OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Bilal, you guys can't have him. :lol:

Probably better suited as a complimentary RB but he has potential to be a 3-down back. Excels as a receiver out of the backfield. Once he was 100% healthy around week 10-11 last year he really gave us a much needed change of pace from the power of Ivory.

I know we have a ton of money to burn, but I'm not a fan of Ivory getting that much from us. Hopefully it's not all guaranteed but more performance based.

Still though, I'll take him and Yeldon as the 1-2 punch :pimp:

Why do you care about the dollar amount?

It has no bearing on the Jaguars' ability to improve their team.

That's true. I just don't like overpaying for the sake of it since we have the money. Granted, not sure what the market was like for him and the offers other teams may have put forth, but I doubt many teams would've given a RB that much right now.

My main concern is making sure we don't mortgage our future away and not have enough $ for the contracts that A-Rob, Hurns, Bortles, Yeldon, Telvin Smith might command when their rookie deals are up.

wonder how many raider fans will come out of hiding if the going goes good and join the thread?

:frown:

:lol: youve been here.

I don't think Brock is that special, but I can see how they wouldn't want to waste that Defense on bad QB play.

i still hope he absorbed a lot of knowledge from manning and be becomes arod light for the broncos. let me dream |I

Broncos about to call Tebow up if Brock really leaves for Houston

They have no other choice :nerd:

rg3 already booking flights to denver if brock leaves. he fits kubes run offense x bootlegs.

Jets and Dolphins bleeding offensively :evil:

another cake walk year for the pats. i see you pats :smokin

Raiders better make my prediction true and win that division.

y u do dis.

Why do you care about the dollar amount?

It has no bearing on the Jaguars' ability to improve their team.

That's true. I just don't like overpaying for the sake of it since we have the money. Granted, not sure what the market was like for him and the offers other teams may have put forth, but I doubt many teams would've given a RB that much right now.

My main concern is making sure we don't mortgage our future away and not have enough $ for the contracts that A-Rob, Hurns, Bortles, Yeldon, Telvin Smith might command when their rookie deals are up.

Yall have the most cap space in NFL history.

Unless yall are handing out 10 years deals with 70% guaranteed its impossible to mess up the future.

Matt hassleback would be a great pickup for anyone needing a backup. Dudes footwork is magical.

I think the raiders are going to sign pacman next.

What's the word on Bilal Powell? He seems more like a pass catching back/3rd down back than an all-purpose kind of back

power runner if i'm not mistaken

nick. nick. or macbk macbk :nerd:

Nick beat me to it - "Probably better suited as a complimentary RB but he has potential to be a 3-down back. Excels as a receiver out of the backfield. Once he was 100% healthy around week 10-11 last year he really gave us a much needed change of pace from the power of Ivory"

With Ivory going down south to the Jags, I think we'll retain Powell. He has that Sproles vibe to him, but we're going to have to pair him with an incoming FA or through the draft; a bunch of mocks and Mel Kiper's latest has gone back to us taking Elliott at #20.

Jags have had monstrous cap space for like 5 years now right?? ":smokin" ... :lol: They continue to defy their own luxuries but signing Ivory was a great move. Offense is set with a legitimate RB now. The two Allen's ate last year with TJ Yeldon, Toby Gerhart and Denard Robinson three-headed monster backfield. #JUke

Offense is set but they desperately need to address their offensive line now, it's been bad & it's not steadily improving. Joeckel -_-

Last edited:
Yeldon looked really good last year when he was healthy...I don't think they needed to spend that much money on another RB. Not a bad pickup but you would think Ivory would wanna look for a team where he'd be more clear cut the #1 guy after a career year this past year. Most important thing for them is their OL though. Bortles has been getting killed back there.

Janoris Jenkins to the Giants it looks like. Guess Prince is gone. Not worth the money he wants, he can't stay healthy.

Kind of cool seeing JPP and Charles Johnson turn down more money to stay with their team.

Didn't a few people on here say JPP might not even be on a roster this season? He got 10 from the Giants and two teams offered significantly more money.

Cruz is open to taking a pay cut but it still hasn't happened. They must be far apart which isn't good. Really want to see him stay with us and get healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom