Official NFL Free Agency + Trades vol. It's Time.

I still dont see what people see in Shipley guess bc I dont follow Cincy. But the kid looked avg all four games I've seen of him.

I still dont see what people see in Shipley guess bc I dont follow Cincy. But the kid looked avg all four games I've seen of him.

Originally Posted by Put em up

laugh.gif
you said you don't follow Cincy that sums it up. He was really good in the slot his rookie year. I'm pretty sure he was among the rookie leaders in pass receptions.

Solid off-season thus far. Just need to re-sign Pat Sims, which sounds like is coming. Now we definitely have flexibility in the draft. Kendall Wright and Stephen Gilmore in round 1 would be perfect.

Originally Posted by Put em up

laugh.gif
you said you don't follow Cincy that sums it up. He was really good in the slot his rookie year. I'm pretty sure he was among the rookie leaders in pass receptions.

Solid off-season thus far. Just need to re-sign Pat Sims, which sounds like is coming. Now we definitely have flexibility in the draft. Kendall Wright and Stephen Gilmore in round 1 would be perfect.

[h1]
[h1]Three years, $9 million for Green-Ellis[/h1]

Posted by Mike Florio on March 23, 2012, 7:42 PM
EDT

c3773fbd8a1b6022e9dfbec6ff7653de-getty-136319529-e1332545946412.jpg
Getty Images

Well, veteran running backs officially are the new kickers.

The three-year deal recently signed by Bengals running back BenJarvus
Green-Ellis
has a base value, according to a league source, of $9 million. 
Making it worth $3 million per year.

And matching the annual average of the contracts signed last year by Panthers
kicker Olindo
Mare
and Vikings kicker Ryan
Longwell

It doesn’t make it a bad deal for GreenEllis.  It’s arguably the best deal of
any of the veteran running back contracts signed since free agency opened. 
He’ll get $4 million in the first year, he can make another $1.6 million via
mostly reasonable triggers, and (unlike Michael
Bush
and his $3.5 million annual average) GreenEllis won’t be backing up Matt
Forte

And so with Bush getting $3.5 million per year from the Bears and GreenEllis
getting $3 million per year and Peyton
Hillis
getting $2.6 million on a one-year deal in Kansas City, and Mike Tolbert
averaging $2.5 million over four with the Panthers, the guys who run with the
football may have been better off if they’d learned to kick it.

Just ask Phil
Dawson
.  The 37-year-old Browns kicker will make $3.8 million in
[/h1]
This is the game that I love to watch?
laugh.gif

[h1]
[h1]Three years, $9 million for Green-Ellis[/h1]

Posted by Mike Florio on March 23, 2012, 7:42 PM
EDT

c3773fbd8a1b6022e9dfbec6ff7653de-getty-136319529-e1332545946412.jpg
Getty Images

Well, veteran running backs officially are the new kickers.

The three-year deal recently signed by Bengals running back BenJarvus
Green-Ellis
has a base value, according to a league source, of $9 million. 
Making it worth $3 million per year.

And matching the annual average of the contracts signed last year by Panthers
kicker Olindo
Mare
and Vikings kicker Ryan
Longwell

It doesn’t make it a bad deal for GreenEllis.  It’s arguably the best deal of
any of the veteran running back contracts signed since free agency opened. 
He’ll get $4 million in the first year, he can make another $1.6 million via
mostly reasonable triggers, and (unlike Michael
Bush
and his $3.5 million annual average) GreenEllis won’t be backing up Matt
Forte

And so with Bush getting $3.5 million per year from the Bears and GreenEllis
getting $3 million per year and Peyton
Hillis
getting $2.6 million on a one-year deal in Kansas City, and Mike Tolbert
averaging $2.5 million over four with the Panthers, the guys who run with the
football may have been better off if they’d learned to kick it.

Just ask Phil
Dawson
.  The 37-year-old Browns kicker will make $3.8 million in
[/h1]
This is the game that I love to watch?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

^
What they need Drew for anyways?   They got that duo now. 
pimp.gif

Righty/lefty wobbly attempts for everybody.  Jet receivers won't lead the league in drops, they gonna lead the league in "man, @*$% that's" 
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Vet running backs are the new kickers 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

^
What they need Drew for anyways?   They got that duo now. 
pimp.gif

Righty/lefty wobbly attempts for everybody.  Jet receivers won't lead the league in drops, they gonna lead the league in "man, @*$% that's" 
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Vet running backs are the new kickers 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Always liked Barber. Thought he would've made a better pro than what he turned out to be. That reminds me....Where's Maroney?
30t6p3b.gif

Anyway, I can always respect a professional football player's decision to retire "early." I just hope he saved his money and doesn't try getting back into it three years from now.

Always liked Barber. Thought he would've made a better pro than what he turned out to be. That reminds me....Where's Maroney?
30t6p3b.gif

Anyway, I can always respect a professional football player's decision to retire "early." I just hope he saved his money and doesn't try getting back into it three years from now.

Man the Pats dumped Maroney on the Broncos back in 2010 and I haven't heard from him since. Always felt like
I was waiting on him to get really good but it just never happened. That's probably New England's offense more than
his actual talent.

Man the Pats dumped Maroney on the Broncos back in 2010 and I haven't heard from him since. Always felt like
I was waiting on him to get really good but it just never happened. That's probably New England's offense more than
his actual talent.

Much rather have Bush at 4/$14 than "The Law Firm" at 3/$9.

Stanton got his wish.

Avery could be a good deep threat for Luck.

Any chance at all Indy pulls a shocker and goes RG3 over Luck?

Much rather have Bush at 4/$14 than "The Law Firm" at 3/$9.

Stanton got his wish.

Avery could be a good deep threat for Luck.

Any chance at all Indy pulls a shocker and goes RG3 over Luck?

^ RGIII's pro day was supposedly amazing & the Colts were on site to see so who knows. I saw someone's mock draft having them pick him but we'll see. Conventional wisdon says the Colts pick Luck but Irsay certa crazy like his pops so there's a slim chance he could pick RGIII instead. Imagine the shock that would generate though...I know my jaw would be hanging at floor level if it did...

^ RGIII's pro day was supposedly amazing & the Colts were on site to see so who knows. I saw someone's mock draft having them pick him but we'll see. Conventional wisdon says the Colts pick Luck but Irsay certa crazy like his pops so there's a slim chance he could pick RGIII instead. Imagine the shock that would generate though...I know my jaw would be hanging at floor level if it did...

Zyzz, you're the only one who doesn't see the potential for RG3 to be selected by Indy. Dungy was the first to say it publicly, but there's certainly something to the argument in favor of RG3.

Agreed, PSK. Indy will most likely still go Luck, but they must do their due diligence on RG3.

Paul, I'm starting to lean in that direction as well. I was pro-Luck for #1 overall from the start based on the tape. Arm strength is overrated but we can't ignore the reports that Luck may have moderate arm strength. RG3's arm strength is unquestioned and his deep ball accuracy is ridiculously pinpoint. Both QBs are mobile but RG3 obviously has the advantage in that area as well.

Zyzz, you're the only one who doesn't see the potential for RG3 to be selected by Indy. Dungy was the first to say it publicly, but there's certainly something to the argument in favor of RG3.

Agreed, PSK. Indy will most likely still go Luck, but they must do their due diligence on RG3.

Paul, I'm starting to lean in that direction as well. I was pro-Luck for #1 overall from the start based on the tape. Arm strength is overrated but we can't ignore the reports that Luck may have moderate arm strength. RG3's arm strength is unquestioned and his deep ball accuracy is ridiculously pinpoint. Both QBs are mobile but RG3 obviously has the advantage in that area as well.

rg3 has a chance to be a suped up steve young..

this dude is a plus 70% passer to go with that unworldly athletic ability.. only thing that makes me feel better about him going to the ******** is that they wont have draft picks or money to put talent around him

rg3 has a chance to be a suped up steve young..

this dude is a plus 70% passer to go with that unworldly athletic ability.. only thing that makes me feel better about him going to the ******** is that they wont have draft picks or money to put talent around him

^ I don't want him on the Skins since we're both Eagles fans. Would definitely still like to add Kuechly or an OLB in the first two rounds of the draft.

Back
Top Bottom