Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

990v2.

991ANI’s are sitting a lot of places and could conceivably hit discount. Not to mention 991’s are top 2 most uncomfortable NB’s along with 998’s to me at least.
ouch, kinda sad to read your comment :lol: i thought that 991 model are very comfortable.
i also like the 990V2 shape, but it seems very hard to find nowadays, everywhere sold out on internet.
And how is the fit with the 990V2 ?

Ive been waiting ages for NB to re release these then found out last July they were going to. It looks like they are coming through to retailers now but they keep selling out. I luckily managed to get my size but I am going to double up on these hopefully.

AA70625A-CB64-4FAE-8E7E-59C9FC1D79C0.jpeg

Last edited:
I
found both the Patta and 25th Anni to fit pretty much identical, and both fit me TTS, same like 992/997/1500/576/577. I usually have issues with narrow shoes after breaking my foot, but I didn't feel that these were too narrow.

Slightly off topic but I've also found I can't size down in the 1300 either, I have to get my actual size due to width. My foot grew this year so I've had to get rid of everything I own and start over.

Ive been waiting ages for NB to re release these then found out last July they were going to. It looks like they are coming through to retailers now but they keep selling out. I luckily managed to get my size but I am going to double up on these hopefully.

AA70625A-CB64-4FAE-8E7E-59C9FC1D79C0.jpeg
Double up gang for sure. I have my first pair incoming...hoping to secure the second from a domestic retailer.

In the FOMO world we live in right now, New Balance is doing exactly what is working. Slow, intermittent, unpredictable drops with limited quantity. If the shoes sell out the first time, then it will trigger FOMO in other buyers/collectors who will either drop more money at resale (stockx, ebay, goat) or be ready and willing at the next random spot that drops them to scoop them up for retail. If NB had most of their shoes drop at the same time with all the stock they would sit at many places, resellers wouldn't be in a mad dash to scoop them up and NB would be back to where it was a few years ago. Have you ever grabbed a pair of shoes that sold out? Did you feel lucky to have had the chance to purchase or a sense of relief that you did? Strange that we as buyers feel lucky to have handed over our money to a company desperately trying to sell their stuff, it's as much psychology as economics. Capitalizing on the hype and recognition of the brand right now makes complete sense. We are talking about New Balance selling out of a bunch of MiA pairs, they are doing something right.
Yes but there wasn’t a huge amount of pairs produced for this grey day especially for a MiA shoe. I personally enjoy it because the NB consumers have gotten more impatient (nicest way to put it) making it easier to capitalize.

Yes but there wasn’t a huge amount of pairs produced for this grey day especially for a MiA shoe. I personally enjoy it because the NB consumers have gotten more impatient (nicest way to put it) making it easier to capitalize.
Are you implying you are the reseller going out and grabbing up pairs, capitalizing on the new NB consumers? No judgment about how people make their money from me, just curious.

Do 2002r fit TTS? Never really bothered with them but quite fancy the olive pair when I saw it in person with a cream lace swap, so grabbed one just now when I saw it for a discount.

so annoying right, fortunately we can at least help each other on this forum. :wink:
You mentioned that half size up was too roomy, but i guess comparatively to the tight fit of the TTS it wasn't that bad, could a thicker kind of socks would have made it more comfortable on the half size up pair or maybe you really prefer a snug fit ?

Thicker socks didn’t make a difference on the half size up pair. My feet were swimming in those things. Felt like clown shoes.

I won’t be buying anymore 991’s.

Back
Top Bottom