OFFICIAL NFL THREAD 2024-25: Week UNO!!!!!

Screenshot_20240909_083556_Chrome.jpg

Every single pregame show was the same

I think there is a direct correlation between the lack of TD passes in week 1 and the league moving to 3 preseason games and 17 regular season games. Teams aren't playing their starters at all in the preseason and they're coming into the season unprepared.

That's the game you wanna pick for this though?

They didn't exactly win because of Fields either :lol:

If he's healthy, would bet that Russ is back under center next week

Could've got the same amount of passing yards from a 25 year old and 2 less interceptions while saving 160 mill?

I don't know why y'all support this bum Kirk Cousins so much.

1725887562807.png

1725887585950.png

Could've got the same amount of passing yards from a 25 year old and 2 less interceptions while saving 160 mill?

1725887562807.png

1725887585950.png
He didn't lose them the game but that's about all you can say about that performance :lol:

If he lit them up then sure bring up all the receipts but they literally put up 6 FG's, zero TD's and still won.

He didn't lose them the game but that's about all you can say about that performance :lol:

If he lit them up then sure bring up all the receipts but they literally put up 6 FG's, zero TD's and still won.

Did Fields lose them the game though? That's more than I can say for Kirk.

Which QB played better? Like what are we doing right now :rofl:

I think there is a direct correlation between the lack of TD passes in week 1 and the league moving to 3 preseason games and 17 regular season games. Teams aren't playing their starters at all in the preseason and they're coming into the season unprepared.

They kind of mentioned this on the Sunday Night game heading into OT. Rams defense looked absolutely spent trying to stop Montgomery. A lot of offenses looked rusty coming out the gate.

Did Fields lose them the game though? That's more than I can say for Kirk.

Which QB played better? Like what are we doing right now :rofl:
You're trying to take a victory lap because he won the game, playing for a playoff team last season against a team that was 3 games under .500, even without looking impressive at all though.

Just saying there's gonna be better opportunities for the receipt pulling if he's really that much better than Kirk, ones where he actually scores :lol:

Nothing about that Steelers performance offensively earned chest puffing. Their defense though for sure but we knew that

This is what I was thinking too yesterday, lack of yards and TD's in comparison to what's become the norm feels related to them effectively rendering the preseason even more meaningless.

Don't think we'll have a decent feel of who's legit and who isn't until at least a quarter of the season through. Expecting drastic ebbs and flows these first 4/5 weeks.

You're trying to take a victory lap because he won the game, playing for a playoff team last season against a team that was 3 games under .500, even without looking impressive at all though.

Just saying there's gonna be better opportunities for the receipt pulling if he's really that much better than Kirk, ones where he actually scores :lol:

Nothing about that Steelers performance offensively earned chest puffing. Their defense though for sure but we knew that

This is less about Fields looking impressive than it was about Kirk looking bad. My whole point from the jump was that if we wanted a mediocre QB we could've went younger and saved a ton of money in the process.

Kirk is a TO machine, and doesn't win anything of significance to justify his pay outside of empty regular season stats. On top it he's old coming off a major injury.

We have the Eagles next then the Chiefs. We're probably starting 0-3. Could've got those same results with Fields and saved the cap space. At least imma be able to buy those Thurs night tickets against Tampa for cheap.

Baker alone was 12% of TDs

Yea offenses were atrocious week 1. Offensive penalties bonanza.

Half the qbs threw under 200 yards

My other week one over reaction.

I’ve given Pitts and London bail saying they weren’t getting targets cause of how bad the QBs where and Arthur smith not using them. It’s new coaching staff and a new QB and ray ray McCloud got more targets than them. Yea Pitts got the TD but that was on broken coverage by the Steelers more than him getting himself open. If penix plays this year and them dudes still aren’t getting targeted questions need to be asked about them.

My other week one over reaction.

I’ve given Pitts and London bail saying they weren’t getting targets cause of how bad the QBs where and Arthur smith not using them. It’s new coaching staff and a new QB and ray ray McCloud got more targets than them. Yea Pitts got the TD but that was on broken coverage by the Steelers more than him getting himself open. If penix plays this year and them dudes still aren’t getting targeted questions need to be asked about them.

Before we get on them I think the QB is still bad.

Before we get on them I think the QB is still bad.
If Kirk keeps lookin like he did yesterday and can’t even put in a decent performance then yea I’m with you on that. I’ll still give them a pass till penix plays and see how he looks. If he looks good but them dudes still aren’t getting targeted that’s on them now that means they can’t get open like that no matter who the qb is. And if that’s the case at least we can try to go find a true #1 WR and make London the number 2…but Pitts if he actually just isn’t good at getting open and he’s a bad at the other important thing TEs are supposed to do being blocking which I’ve seen enough to say he’s straight up bad at that to this point that’s a big problem.

Contract aside, is Deshaun the worst starting QB in the league that’s not a rookie? I think so

Daniel Jones has thrown more TDs to the defense than his own players in the last two seasons and Daboll politely threw him under the bus by saying there were mad plays called down field. He’s also still starting because he looks like a Republican senator which John Mara has wet dreams about.

Back
Top Bottom