OFFICIAL NFL THREAD 2024-25: Week II Vol: “That’s my Michelle”

@651akathepaul

Screenshot_20240910_202402_Chrome.jpg

That Shanny DNA is strong :lol:

very, very, very interesting

At what point do the browns just cut their loses you’re on the hook no matter what

Isn’t his cap hit for next year ~$120 million if they cut him this year?

Edit, I found the info;

If the Browns cut Watson today, they would have a dead-cap hit of $119.9 million (including $93.2 million cash), plus a 2025 dead-cap hit of $80.7 million. This would be the largest dead-cap hit in NFL history.

Last edited:
Isn’t his cap hit for next year ~$120 million if they cut him this year?

Edit, I found the info;

If the Browns cut Watson today, they would have a dead-cap hit of $119.9 million (including $93.2 million cash), plus a 2025 dead-cap hit of $80.7 million. This would be the largest dead-cap hit in NFL history.
Browns would essentially forfeit like 40% of the cap for the next 3 years if he’s released. Not happening…

Only hope is to find cause to void the contract. That’s why this new lawsuit is being focused on. If Watson didn’t disclose it or any potential lawsuits AND it leads to a NFL suspension then the Browns can get out. But I’m certain Watson’s lawyers and agent made him recount every single woman he’s even glanced at and told the Browns about them. Too much money on the line to fumble that way but you never know…

Jerry Jones was inducted in August 2017. The Dallas Cowboys owner threw himself a glitzy party in Canton, headlined by Justin Timberlake. Back in Foxborough, Kraft and his supporters reacted to Jones' induction with anger and confusion. They seethed that Hall voters didn't seem to appreciate Kraft's work to grow the league through media and labor deals, and the Patriots' unparalleled dynasty.

Kraft saw the selection of his archrival as an insult, a verdict that Jones is more responsible for the NFL's astonishing success.

"He hasn't been to the NFC title game in two decades and he gets in?" Kraft told a confidant. "How does that work?"

Back
Top Bottom