Official NFL Free Agency + Trades vol. It's Time.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]no sir.... when there is, Trust. I got you guys.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]no sir.... when there is, Trust. I got you guys.[/color]

Report: Steve Smith wants out
EmailPrintComments
By Pat Yasinskas
ESPN.com
Archive
Sometime before the NFL lockout started in March, Carolina Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith cleaned out his locker at Bank of America Stadium, according to a report by Pro Football Weekly.

The report also says Smith, on the same day, took down all of the decorations in the luxury suite his family used on game days.

NFC South blog
ESPN.com's Pat Yasinskas writes about all things NFC South in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

There has been speculation for months that the veteran wide receiver might want out as the Panthers continue with a youth movement and coach Ron Rivera takes over a team that was 2-14 last season.

Smith has been mum on the topic, but this could be a sign that he wants to be traded as soon as the league's labor situation is resolved enough to allow transactions.

The report also said Smith asked to be traded before the lockout began. Smith's Charlotte home has been on the market for more than a year, but he said last season that was because he was considering moving to another home in the area that would better accommodate his family.

The team has been deliberate when discussing Smith's future publicly. At the NFL owners meeting, Rivera said he had talked to Smith before the lockout and that the team would wait to see how things sorted out.

Privately, a team official said Smith was told in January that he should sit down and think about his future. The team official said Smith was told, if he wanted out, that the team would work with him. But the official also said it was made clear to Smith that the Panthers will not simply release him or "give him away."

Smith joined the Panthers in 2001 and has spent his entire career in Carolina. The team official said if Smith wanted out, the team would seek draft picks or players as compensation in trade scenarios.

Report: Steve Smith wants out
EmailPrintComments
By Pat Yasinskas
ESPN.com
Archive
Sometime before the NFL lockout started in March, Carolina Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith cleaned out his locker at Bank of America Stadium, according to a report by Pro Football Weekly.

The report also says Smith, on the same day, took down all of the decorations in the luxury suite his family used on game days.

NFC South blog
ESPN.com's Pat Yasinskas writes about all things NFC South in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

There has been speculation for months that the veteran wide receiver might want out as the Panthers continue with a youth movement and coach Ron Rivera takes over a team that was 2-14 last season.

Smith has been mum on the topic, but this could be a sign that he wants to be traded as soon as the league's labor situation is resolved enough to allow transactions.

The report also said Smith asked to be traded before the lockout began. Smith's Charlotte home has been on the market for more than a year, but he said last season that was because he was considering moving to another home in the area that would better accommodate his family.

The team has been deliberate when discussing Smith's future publicly. At the NFL owners meeting, Rivera said he had talked to Smith before the lockout and that the team would wait to see how things sorted out.

Privately, a team official said Smith was told in January that he should sit down and think about his future. The team official said Smith was told, if he wanted out, that the team would work with him. But the official also said it was made clear to Smith that the Panthers will not simply release him or "give him away."

Smith joined the Panthers in 2001 and has spent his entire career in Carolina. The team official said if Smith wanted out, the team would seek draft picks or players as compensation in trade scenarios.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Without going deep into detail.... The courts, from all the underlining talk, will probably vote for the players again in the owners appeal.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]If that happens, Free Agency SHOULD start as early as monday. That will mean Veteran Free Agents as well as Kids after the draft.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Also, if it goes this way then it'll be the same scale for pay (draft) as 2009-2010.... not a fan, they need to have a rookie scale. Hopefully that will be instated next year. [/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]here's hoping everything gets back on track as of Monday.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Without going deep into detail.... The courts, from all the underlining talk, will probably vote for the players again in the owners appeal.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]If that happens, Free Agency SHOULD start as early as monday. That will mean Veteran Free Agents as well as Kids after the draft.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Also, if it goes this way then it'll be the same scale for pay (draft) as 2009-2010.... not a fan, they need to have a rookie scale. Hopefully that will be instated next year. [/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]here's hoping everything gets back on track as of Monday.[/color]

Originally Posted by dland24

Is there any Nnamdi news?
He will be a Detroit Lion next year
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Not pulling that out my !%@#, there have been talks since last year when they almost made a trade for him.  Ford needs to get this done, having him potentially back there with Prince/Jimmy Smith and Delmas would be
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

Is there any Nnamdi news?
He will be a Detroit Lion next year
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Not pulling that out my !%@#, there have been talks since last year when they almost made a trade for him.  Ford needs to get this done, having him potentially back there with Prince/Jimmy Smith and Delmas would be
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

nerd.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Very good chance he'll land with the Lions.... also the Jets will be in heavy play. Texans should be as well. Those are the three main teams i see.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]With what QB? I Highly doubt  Moss will go any where near the NFC West. He wants Pats, doubt he'll get that as well. He and TO are a big ? as far as where they will go. That'll be interesting to see.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Very good chance he'll land with the Lions.... also the Jets will be in heavy play. Texans should be as well. Those are the three main teams i see.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]With what QB? I Highly doubt  Moss will go any where near the NFC West. He wants Pats, doubt he'll get that as well. He and TO are a big ? as far as where they will go. That'll be interesting to see.[/color]

Originally Posted by im that one

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)][/color]
Who are you referring to here?  Moss or Nnamdi??? 

Originally Posted by im that one

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)][/color]
Who are you referring to here?  Moss or Nnamdi??? 

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]OK...... so ESPN had a mis-print.....[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Still looking like monday..... How in the blue hell do you mis-print something like that??[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]OK...... so ESPN had a mis-print.....[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Still looking like monday..... How in the blue hell do you mis-print something like that??[/color]

Back
Top Bottom