Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

It’s the impact of re-commerce playing out and maturing with sneakers since you now have several platforms to exchange the product in scale. This wasn’t the case just a few years ago. Similar in many ways to Craig’s list on local classifieds. Investors started pouring money into this space once assessments were done on how profitable reselling sneakers was. I’d need to locate some old articles but one I read years ago stated the second most profitable sneaker company to Nike if it was an actual company was reselling sneakers. I don’t think people really understand how large Nike is, nor how much wealth it’s created for its shareholders.

Re-commerce has aggregated and is selling culture. It’s become an asset, which is strange but makes sense at the same time. You almost need to think OG sneakers like coins, or baseball cards, but they’re better because people wear them vs. put them in a case. There is also a lot of money out there to chase assets you can resell.

Re-commerce loves the sneakerhead, so do theses brands that now get to push halo products, collab, limited editions, etc. and use resell to gauge how much people will pay. They want more “sneakerheads” so they can keep pushing the prices further up and generate more profit. Stockx, Goat, retailers like Footlocker (who I believe invested in Goat), brands Like NB, Nike, Adi, etc.....they all need each other. And it’s not just sneakers. Sneakers pull in their other products, shirts, hats, etc.

It’s a business man, get used to it until something happens and it crashes.

Exactly. I may also note that, this is my theory, if these special editions were priced to their market value from the get-go, we wouldn't get this problem. A lot of collabs are essentially snatched up by the rich, they're not really being worn by the "true sneakerheads" anymore because sneakers are woven into fashion, and many workplaces allow more casual attire, making sneakers ever more noticeable.

You then would ask, why doesn't Nike then price their Travis Scott AJ 1's to be $500US? Because it's not worth their time. For you or me pricing it higher is a lot more money for us, for a company the scale of Nike? Absolutely not worth their while. This is one of the reasons I'm looking to buy say LV / Chanel sneakers vs paying resell. If my goal is to signal that I got money, then I rather pay the $ and get some much higher quality sneakers than Nike/Adidas

0077797F-7D21-43C4-B85A-365141AC4FAB.jpeg

Tonight the 990HL4

I can’t take pics like some of you guys in here.
Lace swap those babies and make em pop!

This is one of the reasons I'm looking to buy say LV / Chanel sneakers vs paying resell. If my goal is to signal that I got money, then I rather pay the $ and get some much higher quality sneakers than Nike/Adidas

Ironically if money is your concern you are better off paying resale. Those luxury shoes are frequently discounted and have horrible resale value if you ever wanted to sell a pair. Typically resale prices on Nikes and etc hold firm (or appreciate).

It’s the impact of re-commerce playing out and maturing with sneakers since you now have several platforms to exchange the product in scale. This wasn’t the case just a few years ago. Similar in many ways to Craig’s list on local classifieds. Investors started pouring money into this space once assessments were done on how profitable reselling sneakers was. I’d need to locate some old articles but one I read years ago stated the second most profitable sneaker company to Nike if it was an actual company was reselling sneakers. I don’t think people really understand how large Nike is, nor how much wealth it’s created for its shareholders.

Re-commerce has aggregated and is selling culture. It’s become an asset, which is strange but makes sense at the same time. You almost need to think of sneakers like coins, or baseball cards, but they’re better because people wear them vs. put them in a case. There is also a lot of money out there to chase assets you can resell.

Re-commerce loves the sneakerhead, so do theses brands that now get to push halo products, collab, limited editions, etc. and use resell to gauge how much people will pay. They want more “sneakerheads” so they can keep pushing the prices further up and generate more profit. Stockx, Goat, retailers like Footlocker (who I believe invested in Goat), brands Like NB, Nike, Adi, etc.....they all need each other. And it’s not just sneakers. Sneakers pull in their other products, shirts, hats, etc.

It’s a business man, get used to it until something happens and it crashes.
I'm fine with re-commerce, also never heard that term before. Well said. I've resold plenty more new releases than I've paid resale for. But most of my shoes that I have now have come from ebay or FB marketplaces. I've always been stark on the side of everyone's a reseller, whether you're selling pairs you've had for years up on ebay, or botting new releases. I play the game too, I've sold most sneakers I've ever owned.

I doubt companies will raise production to meet this new increased demand. It seems production numbers across the board are already pretty high.

If anyone has a lead on a US11.5 (DS only) in the End Persian Rugs please lemme know. Thanks in advance! Passed on them at release, but they have grown on me and now seem impossible to find in bigger sizes.

If anyone has a lead on a US11.5 (DS only) in the End Persian Rugs please lemme know. Thanks in advance! Passed on them at release, but they have grown on me and now seem impossible to find in bigger sizes.

werent they raffle-only? or are you talking resale around release?

I entered that raffle and lost :smh:

werent they raffle-only? or are you talking resale around release?

I entered that raffle and lost :smh:

Oh yeah I never entered the raffle and I never took a look at resale after they dropped. I just took a look at them again this past month and decided I wanted em in the collection. People are asking like $4-500 for my size which I will never pay for a NB, but hope one comes along down the line.

Back
Top Bottom