OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: Vol: Draft Night!!!

I don’t have any problem with teams signing backup QBs, it’s the most important position on the field.

But what exactly has that dude EVER shown to make anyone think he’s a serviceable backup? You could’ve put literally any QB in his position on the 49ers and gotten the same result. He was surrounded by elite talent and didn’t have to do a damn thing and now he’s getting signed to a team with an aging QB and way less talent? Yeah I wouldn’t want my team resting on his shoulders should the starter get hurt

Dawg...it's a backup QB. His resume is certainly better than 95% of backups.

What has Josh Johnson done in the League to find himself in an NFLCG in 2022? There's a reason he keeps finding his way onto a roster - hes experienced, savvy with NFL systems, good QB room guy. When half the league is paying their starter at a market rate, you can't always luck into this imaginary backup that fills these boxes that everyone wants. Options are 1) talent, but unproven, 2) washed, but experienced 3) complete unknown UDFA rookie or late rounder. There's only so many of each to go around.

1710887431115.png

We should go back and look at posts back when Chad Henne started in Miami...guaranteed its trash this trash that, blow it up, no business in the NFL, should be bagging groceries (i get some of it is in jest, but it turns into a general sentiment)..years go by without seeing the field, but comes in and wins the game for KC in the playoffs by holding the ship steady. That's all these teams ask for - but not one of you was gonna be clamoring about Henne as an ideal backup prior to that moment. That's what we call perception vs. Reality.

Personalities and relationships matter when certain guys stick to rosters forever. Irregardless of talent some guys will get more chances than not off that. I mean that's pretty much fact in any line of business

And when you're on the wrong side of that you are done (whether its justified or isnt). But don't want it to seem like that's some small footnote when it becomes to roster spots imo

But this topic has been rehashed a million times over the years so that's all I really had to add

I thought Chase Young was gonna be special. He's the perfect example of look like Tarzan play like Jane. Hopefully he can bounce back.

Reminds me of Clowney and not in a good way :lol: :smh:

Might not be the gamewrecker he was expected to be but hopefully he can get back on track like Clowney though before it's too late

D lineman that got all the hype n pedigree in college but don’t consistently dominate, usually don’t flip the switch when they hit the league …It’ll still be just a couple highlight plays and a solid season every once in a while

The rumors is that they would trade with NE. Arizona and The Chargers both NEED WR's. Be crazy to pass on MHJr.
It’s a WR heavy draft though. They’d still have an opportunity to grab a WR. Chargers have many other needs as well though. They could easily go Oline.

TBH, the Pats can't afford to not get either Caleb, Drake or Jayden. The gap between the 2nd wave of QBs and even the top QB prospects next year isn't worth it.

Isn't there a Bo Nix billboard in NYC? :nerd:

If the Giants took Bo, it would be 2nd or 3rd round and total desperation. Had a pro day and no GMs or big boys showed up. I think the Bears sent scouts.

Arizona and the Chargers ain't picking QB's so one of them will be there at 6.

NE is going QB. That leaves spot 4 or 5. Minny is gonna trade with one of them and land Maye or JJ.

I think NE takes JJ over Maye.

Whoever the Pats draft will be like Justin Fields in a few years. no damn offense around them and by the time they build it out, it’ll be too late
IMG_0730.gif

JJ or Maye? who would yall rather have?

I swear to God if you f***s take another Michigan kid and strike it rich, I'll burn the state of Michigan to the ground. :lol:

I'd lean Maye. It's not IMPOSSIBLE JJ has something, but it's also quite possible he's right handed Tebow.

I swear to God if you f***s take another Michigan kid and strike it rich, I'll burn the state of Michigan to the ground. :lol:

I'd lean Maye. It's not IMPOSSIBLE JJ has something, but it's also quite possible he's right handed Tebow.
Alex Smith & Baker Mayfield being his comps actually intrigue me

Back
Top Bottom