***OFFICIAL NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS SEASON THREAD*** (13-4) - Patriots @ Broncos - Sun 3:05PM EST - Bra

Losing home field was huge, but this offensive line was so bad. Props to the defense for getting those stops in the second half.

I firmly believe that Gostkowski doesn't miss that extra point in Foxboro.

Why didn't we just kick the FG on that fourth and 1... Jesus Christ...

Yea I'm slowly starting to get pissed at BB's hyper-aggressive play calling in literally every situation :lol: :stoneface:

I wonder how long it's gonna take me to get over the fact they let home field slip through their hands like it meant nothing.

lol im still furious about it

I hope it eats at them all offseason and they come back on a mission next year :pimp:

Last edited:
the part that blows me away is that Denver was getting that much pressure without even blitzing all the time. at least half the time (maybe more), i could have sworn they were only rushing 3 or 4 guys. so unacceptable. i know our OL was patch work, but god damn. that's just piss ******* poor

lafell was ghost but a lot of talk about how he was playing through some injury. hopefully he can come back 100%...he's a key contributor when healthy.

the defense was great today. jamie collins was a beast. hightower so good versus the run. they really kept us in that game time and time again after our offense just put the denver's offense in great field position all day. lot to be excited about for this defense going forward. it's young and still learning, too. going to be scary good with another offseason and with another piece or two added in for next year.

Last edited:
Good time for Gostkowski's first missed XP
mean.gif

I'm ready to forgive Ray Rice and let him sign with the Pats
laugh.gif

Brandon LaFell. I said it two years ago, not being able to sign either E. Sanders or S. Smith Sr. upset the hell out of me.

Jamie Collins, can't say enough about that dude
smokin.gif

Winning it all last year made this slightly more bearable, but I'm still heated.

So many highs and lows in Boston sports man.

Collins and Dont'a getting locked up long term HAVE to be the most urgent offseason priorities tbh. I've soured on Chandler a little :lol:.

Good time for Gostkowski's first missed XP :smh:

you know what the real kick in the **** about this is?

"The Patriots introduced the concept of a longer extra point to the rules committee. It's been great. And just cost them a Super Bowl trip."

we deserved to lose despite that with how our offense played, but that hurts :lol:

Man what a **** way to loose.

I agree about home field and letting that slip away when it looked locked up.

Our defence looked good out there.

Brady made something out of nothing this game. His O line was getting man handled, it was sickening. Couple tweaks in the off season and we will be right back in the championship again next year with a better result.

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard 3m3 minutes ago
Gostkowski: "I just feel terrible. ..To miss the kick, it's a nightmare scenario. ...I can't really explain how I feel right now....

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard 2m2 minutes ago
SG: ..."Just kind of shocked and I feel like I let a lot of people down and it's just not a good feeling."

Gostkowski...not your fault at all, fam. our offense let us down today. a missed XP in the 1st half has no business costing a team a game, as brutal as it ended up working out. head up

Gostkowski...not your fault at all, fam. our offense let us down today. a missed XP in the 1st half has no business costing a team a game, as brutal as it ended up working out. head up
True this. People forget he banged through a couple FG's that actually kept us within reach.

here's our list of FA:

View media item 1882938
no one on that list screams MUST SIGN to me.

off the top of my head though...

Develin
Ebner
King
Tyms
Wendell

you dunno how much I wish Cannon was on that list.

is cannon even a starter or a backup for one of the guys that went down?

dude looked like he was playing on a hoverboard

anyway.

only name on that list I want back is Blount. he is key for the playoffs

Obviously overshadowed by a lot of things, but how about that pass to Gronk on 4th down and TD pass :wow:

Amazing plays.

Obviously overshadowed by a lot of things, but how about that pass to Gronk on 4th down and TD pass :wow:

Amazing plays.

yea man totally agree.

everything was a blur. I can't remember being that worn out watching a game. I was drained.

also how about two almost TDs to white that coulda woulda shoulda.

gonna be a long offseason...I have no interest in a Broncos Panthers bowl at all. I'm rooting for a tie

Yeah, I felt like taking a FG on at least one of those drives would have been just fine. Our D was containing Peyton and their run game and we needed points on the board. At the same time, if our offense can't get 1 yard, we don't deserve this game.

can't help but think what this team would be like with a legit o line and a top talent WR.

the only reason guys like Julian and Danny flourish is because their o line only allows for enough time for them to do their thing as short pass guys

a legit wr and more than 2 seconds for Tom would be scary with Edelman being a legit slot receiver

Last edited:
I just hope those are areas that actually get addressed. To echo everyone else, I'm excited moving forward with this young defense and Lewis coming back with Gronk and Jules in their primes.

I just hope those are areas that actually get addressed. To echo everyone else, I'm excited moving forward with this young defense and Lewis coming back with Gronk and Jules in their primes.

I think this game stung me because TB is 38 and I no longer take Pats success for granted as much as I admit I have in the past.

but yes the fact that this team is young and has some really good talent is a nice silver lining

Oh yeah, agreed on not taking TB and the team's success for granted. However, I didn't see anything in his play this season or Playoffs that make me doubt him for this coming up year at the very least.

On to 2016.

One field goal would have made the difference, don't understand the aggressive play calling

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom