:::[Official] [NFC CHAMPIONSHIP] San Francisco 49ers vs. Atlanta Falcons @ Georgia Dome 01/20:::

well, once again two Falcons teams show up in one game.

Good game. Congrats to the 49er's fans. 49ers showed a lot of resolve coming back after the big deficit, the Crabtree fumble, and Akers, who will probably be cut this week.

Anyhow, Go Ravens. Hopefully Ray Ray can get that chip and ride off into the sunset.

I was at the game last night. Been a Niners fan forever and this was the 1st game I've ever been able to go to. What an amazing game! Will never forget it!

Let's go Niners!

Happy for you man! That or the game in Candlestick a week before would've been my choices for a first football game.

Great game. I'm proud of my boys after being down 17-0 they never gave up, they showed heart and determination. Shut them out the second half, Falcon fans are shocked but they shouldn't be, they're not a second half team

Feels great :smokin

I have all sorts of screen shots of a bunch of y'all thinkin' you're Ms. Cleo, but I'll spare you guys. Final score says it all.

:D

Hats off to ATL, they gave us a hell of a fight.

Been a pleasure watching Tony G do his thing all these years, hope to see him in broadcasting in a year or two. Class Act :smokin

So Duece, how do you feel about the read-option offense now? Is it still a gimmick offense?
**NFL referee**......."Upon further review, the ruling on the field is overturned".....
laugh.gif
.  To answer you question, it's still a gimmick even though it happens to be currently working for my team because I don't see Colin, RGIII, or Russell using the read-option long term during their career. 

The read-option is new and exciting and very effective of course, but I don't think we will see if use on a constant basis.  Now if the read option were used between 6-8 plays during a game by a particular offense then I can see how that could be more of a long-term constant for a team, but as Skins fans learned this season you really don't want to rely or use the read-option that much as you can expose your quarterback to unnecessary hits and potential danger as we all saw with RGIII.  Hope that answer your question.

^ I tried to tell you their Dynasty wouldn't return with Alex Smith.
laugh.gif

Does Kaep have the least amount of starts for a SB QB?
I was trying to remember the person who said that statement to me.....
laugh.gif
.  The Alex Smith part was definitely the right call on your end, I did feel that as a team we were starting to head in the right direction.  Just needed the right QB to take us to the next level. 

If not Kaep, I'm guessing it would be Brady off hand.  Didn't Brady take over the starting role in Week 10??

More like week 2 or 3

But, it was almost poetic that Brady got hurt against Pittsburgh and Bledsoe had to take the reins and lead the Pats to victory that day.

**NFL referee**......."Upon further review, the ruling on the field is overturned".....:lol: .  To answer you question, it's still a gimmick even though it happens to be currently working for my team because I don't see Colin, RGIII, or Russell using the read-option long term during their career. 

The read-option is new and exciting and very effective of course, but I don't think we will see if use on a constant basis.  Now if the read option were used between 6-8 plays during a game by a particular offense then I can see how that could be more of a long-term constant for a team, but as Skins fans learned this season you really don't want to rely or use the read-option that much as you can expose your quarterback to unnecessary hits and potential danger as we all saw with RGIII.  Hope that answer your question.

ok cool. The skins didn't run it that often, especially towards the end of the season. It was around 6-10 plays and maybe even less.

I don't think its a gimmick, more-so an adaptation to counter the speed of defenses nowadays. It works if you have a dual threat QB and a good running game. It's hard to stop all three phases especially if you are a linebacker. The skins problem is that our QB hates to slide and protect himself but i think he will smarten up.

I hoping Randy Moss finally gets a ring so I am rooting for the 9ers.

^ I tried to tell you their Dynasty wouldn't return with Alex Smith. :lol:

Does Kaep have the least amount of starts for a SB QB?

6th youngest qb and 3rd least amount of starts. I was definitely surprised when I heard both of those numbers because I figured he would be around top 2 in both.

Back
Top Bottom