OFFICIAL NFL Playoff THREAD 2023- 2024 Vol: Win or Go Home.

I think he's in the same league as a player. Not specifically as a TE though. A lot more to the position than catching balls.
This is what it comes down to for me, call him the best receiving/pass catching TE ever and I won't disagree.

Best TE ever though encomposses everything that the position has been and entailed since it's inception and that's never been just a receiver, that's what WR's are for :lol:. I'll never agree that he's the best at everything that a TE is asked to be.

These discussions are going to be interesting in the future though to see where people gloss over context or don't.

If stats are gonna be the end all be all, then every elite WR,TE and QB active from now and moving forward will be in discussions as the best ever because their stats are gonna be ridiculous in this era of pass dominant offenses and an extra game.

424576160_809384864537907_3391649229148443235_n.jpg

In a league where runningbacks have been devalued, and the running game being completely unappreciated…..

Now we’re talking about the importance of Gronk’s blocking ability? I can’t with you all. The standards continuously change :lol: :lol:

Kelce definitely is a decent blocker. He might not be shoving guys into the bench and camera rigs like Gronk but c’mon.

The chiefs don’t even run at the clip of those Patriots or Bucs team. Andy Reid has always been a 65% pass and 35% run type of coach.

Why would Kelce be wasted, being lined up next to a tackle in a 3 point stance for the majority of a game?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: HIM
In a league where runningbacks have been devalued, and the running game being completely unappreciated…..

Now we’re talking about the importance of Gronk’s blocking ability? I can’t with you all. The standards continuously change :lol: :lol:

Kinda creating a strawman here. I didn't say **** about RBs.

This is about TEs

Kinda creating a strawman here. I didn't say **** about RBs.

This is about TEs

Who do those TEs block for…? Running backs, right? In a league that nobody even really runs the ball anymore :lol: :lol: :lol:

Modern day NFL is all passing. Dudes have less opportunities to even run block in most formations.

Even if we want to talk downfield blocking in the pass game or Mahomes scrambling, Kelce can be seen holding his own when it comes to blocking. He doesn’t loaf around. The guy definitely blocks

Even if we want to talk downfield blocking in the pass game or Mahomes scrambling, Kelce can be seen hold this own when it comes to blocking. He doesn’t loaf around. The guy definitely blocks

Yeah I don't think anyone said he doesn't block lol

When the broncos went to the SB against the Panthers my daughter was really young. I have joint custody it happened to be my weekend. Her mom thought it would be funny to send her over in a broncos jersey (I'm a raiders fan). Before we got in the house I stopped at the door way had took off her jersey(she obviously had an undershirt on) and said you know no broncos gear in here. There were quite a few people got some chuckles from the fellas she may have been embarrassed but she was like 3 I didn't notice. Didn't think anything of it she went and played with the kids. Following Wednesday I get a call I guess her mom asked how her weekend went and she mentioned the jersey thing started a whole two week fight over what I thought was a simple joke. Bad news my daughter hates football now and won't watch it good news I saved the world from another bronco fan.
Good for you. I’d rather my kids hate football then for them to ever root for archrivals.

Back
Top Bottom