Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

So which is the original colorway, CL or JP? I just found conflicting information online (from uncle Ron and Highsnobiety).

was kith's approach to this release a step in the right direction? i'd like to say yes, but the jury is still out on that since window was open for long enough that folks could've submitted multiple entries or identified a work-around.

the bigger issue (and this could just be ~speculation~) is that boutiques and brands don't really care a lot about bots. if your brand is built on exclusivity (as KITH largely is), bots are something you can shrug off. it's not fair to the average consumer who wants to buy your stuff, but it helps to build the hype. for as long as bots have been a problem, i haven't really seen brands 1) acknowledge it as a problem, and then 2) follow through by implementing changes that will combat them. ronnie tried with this release and the aspen drop a few years back, though i'd still say this was somewhat of a lukewarm effort.

just my two cents.

Mail call earlier than normal this morning. Even the tissue is custom with these, lol.
CE9847BF-796F-427D-9782-D4A2B68B9AF6.jpeg
CC798107-6CE1-4369-A8EA-32C41B96F811.jpeg
7E87CC98-2449-43A2-9E77-9DE3787AFA1D.jpeg

And I should add you get laces in the muted blue and yellow as well. Really like the blue.

was kith's approach to this release a step in the right direction? i'd like to say yes, but the jury is still out on that since window was open for long enough that folks could've submitted multiple entries or identified a work-around.

the bigger issue (and this could just be ~speculation~) is that boutiques and brands don't really care a lot about bots. if your brand is built on exclusivity (as KITH largely is), bots are something you can shrug off. it's not fair to the average consumer who wants to buy your stuff, but it helps to build the hype. for as long as bots have been a problem, i haven't really seen brands 1) acknowledge it as a problem, and then 2) follow through by implementing changes that will combat them. ronnie tried with this release and the aspen drop a few years back, though i'd still say this was somewhat of a lukewarm effort.

just my two cents.

it’s barely an effort at all IMO. gives the illusion of chance

put yourself in Ronnie, teddy etc’s shoes though. You get insane hype and get paid regardless. Why would you change anything?

edit: it’s all good though. I pay resell sometimes and don’t sweat it. I’m just not gonna pretend like Ronnie did some magnanimous act opening an hour long raffle for 600 pairs of shoes. there is no solution. teddy will forever be a champion in my eyes when those ALDs ship.

Last edited:

put yourself in Ronnie, teddy etc’s shoes though. You get insane hype and get paid regardless. Why would you change anything?
completely agree with the bolded, and i think those are key points. its clear that the brands are product focused, not customer focused, which i suppose is the disheartening part of it all.

Girlfriend's entry was cancelled and charges disappeared from bank account. Wasn't able to check mine because I entered on the app but my charge was still pending on my bank account. So we'll see.

IMG_0324.PNG

Edit: Never mind, Kith just refunded my entry as well. Oh well. Hopefully will have better luck with the 990v2 if and when they drop.

Last edited:

edit: it’s all good though. I pay resell sometimes and don’t sweat it. I’m just not gonna pretend like Ronnie did some magnanimous act opening an hour long raffle for 600 pairs of shoes. there is no solution

i would personally pick out atleast 100 noN influenced type supporters and bless them every release, it’s not hard. I’m sure they have inboxes full of quote unquote regular folks with less then 500 followers who would love to have that feeling. It’s called not giving af and i understand. Folks who can afford to buy all these releases get free pairs with they name on the box, always been weird to me, but that’s the world we live in.

i would personally pick out atleast 100 noN influenced type supporters and bless them every release, it’s not hard. I’m sure they have inboxes full of quote unquote regular folks with less then 500 followers who would love to have that feeling. It’s called not giving af and i understand. Folks who can afford to buy all these releases get free pairs with they name on the box, always been weird to me, but that’s the world we live in.

Yeah, "influencers" getting free pairs is whack. But from the shops perspective, they are attracting more customers and reaching a wider base. Just like how car youtubers get early access to a bunch of cars.

Shop sends influencer a free pair, influencer shows followers what the shop sent him, stupid followers rush to shop to buy something from them. I hate it as well, but like you said it's the world we live in now sadly lol.

Who would yaw rather see get backdoored? “Influencers” or consignment shops/stockx/goat

Back
Top Bottom