Official NFL Free Agency Thread....vol. 12:01

You know he's going to continue to give your team more false starts, right?
You know he's a top five left tackle in the NFL, right?

roll.gif
at Solomon Wilcots on NFL Network. They were talking about the bestfree agent quarterbacks, and Trent Green was listed as the sleeper. Solomon goes, "Why is he a sleeper? Because of what he was doing the last time we sawhim on the field?".
roll.gif

Cold-blooded.

will the bears spend any money this offseason?? as inconsistent as Berrian is they better hope to bring him back because they have too many needs to pick areceiver in the first or second round and the free agent class is WEAK...unless we can land stallworth but what receiver would wanna come and catch balls fromgrossman or orton?? we need a t and a guard, desperate for a rb with some skills, need a dt to play with tommie, and need some help at safety in case mikebrown goes down again, which we all know is likely to happen again...and thats not even mentioning how much of an issue qb is...knowing the bears they wonttake a qb til the 3rd or fourth round and end up takin a t and g with their first two picks...hope they make a push for turner and stallworth because i reallydont wanna see bradley and hester as are top 2 receivers
eyes.gif
sick.gif

Rotoworld.com
Citing "sources," the Washington Post reports the Browns will acquire franchise player Corey Williams from the Packers at midnight tonight.

Green Bay is looking for a second-round pick in exchange for Williams. If this report proves true, Packers GM Ted Thompson will look brilliant. By franchising Williams and putting him on the block, Thompson will have nabbed a day one pick for a player he originally appeared all but certain to.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Browns 2nd round pick to the packers for Corey Williams, I like this move a lot.

TT is gonna bring it this offseason

STRIFE O- Search "David Ball" on youtube.

Dude makes some SICK catches (check the preseason one against the Bears).

He's just a little small and slow but his hands more than make up for it IMO.

Kinda a Wayne Chrebet type if I had to make a comparison.

Anywho, Bears had on the prac. squad and let him go...I kinda wanted to see what he could do in the NFL.

Vilma to the Saints apparently. That's what Clayton just said.

Don't do it Jets, reconsider it.

Crap, the Saints are actually getting good players to play on the D. NOt a good sign.

Originally Posted by The Wizard

Don't do it Jets, reconsider it.

Crap, the Saints are actually getting good players to play on the D. NOt a good sign.

Vilma for Colston?
nerd.gif

what the hell are the raiders thinking? al davis must be going insane if hes handing out money like that. i think i should go try out may be hes stupid enoughto pay me

GMSboy1- yea ive seen dude play...he was d1-aa in college rite? he went to new hampshire or somethin and broke one of jerry rices records rite? yea seen himplay in the preseason last year, he made some plays...hes with the jets now tho

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

You know he's going to continue to give your team more false starts, right?
roll.gif
at Solomon Wilcots on NFL Network. They were talking about the best free agent quarterbacks, and Trent Green was listed as the sleeper. Solomon goes, "Why is he a sleeper? Because of what he was doing the last time we saw him on the field?".
roll.gif

Cold-blooded.

sick.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
Now THAT is +$!%+$ up.

If Moss doesn't sign with the Patriots in the next couple of hours...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by The Wizard

Yeah I heard that earlier tonight too, but I checked NFL.com and the Saints website and there is no news about thistrade.

^It's official now...

Jets Trade Vilma to New Orleans

The New Orleans Saints completed a trade with the New York Jets to acquire linebacker Jonathan Vilma.

Jonathan Vilma

Vilma
Though terms of the deal weren't announced, it is believed Vilma will go to the Saints for a fourth-round pick in 2009 that could be upgraded to a third-round based on how he plays in 2008. Vilma is in the final year of his contract and he goes to New Orleans without a new deal.

The Jets started shopping him in the past couple of weeks. Drafted to be a middle linebacker in a 4-3 defense, Vilma didn't fit in as well when Eric Mangini installed a 3-4 defense. Vilma's knee problems also influenced the Jets' decision to move him.

For the Saints, it was a busy opening to the start of free agency. On Thursday night, they re-signed defensive tackle Brian Young to a three-year, $12 million contract with a $4 million signing bonus. They also re-signed linebacker Mark Simoneau to a three-year, $4.9 million contract that included a $1.4 million signing bonus.

from ESPN

Kawika Mitchell signs with the Bills

Linebacker Kawika Mitchell took a chance in free agency last winter and ended up with a Super Bowl ring as a member of the New York Giants.

On Friday, Mitchell chased the money, and landed a multi-year contract with the Buffalo Bills. Terms of the deal weren't immediately available.

The five-year veteran started all 16 games for the Giants last season after being the team's only notable free-agent addition a year ago. He finished with 87 tackles, 3½ sacks and an interception -- which he returned for a touchdown against the Bills.

He also had a fumble return for a TD and added two sacks in four playoff games, including one in the Giants' Super Bowl win over New England.

The Bills are aggressively trying to improve their defense. Mitchell's signing helps their linebacking corps, and the Bills have Jaguars defensive tackle Marcus Stroud in their building Friday for a visit.

Stroud was told Thursday by the Jaguars that they might trade him.

This whole Moss silence thing is making me uneasy. I follow Moss wherever he goes, but I am definitely hoping he hangs around New England and Tom Brady a lilwhile longer. I am starting to worry a lil bit that the Pats jersey might get pushed to the back of the closet with the Raiders and Vikings ones.

Jason Ferguson traded to the dolphins for a 2009 6th round pick and the teams swap 6th round picks this year

roll.gif
at Solomon Wilcots on NFL Network. They were talking about the best free agent quarterbacks, and Trent Green was listed as the sleeper. Solomon goes, "Why is he a sleeper? Because of what he was doing the last time we saw him on the field?".
roll.gif

LMAO

Man...i wanted to keep Gibril, but whatever. I liked what I saw out of Michael Johnson last season

Back
Top Bottom