Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

These are an odd grail... but these MiUSA 585's have been on my list for a while because I had a similar pair like 20 years ago(I think with navy leather instead of suede). They popped up on Ebay .5 a size too big and I risked it. Any tips on making slightly too big shoes fit a bit better besides thick socks? Any insole recs maybe? Better yet, if anyone ever see's these in an 11.5 please please let me know.
a46f4f2b-dc09-4140-a72c-f442efff6ed8.jpg
^^^Dope pick up. Super clean pair. You should look at getting a thicker insole. Something padded for comfort. In the past, if i bought a shoe thats too big that i want to keep, I put a second insole in it and it helps.

^^^Bruh!! Fuego! Getting ready for that next ST drop...

Last edited:
For real? I found that the tongue collapses without trees. What's wrong with the Ikea ones?

IMO the Ikea style don't do anything to help the shoe. Shoe trees are meant to hold the shape of the shoe, as well as a kind of moisture absorbent. For example with the cedar shoe trees and leather dress shoes, the cedar shoe trees are usually built in a way that helps the toebox and surrounding structure hold its shape, get rid of creases, and wick away moisture.

With Ikea shoe trees, it's just thin plastic, so it doesn't do any of things effectively or at all. IMO you are better off stuffing the toebox with tissue/newspaper and it will both hold the shape better than Ikea shoe trees, and they will wick away moisture as well. The Ikea shoe trees aren't wide enough and they don't stuff the toebox properly. Having the tongue collapse isn't too big of a deal IMO because of the way tongues are constructed and function. Also the ball on the back of those Ikea shoe trees...I always felt like they push into the heel of the shoe too much.

I know they're cheap, but IMO it is much better to just use tissue paper/newspaper for sneakers like NB/Asics. I'd even go as far as to say Ikea shoe trees do more harm than good for those shoes.
For expensive dress shoes, definitely splurge for cedar shoe trees.

These are an odd grail... but these MiUSA 585's have been on my list for a while because I had a similar pair like 20 years ago(I think with navy leather instead of suede). They popped up on Ebay .5 a size too big and I risked it. Any tips on making slightly too big shoes fit a bit better besides thick socks? Any insole recs maybe? Better yet, if anyone ever see's these in an 11.5 please please let me know.
Are these size 11? I sold a size 11 some months ago

IMO the Ikea style don't do anything to help the shoe. Shoe trees are meant to hold the shape of the shoe, as well as a kind of moisture absorbent. For example with the cedar shoe trees and leather dress shoes, the cedar shoe trees are usually built in a way that helps the toebox and surrounding structure hold its shape, get rid of creases, and wick away moisture.

With Ikea shoe trees, it's just thin plastic, so it doesn't do any of things effectively or at all. IMO you are better off stuffing the toebox with tissue/newspaper and it will both hold the shape better than Ikea shoe trees, and they will wick away moisture as well. The Ikea shoe trees aren't wide enough and they don't stuff the toebox properly. Having the tongue collapse isn't too big of a deal IMO because of the way tongues are constructed and function. Also the ball on the back of those Ikea shoe trees...I always felt like they push into the heel of the shoe too much.

I know they're cheap, but IMO it is much better to just use tissue paper/newspaper for sneakers like NB/Asics. I'd even go as far as to say Ikea shoe trees do more harm than good for those shoes.
For expensive dress shoes, definitely splurge for cedar shoe trees.
Yeah I see your point. I use woodlore trees for my other shoes, but I've copped too many shoes recently and I've run out, so this was a stop gap, gonna go take em out now and just use a ton of paper. Good looking out!!

Anyone know what the worldwide release of the 327 cape is supposed to look like? Tryna decide if I wanna pay resell now or nah

Anyone know what the worldwide release of the 327 cape is supposed to look like? Tryna decide if I wanna pay resell now or nah
It’s just gonna NB.com right? Who else would drop a Concepts exclusive? I mean I wish it was more since on all these collabs the NB site has just put me in the terrible/infuriating loop cycle!

Been on the hunt for these in a US10.5 for a very long time :frown:

Back
Top Bottom