Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Today. Such a clash of colors that work so well together on this shoe.
20200228_142001.jpg

Question for the NB historians in here regarding the 1300JP. It seems like NB is pretty committed to reproducing the 1300 as close to its original form every time they re-release it. I've seen everywhere, though, that the 2010 model has the best shape out of the recent releases. The last two releases seem to have that bulbous toe box (my pair included). And when I look at the few pics of the 1985 version that are available, some angles show a bulbous toe box as well.

So, I guess what I'm asking is... could the last two 1300JP releases actually be MORE faithful to the original release than the 2010 version (which is more highly touted for its shape)? This is major nerd-ing but I'm just curious. Just confused as to why the shape is so inconsistent across the board...

Seems like when Flimby is up, Maine/Lawrence is down and vice versa.
Bigger toe box on the 2020 JP’s are in contrast with the more modern taste of sneakers being streamlined for sure...However it’s more in line with the originals...

I appreciate that NB took a modern touch with the last two drops but I’m glad they pushed it back towards the early releases with this years pair...Maybe they thought this current trend of puffy dad shoes would be the perfect time for them to bring it back 🤷‍♂️...
I don’t think it’s that deep, 1300’s have had wonky toeboxes for years now, not just the JP’s.

any members from the u.s got any idea of any new 998’s comin out anytime soon?

unfortunately no....silhouette seems parked, last release was the purple one a couple of months ago. there have been a ton of 998s released in recent years so it makes sense....

I'll make an NB1 day 1 if it comes out though

Bigger toe box on the 2020 JP’s are in contrast with the more modern taste of sneakers being streamlined for sure...However it’s more in line with the originals...

I appreciate that NB took a modern touch with the last two drops but I’m glad they pushed it back towards the early releases with this years pair...Maybe they thought this current trend of puffy dad shoes would be the perfect time for them to bring it back 🤷‍♂️...

Also sharp shape equals crowded toebox. Last 997gy was like that for me. Gets uncomfortable as the day wears on.

unfortunately no....silhouette seems parked, last release was the purple one a couple of months ago. there have been a ton of 998s released in recent years so it makes sense....

I'll make an NB1 day 1 if it comes out though
yea me too. id say id end up with 5/6 pairs before years out.

i didnt have the dollar last time they were up. 997 s came out just as i sorted my finances but not dabbled yet.

i dont see many 998s on ebay at all
im in europe tho
only one decent ds pair afaik
in my size anyway

Dig the hell out of the Kith 1300 with the encap reveal midsole. Should be way more comfortable than the normal 1300, though less classic looking. I sure wish the outsole was different though, lugs look a little too aggressive and I'm not wearing those when hiking. Worked great for the RC4 cause it was a legitimate hiking shoe.

Also with the murmurings about the 998 returning to NB1, that'd be amazing! I think the 997 has a better shape and silhouette but I find the 998 a million times more comfortable and a fantastic looking model in its own right.

Dig the hell out of the Kith 1300 with the encap reveal midsole. Should be way more comfortable than the normal 1300, though less classic looking. I sure wish the outsole was different though, lugs look a little too aggressive and I'm not wearing those when hiking. Worked great for the RC4 cause it was a legitimate hiking shoe.

Also with the murmurings about the 998 returning to NB1, that'd be amazing! I think the 997 has a better shape and silhouette but I find the 998 a million times more comfortable and a fantastic looking model in its own right.
I find the encap reveal less comfortable imo. 997 are better for walking in and what not but just standing around in they aren’t the best.

Also wouldn’t really classify RC-4 as a hiking shoe, more of a high top lifestyle shoe.

wouldn’t be opposed to an 998 NB1 but they did get a lot of complaints last tim they were around.0

I find the encap reveal less comfortable imo. 997 are better for walking in and what not but just standing around in they aren’t the best.

Also wouldn’t really classify RC-4 as a hiking shoe, more of a high top lifestyle shoe.

wouldn’t be opposed to an 998 NB1 but they did get a lot of complaints last tim they were around.0
I've used the RC4 hiking in both the Rocky Mountains and the White Mountains and they've held up wonderfully (Not the extreme spec RC4 since that's too expensive to beat on trail). I wouldn't wear them in inclement weather or during winter season when a pair of boots it the only real option, but you can easily go backpacking with them; lightweight, great cushioning, support, and a vibram outsole provides pretty great traction, though not as good as some other options. The Hierro will take its place for me though, when the warmer seasons arrive.

Back
Top Bottom