OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: Schedule just dropped!!!

All those dudes were like 6’5”+ 260+ and running 4.6 40s. That definitely is elite athleticism.

By the time their speed dwindled later in their careers, dudes had the technique, knowledge and intricacies of the position down pat, that’s why it looked easy.

Those dudes had size advantage over all DBs and most LBs, it’s hard as hell trying to defend someone who’s that big and can run

TE ain’t even a position predicated on elite athleticism.

Witten, Gates,Gronk Gonzalez etc we’re out here putting up numbers with cinder blocks tied to their feet.

Are you saying all the guys you listed didn’t have elite athleticism? I’d argue all of those guys are the peak when it comes to athleticism. It’s about more than 40 times

Are you saying all the guys you listed didn’t have elite athleticism? I’d argue all of those guys are the peak when it comes to athleticism. It’s about more than 40 times

All those dudes were like 6’5”+ 260+ and running 4.6 40s. That definitely is elite athleticism.

By the time their speed dwindled later in their careers, dudes had the technique, knowledge and intricacies of the position down pat, that’s why it looked easy.

Those dudes had size advantage over all DBs and most LBs, it’s hard as hell trying to defend someone who’s that big and can run

I am not at all saying that.

The conversation began with Kelce still putting up crazy numbers in older age.

I made my statement as a reference point to Kelce possibly being able to cook for another 2-3 years.

The dudes I mentioned were obviously athletic freaks at 25, and even comparatively at 35. But my point stands that we watched all those dudes route up defenders way younger and more athletic while running 4.9.

Larry Fitz did the same thing.

I should’ve been clearer.

Last edited:
I just want to point out 1 reason you play prevent defense to end a half...to avoid what happened to SF on that Addison TD to end the 1st half. Granted, it was a bit lucky and on the other extreme as being cover 0, but even just giving up 3 there may have made the difference. That 6 was a back breaker.

1698158288171.png

Aaron Hernandez would be one of the top TEs in history had his life not went the way it did.

Dude was freakishly athletic

Not many freak athletes TEs go that long and/or struggle with injuries. He also was sharing the workload with another Goat in Gronk. Not saying you're wrong, but for TE, it's more the lumbering tough guys with route running finesse that stake the claim.

Pitts would be an interesting case study if he wasn't in Atlanta.

the NHL is doing some crazy **** tonight with staggered starts and a "redzone" type of show...but the NFL could stagger kickoffs like this a bit on the Sunday day games. would be cool to see:

1698161484813.png

me and 651akathepaul 651akathepaul been talking about this for years now

was based off of college football and the random start times.. but there are some obvious stuff the league should be doing that they just dont

meanwhile they continuing to listen to jerruh because of what jimmy accomplished in the 90s

I’m not reading too much into Magic’s ChatGPT tweets. Things have to go horribly, horribly wrong for a midseason firing. Now if the Eagles drop 50 on us at home then Harris might have to say/do something. But I’m of the opinion he rides it out with Ron.

Back
Top Bottom