Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

every time i see them WTAPS 992
proud-touched.gif

Dear NB, please bring back the NB1. 🙏

The 2002r protection pack are pretty nice. Ended up getting a pair of GOAT, but I think I prefer to the regular cut 2002R JP colorway set to release who knows when. They're pretty lightweight and comfy though

*Edit* ALD 991 shipped too!
Any pics of the JP 2002R? I want the mirage gray protection pack Rs only because it's my favorite colorway but I agree I don't like the theme of the shoe. Didn't know they were planning to release a non-protection pack pair.

The precise -seemingly- random uneven cut outs seen on the panels for the Refine FUture pack is certainly something out of leftfield.
I think it was an experiment that surprised even it's creater (yue wu) , with the rain cloud gracing numerous end of year Top lists. If that didn't happen, there probably will never be a follow up pack for 2022.

I definitely would’ve been fine if they stopped at the first Refined Future pack. There’s only 1 of the 6(?) next color ways I’m shootin for 🤷🏾‍♂️

small sizes still available

Ahh I managed to hit on Livestock a few days back. Never thought I'd finally beat the bots, although the resell price is dropping on these to pretty much retail lol but whatever. Can't wait to wear them!

Also for everyone who said to size down a half from the 2002r, you are all bang on. So thank you for that. When I put the two shoes next to each other they're the exact same length.

20220606_144219.jpg

Last edited:
Ahh I managed to hit on Livestock a few days back. Never thought I'd finally beat the bots, although the resell price is dropping on these to pretty much retail lol but whatever. Can't wait to wear them!

Also for everyone who said to size down a half from the 2002r, you are all bang on. So thank you for that. When I put the two shoes next to each other they're the exact same length.

20220606_144219.jpg
any sign of these releasing in europe ?

my girl wears a 6.5 in women's and I'm looking to get her a pair of 990v5s. could I get away with getting her a grade school pair? are there any differences?

IMG_3953.jpg

I just got these in, so I took a quick photo. I really like how they look in person.

Question: Is it common for the 991 to have "denting" on the toe wrap around the toe box? I've never owned a 991 and the ALD has it on both pairs. Before anyone tells me, yes, I know sneakers are meant to be worn. I just thought for $300 sneakers they wouldn't have this "problem."

IMG_3953.jpg

I just got these in, so I took a quick photo. I really like how they look in person.

Question: Is it common for the 991 to have "denting" on the toe wrap around the toe box? I've never owned a 991 and the ALD has it on both pairs. Before anyone tells me, yes, I know sneakers are meant to be worn. I just thought for $300 sneakers they wouldn't have this "problem."

Thought the grain of the suede was a little longer fro the pics, but still super clean.

I'm pretty sure my Aries 991 have the denting you are mentioning, not sure about my others. I've seen that on some other shoes in the past, it's decently common. I think it arises from the cut of the material+the backing material, and then having that piece curve around the toe. If that is even a little bit off it can create dents. (I think)

Also if you look at the front of the 991, the green bits that go from the toebox to the toe wrap. I think with that material adding to the wrap, it creates those dents around them.

my girl wears a 6.5 in women's and I'm looking to get her a pair of 990v5s. could I get away with getting her a grade school pair? are there any differences?
My girl got a pair in kids. She's a size 6 in Women's. They are made in Asia, so the materials don't feel as premium. Suede does feel synthetic. Other than that, she could care less. If your girl doesn't care about having better materials, just get the kids size and save some money.

My girl got a pair in kids. She's a size 6 in Women's. They are made in Asia, so the materials don't feel as premium. Suede does feel synthetic. Other than that, she could care less. If your girl doesn't care about having better materials, just get the kids size and save some money.
thanks!

IMG_3953.jpg

denting notorious on 997/998. Usually doesn’t happen with miUK, at least with my collection

Came in for the wife…have to say these are very nice. Definitely more of a womens shoe imo. Not a big fan of The back dinosaur leg heel. But nevertheless beautiful overall. Haven’t seen the pink ones in person

Attachments

• C89CC61D-92BA-4358-AA48-8B210D5201AB.jpeg
    C89CC61D-92BA-4358-AA48-8B210D5201AB.jpeg
    262.4 KB · Views: 250
Back
Top Bottom