OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: R.I.P Jacoby Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
They give national media platforms to guys like Dan Orlovsky, Chris Simms and David Carr to talk about players, often talking down on ones much better than they ever hoped to be, yet a former MVP like Cam isn't allowed his own opinion?

The backlash has been funny style to me and especially coming from a lot of the coworkers of the aforementioned guys...

Orlovsky pretty good though. Rarely see him talk down or have a agenda.

Orlovsky pretty good though. Rarely see him talk down or have a agenda.
Might have bunched him unfairly because those other 2 spew consistently garbage, viral aiming takes, but the point still stands that if they're allowed to have their own opinions regardless of how good they were, Cam should be too without getting slandered for it

Might have bunched him unfairly because those other 2 spew consistently garbage, viral aiming takes, but the point still stands that if they're allowed to have their own opinions regardless of how good they were, Cam should be too without getting slandered for it

Yeah, we know a lot of people don't like Cam anyway.

They give national media platforms to guys like Dan Orlovsky, Chris Simms and David Carr to constantly talk about players, often talking down on ones much better than they ever hoped to be, yet a former MVP like Cam isn't allowed his own opinion?

The backlash has been funny style to me and especially coming from a lot of the coworkers of the aforementioned guys...

We routinely call Chris and Dan trash too :lol:

I still can’t believe this got this much attention because the man said Tua Purdy and Goff are not game changers which is something countless people have said and isn’t even that unreasonable of a take. It’s fairly mundane. The only one you can argue is Dak but let’s not act like that’s how most have viewed him for years until this year.

1702569018009.png

vince-mcmahon-crying.gif

I still can’t believe this got this much attention because the man said Tua Purdy and Goff are not game changers which is something countless people have said and isn’t even that unreasonable of a take. It’s fairly mundane. The only one you can argue is Dak but let’s not act like that’s how most have viewed him for years until this year.

Cam was a difference maker because he scrambled. Dude peaked after 2 or 3 good seasons. He was NEVER an elite passer which is the most important component of being a QB.

The jury is still out on Purdy.

Dak’s been a top 5 passer consistently the past 5 years.

With Cam’s logic (other than Aaron Rodgers) every current NFL QB is a game manager other than Mahomes or Josh Allen

Cam was a difference maker because he scrambled. Dude peaked after 2 or 3 good seasons. He was NEVER an elite passer which is the most important component of being a QB.

The jury is still out on Purdy.

Dak’s been a top 5 passer consistently the past 5 years.

With Cam’s logic (other than Aaron Rodgers) every current NFL QB is a game manager other than Mahomes or Josh Allen

I don’t know what Cam not being an elite passer has to do with what he said that’s irrelevant to me. It’s only relevant if you think dude was hating but he wasn’t to me he was just making a really simple point.

And yes tbh to me it’s clear most QBs outside of the ones at the top of the game are varying levels of game managers who need a lot around them on both sides of the ball to make it work at a to a level you could make a run with them and it’s always been that way.

I’m not one of these people that see game manager as a insult or a knock it’s just a honest assessment that there are some dudes you can expect more out of than others and what they need around them.

🐐 🐐 🐐 🐐

Not sure we'll ever see that combination of excellence as a pass catcher and as a blocker again.

Kittle is the only one who comes close rn

Exactly why I said Gronk was my Goat TE when we had that convo some weeks back. I expected more out of Kittle and thought he'd be verging on the top of his contemporaries, but the production just isn't there + injuries.

Exactly why I said Gronk was my Goat TE when we had that convo some weeks back. I expected more out of Kittle and thought he'd be verging on the top of his contemporaries, but the production just isn't there + injuries.
Injuries have definitely impacted his numbers but I also he's never really been the main focus on offense in SF like Gronk was for a long time.

They've had an embarrassment of riches at the skill positions the entire time he's been there so he's not always getting a major share of targets. With Gronk, there was always a rotating door of WR's outside of Edelman so when big plays were needed, TB12 looked to him most of the time. Even when double or triple covered :lol:

Gronk said as much recently

You don't see all that many great blocking TE's much nowadays and see more of your pass catching, glorified WR types.

Don't think they're coached under that traditional TE mold either, pass protection and run blocking takes a backseat to how effective you can be in the passing game as the QB's security blanket.

So y'all degenerates tuning in to the much anticipated matchup between Aidan O'Connell and Easton Stick?

As complicit as EYE am that is a bridge too far man. :lol: :smh:

Will be prioritizing NBA tonight.

EYE see Lenny's #1 West seed Wolves playing Luka tonight.

Thunder/LDB and the corpse of the Dubs playing the rejuvenated Clippers.

It was a corny quote from Cam Newton and came off as salty on his end that he’s 34 and not in the league. His prior accolades don’t change that. He won mvp and was nice during his prime. He also got beat out for a starting job by Mac Jones 6 years after that mvp season. But either way your prior accomplishments don’t make you exempt from having an attention seeking take being treated as such.

It must be silly take week though because Roethlesberger said some pretty dumb and tone deaf stuff as well this week too.

So y'all degenerates tuning in to the much anticipated matchup between Aidan O'Connell and Easton Stick?

As complicit as EYE am that is a bridge too far man. :lol: :smh:

Will be prioritizing NBA tonight.

EYE see Lenny's #1 West seed Wolves playing Luka tonight.

Thunder/LDB and the corpse of the Dubs playing the rejuvenated Clippers.

For gambling purposes :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom