OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: Schedule just dropped!!!

So Rich McKay is the Atlanta Jack Easterby? Armada Armada

Essentially yes. Rich was the GM before dimitroff and blank had him go to a different role to focus on the business side of things instead of football side of things. Rich was a key figure in getting the new stadium built and that has forever put him in blanks good graces. Fans for a long time have suspected that rich used the good grace from that to slowly move back into the football side of things since he’s been mentioned around so many football decisions the last few years especially after dimitroff got fired. That was pretty much confirmed by a reporter in Atlanta recently.

IMG_0140.jpeg

IMG_0139.jpeg

Rich in practice is the real GM of the falcons despite that not being his title anymore for a decade now. It was telling that when smith was fired it was blank and rich that did the media pressure not blank and the actual GM Fontenot

Last edited:
The push is funny when Burrow is right there :lol:

His team just can't keep him upright though :smh:
I have no idea why they push the other two so hard in comparison to Burrow.. maybe it's the markets they're in? Burrow is better than both and it's not close.

Honestly thought that he didn't want to go to the same conference as his brother but I guess it is the sexiest job out there rn :lol:

Probably gonna send him a hefty bag as well so it makes sense coming back to the league now after he finally culminated his reclamation project at UM with a chip.

AFCW just got VERY interesting all of a sudden...

They've already got good pieces on defense, they get a couple younger guys in at the skill positions on offense and they could have something...

So the HC moves are shaping up to be

Callahan - Titans
Harbaugh - Chargers
Hoody - Falcons
Ben Johnson - Commies?

That leaves Seattle and Carolina :nerd:

Quinn back in the PNW probably makes the most sense rn and you would figure that Schneider and co still love him from the LOB days but his stock probably took a bit of a hit after that flame out

Carolina might be the only option left for someone like Vrabel and I don't think that'd be a great fit.

If that's what it comes down to then I'd just wait for Ohio State to inevitably disappoint again next season and look to take over for Day next year if I'm him.

rolaholic rolaholic i just remembered another layer to this . Correct me if I’m wrong but bill bellichik has butted heads with the competitions committee a few times right?

Know who’s been the chairman of the nfl competition committed for decades? Rich McKay.

rolaholic rolaholic i just remembered another layer to this . Correct me if I’m wrong but bill bellichik has butted heads with the competitions committee a few times right?

Know who’s been the chairman of the nfl competition committed for decades? Rich McKay.
*weebey gif*

Damn did not put 2 and 2 together :lol: :wow:, definitely adds a new wrinkle to that noise.

Yea he's been sending proposals for changes, really good/logical ones 99% of the time too, for years but they've mostly been shut down outside of maybe a handful.

Would not be surprised if he categorically rejects working under McKay :lol:

Would you be on board if Blank got rid of him to hire Hoody or is it preferable for fans keeping McKay around while not getting someone like him at HC?

i think at worse for him, it would be a year off. which might be good for him

he can't go out like this :lol:

i think at worse for him, it would be a year off. which might be good for him

he can't go out like this :lol:
Yea doesn't really look like too many other fits out there right now.

Depending on how things play out, he could have the Philly, Dallas and the Giants jobs open next season

If Raheem gets a HC gig, I wouldn’t mind taking a flyer on Bill as a DC or LBs coach

*weebey gif*

Damn did not put 2 and 2 together :lol: :wow:, definitely adds a new wrinkle to that noise.

Yea he's been sending proposals for changes, really good/logical ones 99% of the time too, for years but they've mostly been shut down outside of maybe a handful.

Would not be surprised if he categorically rejects working under McKay :lol:

Would you be on board if Blank got rid of him to hire Hoody or is it preferable for fans keeping McKay around while not getting someone like him at HC?

I don’t know any falcons fan that likes McKay he wasn’t a good GM when he was the actual GM on paper so no one feels good about him being the shadow GM. He only has so much power cause of how business savvy he is and being a respected figure in the nfl for so long BUT that don’t do jack **** for falcons football so most would rather see him gone. I would love for blanks security blanket to be gone or at least separate from football stuff but do I NOT want bill as our head coach either so stuck between a rock and a hard place rn.

Back
Top Bottom