OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: R.I.P Jacoby Jones

To be fair, for as much praise as he gets, outside of the lone Super Bowl 2010 there isn’t a ton of reason why anyone would pick his career over Eli’s. Rodgers is a regular season stat monster which is why he’s got more MVPs than Eli. But besides that? Meh.

give me Eli’s because dude the only 1 of the 2 that seems remotely happy

and if he’s having a bad week, just gotta go around some giants fans

Zero clue where Rodgers even stands with packers fans these days

Give me Big Ben’s (minus the bathroom) over Rodgers and Eli. Rodgers is most physically gifted though.

Ben had a hell of career statistically and as far as accolades

And I’m definitely taking Rodgers career over Eli’s.

Eli is the most charismatic out of everyone though

the question is whether you’d prefer to be a first ballot Hall of Famer or a 2x SB Champ/MVP?

I think i’d take the rings tbh. good debate tho.

the question is whether you’d prefer to be a first ballot Hall of Famer or a 2x SB Champ/MVP?

I think i’d take the rings tbh. good debate tho.
Eli has context on his side as well. 2-0 against arguably the GOAT QB and HC in the SB where he spoiled a perfect season bid. And he’s a legend in the largest sports market.

Give me Eli but ask me again if Rodgers wins a SB with the Jets.

I tend to agree with picking Eli’s career over Aaron’s because of the rings, but I feel like a lot of you are looking back at Eli’s career with rose-colored glasses. The truth is that he led bad to mediocre teams for most of career. He only led the Giants to the playoffs 6 times in his 16 year career. Of those 6 appearances, they only made it past the first round twice: the super bowl years.

Would I rather have 2 titles than 1? Yes. But something needs to be said about the fact that Rodgers’ Packers were consistent contenders while Eli’s Giants missed the playoffs more often than not.

I tend to agree with picking Eli’s career over Aaron’s because of the rings, but I feel like a lot of you are looking back at Eli’s career with rose-colored glasses. The truth is that he led bad to mediocre teams for most of career. He only led the Giants to the playoffs 6 times in his 16 year career. Of those 6 appearances, they only made it past the first round twice: the super bowl years.

Would I rather have 2 titles than 1? Yes. But something needs to be said about the fact that Rodgers’ Packers were consistent contenders while Eli’s Giants missed the playoffs more often than not.
That could also be argued that Rodgers had better built teams around him to do that though.

Sure, but the fact that Eli played on so many bad teams is what makes this a debate. Otherwise, it’s simply 2 > 1.
Then you could turn around and use that against Rodgers too. He’s had extremely talented teams and underachieved a lot. One of those teams was a one loss team of his that lost to Eli in the NFC Champ game on Eli’s way to SB #2.

those 2 championships carry a whole lot of weight, plus his last name and playing for a historical franchise

But as I said, dude seems legit happy.. all he has to do is make brady or Peyton jokes and he’s got easy money for the rest of his life plus giants fans will always be willing to celebrate him plus all time moments

It’s like if I was asked if I wanted dirk’s career vs KD’s.. KD has more titles but this dude seems miserable meanwhile dirk can pop and everyone loves him plus the weight that man carried during that run and the teams he went through.. meanwhile KD jumped on Steph’s team with 2 other all nba dudes

Fou776kXoAI-Vqn.jpg:large

Do Steelers fan like Ben Roethlisberger?

I don’t see why they wouldn’t. If they liked him after the off the field stuff they still would. I think he may have stayed a season or two too long but he didn’t suck at the end by any means

I hated the Steelers and there was nothing worse than watching them play and thinking his big *** was going to get sacked only for him to break out of it and scramble or throw a dart :smh:

Only $19M for CMac. I think they should be required to pay him for two positional players with what he brings.
FzZQmHNXsAAGZe8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom