Official NHL 2008 Stanley Cup Finals Thread...Pens vs. Wings

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Originally Posted by cquan05

Anyways, aside from all this playoff talk........Leafs interim GM Cliff Fletcher has pitched an offer to Ron Wilson to coach the Leafs, and Wilson is here in Toronto today. I hope this goes through
pimp.gif

I thought you WEREN'T a Leafs fan... i'm confused...
laugh.gif

Deep down in my heart I want them to do well and win a Cup......but I've gotten so frustrated with them over the years that I've just givenup
laugh.gif

This is about the only time I ever watch hockey (During the playoffs), but man... It makes me wonder why I don't watch it more often.

The fact that every second is intense, and anything could happen at any given time just adds to the suspense.

Then factor in that it's a do-or-die game, Stanley Cup Final, and all the rest. This is sports at its best.

I'm pulling for the Pens all the way. As a resident of St. Louis, I can assure you I will never, ever root for the Red Wings...
laugh.gif
smh.gif

FINALLY Malkin shows up
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
.......Pens just needed that first goal, get some momentum and confidence it's a brand new game. Now they need to kill this penalty offthough
smh.gif

Usually after an amazing performance a goalie will either stay hot or stink it up......Fleury just hasn't played well whatsoever
smh.gif

I literally just screamed "Oh My God" three times. I cannot believe that !%@$. Talk about by the skin of your teeth. I actually feel bad for thePens. Hossa's last second try wouldn't have counted anyways, but holy cow, that was a fantastic game and a great finish

Man it sucks they couldnt have won it at home. I don't like that the fans are booing, their team got beat show some respect.

Originally Posted by zs05wc

Man it sucks they couldnt have won it at home. I don't like that the fans are booing, their team got beat show some respect.
Most of them aren't booing. It could be a lot worst. If they didn't win tonight I doubt they would have won the series. BTW, Osgood should havewon the Conn Smythe, not that Hank didn't deserve it, but Osgood IMO was the real MVP

First thing, congrats to the Penguins on a great season. Honestly, things can only go up from here. With a young core, and a great season to work off of, Iexpect the Pens to be back in no time. Fleury played an amazing series, and the team just seemed to get better as the finals went on.

Second, Juri Hudler should not be given a Stanley Cup ring. Dude is the reason why Pittsburgh had the advantage for two MAJOR goals in the past two games.

Third,
pimp.gif
. Congrats to the die hard fans (Im not a die hard, but I do cheer for them), the players, and the city itself.

Congrats Detroit
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

Most of them aren't booing. It could be a lot worst. If they didn't win tonight I doubt they would have won the series. BTW, Osgood should have won the Conn Smythe, not that Hank didn't deserve it, but Osgood IMO was the real MVP
I agree.
Dude is going to see that cash in the offseason, and hopefully Flopper Hasek retires, along with Chelios.

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

Most of them aren't booing. It could be a lot worst. If they didn't win tonight I doubt they would have won the series. BTW, Osgood should have won the Conn Smythe, not that Hank didn't deserve it, but Osgood IMO was the real MVP
I agree.
Dude is going to see that cash in the offseason, and hopefully Flopper Hasek retires, along with Chelios.
Yeah he already signed a contract earlier this year I believe.

Back
Top Bottom