Official NFL Free Agency Thread....vol. 12:01

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

The other rumor is the Cowboys make a serious play for Burner Turner, and pair him with Barber, negating the need for a RB through the draft all together... That's another move I'd be really happy with
What's the price on Turner?

Originally Posted by coming of age 32

Fellow Eagles Fans what do you guys think?? Does dude have anything left??
Rams released WR Isaac Bruce.

The Rams asked Bruce to take a pay cut and he refused. The Rams have got themselves into awful cap condition with poor free agent signings the past few seasons, and now have to cut their most tenured player. Bruce has plenty left to in the tank, and will instantly be on San Francisco's radar. If the Rams are smart, they'll make him another contract offer. Feb. 28 - 4:50 pm et
Source: St Louis Post-Dispatch

No point in bringing him here, and he wouldn't want to anyways. We will bring in another receiver. If we can't land Fitzgerald or Williams,Stallworth will end up back here. Bruce won't want to be a #4, and there's no reason why we'd bring in an aging #4.

Browns GM Phil Savage says he's ready for the Brady Quinn era if Derek Anderson doesn't accept the team's multi-year contract offer.

Savage doesn't expect Anderson to return if he passes on the three-year proposal currently on the table. The Browns don't plan to match any deal Anderson gets in restricted free agency. "We can look in the mirror and know we put a strong offer out there," Savage said. The Browns would be happy to take the first- and third-round picks they'd receive when Anderson signs an offer sheet, and appoint Brady Quinn as their 2008 starting QB.

Lets hope he can put those pounds he lost on the Subway diet and muscles he gained with EAS to good work.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

The Rams asked Bruce to take a pay cut and he refused. The Rams have got themselves into awful cap condition with poor free agent signings the past few seasons, and now have to cut their most tenured player. Bruce has plenty left to in the tank, and will instantly be on San Francisco's radar. If the Rams are smart, they'll make him another contract offer. Feb. 28 - 4:50 pm et

No point in bringing him here, and he wouldn't want to anyways. We will bring in another receiver. If we can't land Fitzgerald or Williams, Stallworth will end up back here. Bruce won't want to be a #4, and there's no reason why we'd bring in an aging #4.

#4?

Kevin Curtis, Reggie Brown, Greg Lewis, Jason Avant, Hank Baskett?

I don't see ONE receiver that would start ahead of Bruce, let alone 3.

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

No point in bringing him here, and he wouldn't want to anyways. We will bring in another receiver. If we can't land Fitzgerald or Williams, Stallworth will end up back here. Bruce won't want to be a #4, and there's no reason why we'd bring in an aging #4.

#4?

There is no way we would bring in Isaac Bruce to start over Curtis or Brown. I don't understand why people think Curtis is some bum. He put up 77,1110, and 6 TDs while playing for an offense that was anemic for 3/4 of the season. Reggie Brown didn't have a bad year either considering the terriblestart he got off to. Notice how I said that we will bring in another receiver, thus I wouldn't think Lewis, Avant, or Baskett would be ahead of him.

Browns GM Phil Savage says he's ready for the Brady Quinn era if Derek Anderson doesn't accept the team's multi-year contract offer.

Savage doesn't expect Anderson to return if he passes on the three-year proposal currently on the table. The Browns don't plan to match any deal Anderson gets in restricted free agency. "We can look in the mirror and know we put a strong offer out there," Savage said. The Browns would be happy to take the first- and third-round picks they'd receive when Anderson signs an offer sheet, and appoint Brady Quinn as their 2008 starting QB.

Lets hope he can put those pounds he lost on the Subway diet and muscles he gained with EAS to good work.

I wonder what the terms of that 3 yr. deal is....

pimp.gif
isaac bruce in SF would be SICK....and since we're likely taking a WR early in the draft, he can be a very, very good mentor.

#4?

There is no way we would bring in Isaac Bruce to start over Curtis or Brown. I don't understand why people think Curtis is some bum. He put up 77, 1110, and 6 TDs while playing for an offense that was anemic for 3/4 of the season. Reggie Brown didn't have a bad year either considering the terrible start he got off to. Notice how I said that we will bring in another receiver, thus I wouldn't think Lewis, Avant, or Baskett would be ahead of him.

Curtis emerged because he was the best WR out of that group of misfits. Hell, Bernard Berrian had almost 1000 yards and he's a bum.

I guarantee he'd start ahead of Reggie Brown. All it would take is another two weeks of playing like the true Reggie Brown. And you keep talking aboutbringing in a WR, thats *if* that happens. Don't forget that other teams with a crapload of cap space want WR's too and this years class is SUPER weak.You guys might end up with Bryant Johnson as the big WR pick-up.

The Vikings have reportedly offered the Texans a third-round pick in exchange for backup QB Sage Rosenfels.

The corner, defensive line, and running back needy Texans are going to have to think long and hard about this one. As great a backup as Rosenfels is (he went 4-1 as a starter and threw 15 TDs in 2007), the Texans need draft picks. They're said to be holding out for a second-rounder. If acquired, Rosenfels would compete to start with Tarvaris Jackson, and probably be the favorite.

Peace out Tarvaris. It was fun while it lasted.

Flozell Adams has agreed to terms, and will stay in Dallas.

Financial terms not yet available.

smh.gif
3rd rounder, that guy is horrible too

Flozell just re-upped with the Boys,

Andre Davis just re-upped with the texans 4 yr deal. .

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Thats good. Hope we did not overpay.

Nope. Dude is most likely done. If we can't get Fitzgerald or Berrian, we can welcome Donte Stallworth back to Philly again.

#4?

There is no way we would bring in Isaac Bruce to start over Curtis or Brown. I don't understand why people think Curtis is some bum. He put up 77, 1110, and 6 TDs while playing for an offense that was anemic for 3/4 of the season. Reggie Brown didn't have a bad year either considering the terrible start he got off to. Notice how I said that we will bring in another receiver, thus I wouldn't think Lewis, Avant, or Baskett would be ahead of him.

Curtis emerged because he was the best WR out of that group of misfits. Hell, Bernard Berrian had almost 1000 yards and he's a bum.

I guarantee he'd start ahead of Reggie Brown. All it would take is another two weeks of playing like the true Reggie Brown. And you keep talking about bringing in a WR, thats *if* that happens. Don't forget that other teams with a crapload of cap space want WR's too and this years class is SUPER weak. You guys might end up with Bryant Johnson as the big WR pick-up.

So Curtis only has decent numbers because nobody else on the team is any good?

Trading my man. Although apparently they are talking to Porter right now (
alien.gif
if he doesn't play like he's capable of).

We would never bring in Bruce to start over Brown. It would be a terrible move. But all this is moot because we have no need for him.

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

Originally Posted by mario23407

flo is going to be a cowboy for the rest of his career.
You know he's going to continue to give your team more false starts, right?

will pay for surgery on that ear for it can help, but as long as he is blocking like he did this past year I dont mind a false start each game.

Back
Top Bottom