OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: Bill WILDIN

Eli vs Rodgers

Overachiever vs Underachiever

How is Eli an overachiever? He was the #1 overall pick with the pedigree and was a blue chip prospect playing in the SEC. He was penciled in, to do what he did.

Rodgers went to a JUCO then Cal… fell in the draft, sat for 3 years. Aaron is not an under achiever. He went above and beyond expectations. He was always my #1 guy though.

Rodgers succeeded and silenced doubters. He damn near made Favre obsolete.

The man had the pressure of taking over after BRETT FAVRE.

I don’t care about what dudes do in their personal lives. Strictly on the football field, Rodgers became that BOY

the question is whether you’d prefer to be a first ballot Hall of Famer or a 2x SB Champ/MVP?

I think i’d take the rings tbh. good debate tho.

Eli gonna be a first ballot HOFer too.

1717540076815.png

Don't underestimate the sway of the Manning name and likeability factor.

How is Eli an overachiever? He was the #1 overall pick with the pedigree and was a blue chip prospect playing in the SEC. He was penciled in, to do what he did.

Rodgers went to a JUCO then Cal… fell in the draft, sat for 3 years. Aaron is not an under achiever. He went above and beyond expectations. He was always my #1 guy though.

Rodgers succeeded and silenced doubters. He damn near made Favre obsolete.

The man had the pressure of taking over after BRETT FAVRE.

I don’t care about what dudes do in their personal lives. Strictly on the football field, Rodgers became that BOY

I’m talking more so playoff performances. Plus, look at the talent Rodgers had around him compared to Eli. Rodgers also played in the pee wee division most of the years he was in Green Bay.

Everything you said about Rodgers is spot on but for as great as he is during the regular season you’d think he would have at least one more Super Bowl APPEARANCE

I’m talking more so playoff performances. Plus, look at the talent Rodgers had around him compared to Eli. Rodgers also played in the pee wee division most of the years he was in Green Bay.

Everything you said about Rodgers is spot on but for as great as he is during the regular season you’d think he would have at least one more Super Bowl APPEARANCE

Eli had Brandon jacobs, Mario Manningham, Hakeem Nicks, Tiki Barber, Amani Toomer, and Jeremy Shockey and a great defense.

This narrative that Eli didn’t have talent around him is a lie.

Eli got bailed out plenty of times. Dude lead the league in INTs during his era.

3 seasons of 20+ INTs and 5 other seasons of 15+. Had Vic Cruz and prime Odell also.

For a RB? That's a number that won't get touched in a long time :lol:

More than double what Henry makes and 9x what Chubb makes
of course, but its still a BS amount. And nobody will come close to his production when you really look at what CM provides. He should make more than double what Henry makes. Thats not debatable.

Basically, I'm saying he[s underpaid when we know the entire position is underpaid. I made a joke because I'd like to see the niners in cap hell. You're looking at this literally.

I'm just having fun.

For the Eli’s talent comment.

Tiki was solid but also towards the end of his run when they were a playoff team and won the year after he retired.

Mario Manningham was a number 3 receiver (who was frustrating as hell to watch) who underachieved for where he was drafted, bounced to San Fran after his 4 years for the Giants and then was out of the league after his 2nd year in San Fran.

Odell saw one playoff appearance as a Giant.

I loved Armani Toomer, Hakeem Nicks, and Victor Cruz.

Toomer though was done after the season after the first Super Bowl.

Nicks was solid but declined pretty quickly. I know he played often through injury, if that had something to do with it who knows, but lasted 6 seasons bounced to Indy for a season, did nothing with Andrew Luck throwing to him, went back to the Giants the next season, had 54 total yards and was out the league the next year.

Cruz might be the biggest case of what if. Played six seasons in the league and blew out his knee in week 6 and was out of the league two years later.

Shockey was my favorite and was probably the one of best TE behind Tony G during that time but blew out his knee the year they won the Super Bowl in week 14 and the Giants let them go because his replacement Kevin Boss played well through the end of the season and that playoff run. He went to played with Brees from there and underperformed numbers wise to the rest of his career from there. He definitely looked like he lost a step.

Brandon Jacob’s was solid, probably shouldn’t have been a lead back at his size/build, left the Giants and did nothing for anyone, came back and didn’t do much, then out the league.

While Eli had some talent there, he didn’t have the talent or the longevity with that talent that Rodgers had. And the talent Eli had, either retired or didn’t do much outside of Manning.

When Eli was solid the most was when he had a solid offensive line. That declined rapidly after the first SB run and has been pieced together ever since. That’s when his turnovers took off.

Ah my bad went over my head :lol:

As a Rams fan though, you already know that 'cap hell' isn't really a big thing/deal for smart teams :lol: :smh:

Speaking literally, I can def understand the rationale with him being the best dual threat back in the game but yea the position as a whole is still in the mud compensation wise as these other positions explode in terms of salary.

I see the who's career would you rather take being discussed.

The only answer is whoever made the most money in their career., Thats who I would take. Rings are overrated.

$342M is better then $252M. That extra ring isnt worth $90M to me.

AROD it is.

Not even an NFC Least fan but that's tough :lol: :pimp:

Zero clue how dude kept his job when he’s a former offensive coordinator

And decided in an offense that has AJ brown, Devonta, swift and goedert and hell even athletic versatility OT.. to not use motion and not even allow your WRs to barely cross the middle of the field the whole damn game

I reference tackles because of what Ben Johnson regularly does with his tackles to simply make teams account for shh

I’d rather have Eli dlines over Rodger’s…

I don’t get how Eli gets all the credit…that dline did all the heavy lifting…

Held historically great offenses to well below their averages…packers, cardinals, patriots, SF…yea. Eli was killing then off the edge…

Just look at the numbers. Manning’s career completion rate (60.3 percent) is below the league average (63 percent) over the course of his career, ranking 46th among 73 passers with at least 1,000 attempts since 2004. His average yards per pass (7.0) are also below average, ranking 39th in that span. Same for his touchdown-to-interception ratio (1.5, 37th).

Those are also key ingredients in a player’s passer rating. And Manning’s 84.1 rating is below the league average of 89.2 during his career; he ranks 42nd among passers with at least 1,000 attempts, behind quarterbacks such as Jay Cutler, Sam Bradford and Trent Green. Even Manning’s regular season won-loss record, a team stat that is an admittedly terrible barometer of individual performance, is a decidedly average 116-116.

not to mention he’s NEVER been top 5 in any year. Ever.

Never made an all pro..

He’s never led the league in any major statistical category except interceptions MULTIPLE TIMES…

Dude is mid…he’s literally average and lucked into Steve spangola…

Compare him to any of his contemporaries and he’s mid..

Last edited:
I’d rather have Eli dlines over Rodger’s…

I don’t get how Eli gets all the credit…that dline did all the heavy lifting…

Held historically great offenses to well below their averages…packers, cardinals, patriots, SF…yea. Eli was killing then off the edge…
The 2nd SB they had the 27th ranked defense in the league.

Rivers and rothleisberger are much better quarterbacks…

I’m not taking up for Roger’s but let’s be for real.. they’re not in the same stratosphere him and Eli. They might of well have played two different games.

Back
Top Bottom