Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Didn’t know what cream laces to buy off amazon for the Grey Day V6’s since I would be particular with the length, thickness, and quality.

So I just took the original white laces that came with the shoes and poured a hot espresso shot over them with some hot water and soaked for about 10 mins.

Pretty happy with the end result once they dried:

F2BA2C0E-FD07-426A-AB0D-07A035FD631B.jpeg D50E42A3-04F3-4086-90C4-23E23A6D740A.jpeg
8F455822-262B-42AC-9619-55255BD19168.jpeg

Could test it on some white laces that you don’t care about

Well to outline my exact process, I pulled a double shot of espresso with my machine (for myself lol), then using the same grounds I pulled 2 more double shots directly on the laces in one of those take-home plastic deli containers (so those shots were pretty diluted). Then i topped it off with a bit more hot water so everything was submerged, and did a 7-10 minute soak before rinsing out and drying.

You can probably achieve the same effect with normal coffee (probably dilute it like 60/40 with water) but the key is that it has to be hot like 92-94 degrees C if you are going to use the same timeframe as me. The colder the water is then the more time you’ll need to soak it.

But yeah probably want to test with a bum pair of laces just to see if the shade you get is what you want instead of YOLOing it like me.

I'm on a General NB kick right now. Always been a fan(specifically of the 997) but now I'm actively scouring the net for differently numbered MiUK & MiUS pairs. Just copped elite 999's and I been looking at the pink 576 on NB. I vibe with those hard lol for sure copping soon.
Those 576 pink joints are super nice. Grab em, but I went for the standard steel and navy pairs. Just something about wearing a sneaker that looks like a 574 (that all the white girls wear in New York lol), but at the same time it’s not. 576 a flimby classic

Last edited:
For anyone looking, I just picked up both colors of the Bodega 574s at my NB outlet for $30 each. They were marked down to $50 and there’s a 40% off promo running this weekend. They had plenty of the yellow color and I picked up the last pair of royals which happen to be my size.

IMG_5295.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom