OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: Schedule just dropped!!!

20240102_183538.jpg

Who had them even sniffing the playoffs at the start of the season?

They were a sleeper team for a lot of people actually

outside of their game against the niners, i haven't really followed the eagles. but for the better part of this season, they were viewed as the team to beat in the NFC and the shoe-in to be in the SB. what the hell happened?

fractured locker room and fans really done with sirianni?

outside of their game against the niners, i haven't really followed the eagles. but for the better part of this season, they were viewed as the team to beat in the NFC and the shoe-in to be in the SB. what the hell happened?

In short coaching has been abysmal and defense has been pathetic.

According to this thread because the Eagles had a lot of draft picks they were going to run the NFC for the foreseeable future
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

it's surprising because a lot of the talk coming into the season was around how good philly's defense is, especially the front 4
Back end is terrible and you can’t expect Fletcher Cox and Brandon Graham to be good forever. But Jordan Davis has been a bust too.

Think he inconsistency of the offense and fall off with the new OC is a big problem though

Last edited:

don’t trust that writer or that paper, dudes know they’ll get attention with that shh

but team is poorly coached, a talented poorly coached team hence the record

it isn’t hard to look at our offense or defense and figure out simple mechanisms of attack

the 9ers games is a perfect example, once Kyle shifted to doing the obvious things the game was over.. the terrible LBs we have were injured going into the game, so just essentially game plan to attack the middle of the field and the flats and coverage is playing off to attempt to avoid big plays through the air

on offense you can clearly see the success our main 3 have when given the ball over the middle of the field with room to run and we barely attack that area of the field.. on top of have absolutely zero hot routes if a team decides to just blitz the hell out of the eagles

but the most egregious/negligent coaching of the season was continue the volume of the QB runs when hurts knee clearly wasnt write.. and especially where it seemed that was their go to move as soon as they got like 1st and 10 at the 19 or like the 9

I wldnt call Davis a bust but he def fades as the szn goes on. Gotta figure out conditioning.

I wanted Hamilton tho

Back end is terrible and you can’t expect Fletcher Cox and Brandon Graham to be good forever. But Jordan Davis has been a bust too.

Think he inconsistency of the offense and fall off with the new OC is a big problem though

jordan Davis has been good for what he’s being asked to do, eat blocks and free up other guys

the problem is the defensive philosophy kills what those guys are doing very easily between terrible LB play and and easily read coverage reads

if the DC decides to drop our best pass rushers in coversge on 10 snaps for the game, that’s not on Davis that’s on the coaching.. same as josh sweat breaking contain

the attack points of the defense are just too obvious.. and it’s too easy to tell jsut what the eagles will do in given situations with their talent

Depth is hard to come by in this new NFL

Seems like Philly is top heavy and if a starter gets injured the talent gap between the starter and his replacement(s) is huge

According to this thread because the Eagles had a lot of draft picks they were going to run the NFC for the foreseeable future
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

a very poorly coached team has 11 wins

plus hurts was probably injured for 2/3rds of the season

a very poorly coached team has 11 wins

plus hurts was probably injured for 2/3rds of the season
When I pointed out those same areas of concern before the season I was flamed by you and the usual thread sewer rats

Made a couple of posts about Philly losing players and coaches and it would be a challenge to reclaim the magic from last year but what do I know 🤷🏾‍♂️

Depth is hard to come by in this new NFL

Seems like Philly is top heavy and if a starter gets injured the talent gap between the starter and his replacement(s) is huge

nah it’s the coaching, the philosophy on both sides of the ball are broken

you can’t expect to just out talent everyone when what you’re going to do with the talent is predictable

pass rush doesn’t matter if your coverages allow for short yardage gains.. and any specific motions predictably dictate what will happen

these are professionals a lot of people get paid a lot of money to heavily watch this.. and far too many people who dont get a dime from the sport are able to see this stuff

When I pointed out those same areas of concern before the season I was flamed by you and the usual thread sewer rats

Made a couple of posts about Philly losing players and coaches and it would be a challenge to reclaim the magic from last year but what do I know 🤷🏾‍♂️

the defensive system was broken from last year

single coach on offense is what we are missing, which is sad given it’s the head coach’s offense

and again we are all calling an 11 win team disappointing because some of this stuff is obvious

but you can feel free to pull receipts

nah it’s the coaching, the philosophy on both sides of the ball are broken

you can’t expect to just out talent everyone when what you’re going to do with the talent is predictable

pass rush doesn’t matter if your coverages allow for short yardage gains.. and any specific motions predictably dictate what will happen

these are professionals a lot of people get paid a lot of money to heavily watch this.. and far too many people who dont get a dime from the sport are able to see this stuff
So is Howie Rosen a genius or not?
Because last year he was a genius
This year he signed Shaq Leonard called a genius
Didn’t he elevate the QB coach to OC or is that Sirianis call?

the defensive system was broken from last year

single coach on offense is what we are missing, which is sad given it’s the head coach’s offense

and again we are all calling an 11 win team disappointing because some of this stuff is obvious

but you can feel free to pull receipts
No I’m not saying that they’re having a disappointing season

I’ve been saying all along Jalen Hurts isn’t 100%
I never bought into the Georgia player hype because they’re young players

A new OC that to my knowledge has never called plays in the NFL comes with its own set of challenges

So is Howie Rosen a genius or not?
Because last year he was a genius
This year he signed Shaq Leonard called a genius
Didn’t he elevate the QB coach to OC or is that Sirianis call?

from my understanding the head coach dictates what he wants on defense (someone from the fangio tree/style) and was involved in the promotion of the QB coach to OC.. it’s his offense and the OC calls plays on game day

the eagles are currently a talented mess, but talent is there and it’s why we have 11 wins.. going be interesting what decisions get made in the off-season, they have money and head coach if he retains the job will be on a very short leash

No I’m not saying that they’re having a disappointing season

I’ve been saying all along Jalen Hurts isn’t 100%
I never bought into the Georgia player hype because they’re young players

A new OC that to my knowledge has never called plays in the NFL comes with its own set of challenges

the OC called plays in college (at multiple spots), which is where he was prior to the being hired by the eagles

I have no problem with a college OC or DC coming in and call plays (see the ravens).. my problem is, you have an offensive HC and that head coach can’t come up with simple solutions to some obvious situations

the wonderful thing about being a fan now is the amount of information we can get after the game.. so we can see how little they use guys like devonta and AJ over the middle in spite of their success when given room to run

and we all are saying it’s a disappointing season because some of this stuff is obvious.. it’s just amazing to say 11 wins is disappointing as hell

This play is a perfect example

if you blitz the hell out of the eagles the current coaching staff don’t have a game plan for it.. and it’s pretty easy to build that stuff into your offense

the talent of the team almost overcomes the malpractice of the coaches

and then on defense I don’t know how you expect a pass rush to negate this

Back
Top Bottom