OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: Schedule just dropped!!!

Taylor’s agent had to be involved in Taylor saying that going to camp. Went right into the Colts Corporate hands.

Yup. Taylor has to fire his agent for that one. If you’re going to start requesting trades, threatening to sit out, etc then you have to be ON POINT with how you move especially in the NFL where the contracts and CBA are a bit more tricky than the NBA, for example.

Having said that, Jim Irsay and the Colts are going a little hard with this one. I guess one could say “this will hurt them with other FAs!” But I am not really sure they were a destination to begin with and if in the future they have the money that other teams don’t then players will still come in the NFL IMO.

Yup. Taylor has to fire his agent for that one. If you’re going to start requesting trades, threatening to sit out, etc then you have to be ON POINT with how you move especially in the NFL where the contracts and CBA are a bit more tricky than the NBA, for example.

Having said that, Jim Irsay and the Colts are going a little hard with this one. I guess one could say “this will hurt them with other FAs!” But I am not really sure they were a destination to begin with and if in the future they have the money that other teams don’t then players will still come in the NFL IMO.

Thing about it is teams have made it very clear what the rb market is…. Is there any team out there that will trade assets for him and then *gasp* extend him at a number he’s looking for? Sorry Jonathan

You can fire all the agents you want… won’t change reality

Thing about it is teams have made it very clear what the rb market is…. Is there any team out there that will trade assets for him and then *gasp* extend him at a number he’s looking for? Sorry Jonathan

You know what kind of money he’s asking for? He’s 24 years old and a top 5 RB in the game. Hasn’t made a lot of money in his young career and deserves to get paid.

NFL and owners been catching heat all week for how they’re treating their RBs and then Irsay pours gas all over the situation.

To be clear, I am in agreement with your post - I made my comment specifically about the strategy of coming into camp and making the back injury comment combined with the trade request in this current market after Irsay had publicly spoken on the situation and against paying RBs recently.

The market is what is and Irsay poursed gassed on the situation but Taylor really worked himself into a shoot if he gets screwed over because of things he said that his agent likely advised him to say.

And that’s the real, actual guy on X.

So glad we have X to turn us on to these subtweets.

At this point if you’re a RB, kick the can down the road of what you want.

Jim Irsay said the Colts treat their players the best.

Fans think RBs are replaceable and shouldn’t get paid their value.

Weird week so far.

those same fans cheering goddell getting a supermax…smh… the game done changed man,..fans used go be pro labor…i always will be …

IMO I think Jonathan Taylor does have SOME leverage, in the fact that the Colts have a rookie QB in Anthony Richardson, where an elite run game will only maximize his potential early on.

Not having Taylor could hinder AR’s growth and with a month and a half left to the start of this regular season, you’re working on borrowed time.

One thing we know is that the Colts can’t risk fumbling another generational quarterbacks future, by not surrounding him with the right pieces to succeed.

Also, if your name in free agency like Dalvin Cook or Ezekiel Elliott, if you see a young star like Taylor not getting paid, would you cross picket lines & sign there? Signing only further hurts the case for other RBs getting paid.

dam right taylor got leverage…one season removed from a scoring title and still young enough to not be on the other side of that dreaded 29+ rb age at the end of his next deal…

We here and we byke !

1690813876768.png

**** man this really sucks, about Tim hope he's okay, just got back out there...

Can't catch a break

Reactions: sb
Back
Top Bottom