Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

If anyone is still looking for Carhartts, Patta has some smaller sizes left

Cheaper than purchasing off StockX/Goat and an 11.5 is in stock. Hmmmm.

1698685616453.gif

1600s are still pretty big in japan/asia and they mostly come out there. lots of great colorways over there. i think a proper made in USA version would be too expensive at this point
2nd best NB of all time IMO

Undefeated have Mindfull Grey & Magenta Pop 990v6 on sale

Thank you, jus the right price I was lookin for. Copped the Creams, will need Purps but I can wait on those.

Might get the Lapis Lazuli’s next tho.

What’s the consensus on the 991v2 sizing?
.5 up from your TTS.

I’m having rouble with sizing on 998. Picked up a half size down and I’m having tightness in the forefoot. Lengthwise they’re perfect. Swapped em from a tts and there’s too much dead space in the toe area. What gives. Will the forefoot open up if I go a half size down?

What’s the consensus on the 991v2 sizing?

Depends what you consider your "TTS". I go TTS in all UK NB, and .5 down in most MIUSA NB.

What do you wear in other shoes/other NB?

I’m having rouble with sizing on 998. Picked up a half size down and I’m having tightness in the forefoot. Lengthwise they’re perfect. Swapped em from a tts and there’s too much dead space in the toe area. What gives. Will the forefoot open up if I go a half size down?

That's the new 998 mold IMO. What I noticed is when I put my foot in the new 998, there is a lot less material on the sides. Same thing with the 990v6.

The forefoot will probably open up a bit, but will take a lot of time to break them in.

I'm not really sold on the new 998 shape...I have one pair and that might be it for me.

Yep same for me. Unfortunately, just like the v6s for me, I can't wear those models. Like someone said the forefoot probably does break in but I'm not taking the chance. Same for the 991s for me. TTS is too tight and half size up in too long. Sucks but money less spent I guess. At least that's what I tell myself when an awesome colorway comes out in those models. Ha.

Depends what you consider your "TTS". I go TTS in all UK NB, and .5 down in most MIUSA NB.

What do you wear in other shoes/other NB?

11.5 in 990v2, 3, 4, 5, 920, 992, 860, Jordans, all other Nikes.

11 in 990V6 and Vans.

I had the 991 Anniversary’s in an 11.5 and was fine but 991’s felt like what I’d imagine it’s like trying to walk in high heels or something. They just weren’t comfortable.

So I guess what I’m also wondering is how much of a difference does Fuel Cell make in terms of comfort? I’m not a huge fan of it on the v6’s (too mushy) but I’m guessing it softens up the 991’s a good amount?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom