Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

funny, last night I was thinking about how the new balance should have more earthtones for the more v4
So looks like they still think 990 is street use only and that's why they do the earth tone on these foam fresh and with Joe fresh goods...the only trail use I can think of is bodega and ycmc v3

So looks like they still think 990 is street use only and that's why they do the earth tone on these foam fresh and with Joe fresh goods...the only trail use I can think of is bodega and ycmc v3
I’m surprised because they saw how successful the ultra boost was for casual wear. A lot of the shoes look nice and comfortable, but they have too much of a running shoe look, color wise

Instead of adidas, I was actually thinking about hoka
Yeah, but I feel like Adidas ultra boost, was the first foam shoe that really took off in popularity for casual-wear. Brands like new balance, or hoka would be stupid if they didn’t follow suit. The blueprint is right there.

Yeah, but I feel like Adidas ultra boost, was the first foam shoe that really took off in popularity for casual-wear. Brands like new balance, or hoka would be stupid if they didn’t follow suit. The blueprint is right there.
NB has their freshfoam stuff that’s decent and Hoka essentially started chunky foam energy-return soles, they just didn’t care about the “cool” factor until recently.

With adidas I agree that they had the perfect combo of sleekness, comfort, and aesthetics that made the UB a mainstream favorite. I think Jerry might have seen what Yohji/y-3 and Ye was able to do with them and thought it would be an easier transition, but the business side of it isn’t always clear before you actually sit at the table.

Does anyone have the fuelcell SuperComp trainers? I want to know if they’re good for walks or light jogs or just for casual wear… Cushion looks crazy.
They're by far my favorite running shoe I've ever worn. They have a really propulsive feel to them, definitely best use would be when you're purposefully moving, whether running or jogging. Walking would be fine too I imagine but I don't think I'd wear them for casual use, with the carbon plate and all it really wants to move you and if you're standing around for a long time they might not be comfortable (Not sure, I've only worn my for running) Hope that helps a bit!

They're by far my favorite running shoe I've ever worn. They have a really propulsive feel to them, definitely best use would be when you're purposefully moving, whether running or jogging. Walking would be fine too I imagine but I don't think I'd wear them for casual use, with the carbon plate and all it really wants to move you and if you're standing around for a long time they might not be comfortable (Not sure, I've only worn my for running) Hope that helps a bit!
Yeah, I was looking for something like this for walking and running. I was looking at the fresh foam more V4… but heard there was like a sinking type of feeling and doesn’t really give you a pop or boost, unless you have this shoe also and can confirm otherwise? I think I’m going to get a pair of the supercomp. I appreciate the input.

Yeah, I was looking for something like this for walking and running. I was looking at the fresh foam more V4… but heard there was like a sinking type of feeling and doesn’t really give you a pop or boost, unless you have this shoe also and can confirm otherwise? I think I’m going to get a pair of the supercomp. I appreciate the input.
The More V4 wasn't bad for me, I like it, but it doesn't have the pop that the supercomp trainer has. Since it lacks the carbon plate it'd be more comfortable for casual wear, I didn't get a sinking feel with it however, just not as fun to run in. In my opinion as long as it fits in your budget the supercomp is the more enjoyable/better shoe in almost all cases.

Got these two in, both way better than baklavas
20230325_170720.jpg
20230325_170948.jpg

Completely forgot about da Baklavas and missed out , been a hectic week for me ....but went to grab some Starbucks just now and on da way walked in my local and they had a fresh batch of these which I've needed but my size always seemed to be oos EVERYWHERE EVERYTIME (no clue why)...anywayzzz happy to have a crispy pair
LPU:
20230325_173536.jpg

The More V4 wasn't bad for me, I like it, but it doesn't have the pop that the supercomp trainer has. Since it lacks the carbon plate it'd be more comfortable for casual wear, I didn't get a sinking feel with it however, just not as fun to run in. In my opinion as long as it fits in your budget the supercomp is the more enjoyable/better shoe in almost all cases.
Would you say the more v4 similar to ultra boost? I think ultra boost might have a small plate or stabilizer though?

Trigger will be pulled on supercomps soon for sure

Has anyone ever run with a pair of V6? I'd be curious to know how they compare to other running sneakers or if the shoes are mainly casual "running" sneakers

Anyone selling a size 9 in those bronsons… would like to avoid the crazy fees

Back
Top Bottom