all super old feedback. No recent activity. Someones been jacking inactive accounts, sells a bunch of the same thing, and ebay cancels the sale about 3 or 4 days later. You'd be covered, I'd like to see how widespread it actually is. There is absolutely nothing to benefit it seems. Just weird.

I also looked into what feedback was left, and a lot of them repeated the exact same thing. I'd understand if it was one seller because of the autofill feedback you can punch in but from different sellers way spread out over time is a major red flag. Again, I'm not sure, but it's super fishy.

Your protected but seller has only one item, and only ever sold one item. It's like when I went in on some asics, same scenario, and it ended up getting flagged and I got my money back. There was some am1 safari full size run that was super cheap, and the seller had the same kind of profile, but i haven't heard if anyone got the shoes. Not sure why this kind of scam exists, might be ebay trying to jack up their sales numbers to meet a quota or something. I mean, why else when your covered as a buyer?

well I just went ahead and bought the 9.5 just to find out.

let's see what happens, I'll keep y'all posted

Thanks, I googled fake ebay listing scam and it came up. I guess the person hacks an account, but puts their PayPal info in. They list a bunch of stuff, usually the easiest way possible by listing one item and claiming there's more than one available. Before ebay can notice, they take the money and run. Dam, just realized with all the listings on ebay, they could slide hella fake ones in, and even though some get caught, the ones that don't, get through and they come out winning. If this is one, they sold about 20 pairs at 22 bucks, available on PayPal immediately because the sellers account is established, and dip with 400 bucks. Imagine if they had a hundred of these listings and only 50 didn't get shut down. That's why they do the economy shipping, so when no tracking number is listed for 10 days, ebay ain't even looking their way.

Last edited:
I appreciate your research. I have a lot of eBay experience so I’m down to see how this plays out
Worst that could happen is I’m out$23

my bad for posting a possible scam yall.
i bit too and ordered a "pair." and just crossing my fingers for a refund at this point

I wouldn't say it's anyone's fault but the scammer. Shoot, it might be legit, but if we aren't aware of the signs to be able to tell, they'll just keep on. If anything, thanks for making this a learning lesson to me, I wouldn't have even done the research into the subject. I now know it's a thing, to hack someone's ebay account if they haven't shown any activity for a while, and change the PayPal info. I think the biggest flag for me was the price, and a fsr with nothing else listed. Weirder things happen all the time, though, and it could be legit. Its really only ebay losing money. Thanks for bringing the awareness!

hej
do you guys know when the MSX90RCB and the MSX90RCC - here X-90s with the gum soles - will be released in Europe? thx in advance!

Back
Top Bottom