Official NHL Thread: Vol. I Know Some NTers Care

I would love to see another Red Wings vs. Devils Finals match up, just like the mid 90's
pimp.gif

Devils pulled it out in OT. Great win today, sole possession of 1st place in the East. My boy Mike Green played 26 minutes today, led all Caps. Hopefully thePanthers can beat the Rangers tonight. Rejoice hockey fans, this thread is still kickin.

Sabres are 10-3-2 there last 15 but still hanging on by a thread for the playoffs.

We need to keep stringing wins together to make a playoff push.

I defintely booed Drury on Friday night
pimp.gif
...but I still miss him

Trdae deadline tomorrow and I really hope the Wings can get some help. They need to get healthy first and foremost because our Top 4 defensemen are out as ofnow and we have 3 rookies playing 20 mins back there. Lebda and Lilja need to get shipped out ASAP and be replaced with somebody worth a damn. We arestruggling for sure. Hopefully everybody can get healthy before the playoffs and we can ink some tougher guys.

I thought my beloved Blues were going to make a playoff push this year, but 1 point on a 3 game Western trip is going to put them back big time.
Oh how I miss the old days....

1896-1.jpg

I dont understand why the Leafs would want to trade a guy who is as valuable and overall a great guy. Sundin has done alot for that franchise and the city oftoronto. He is still a 30 goal scorer, he's still the leader of that team, I dont see a reason to trade him. But alas that is just my opinion. i would loveto see the Devils bring in a scorer. Not just a rental player for a few months but someone they could lock up long term who isn't a locker room cancer andcan put the puck in the net night in a night out.

[h1]Forsberg reunites with Avs for rest of season[/h1]
ESPN.com news services

Updated: February 25, 2008, 4:52 PM ET

DENVER -- Peter Forsberg is returning to the Avalanche.

0333.jpg

Forsberg

Colorado reached an agreement Monday with Forsberg on a contract through the 2007-08 season.

"We're proud to announce to our fans that Peter Forsberg has decided to come back and play with our franchise where he's enjoyed so much success early in his career," Avalanche general manager Francois Giguere said in a statement. "His addition should complement our roster and will bring our team to an even higher competitive level."

The Flyers, Senators, Canucks, Blackhawks and Wild were other teams interested in signing Forsberg.

Forsberg, 34, had until the Feb. 26 trade deadline to sign and be eligible for the playoffs.

"Over the last several months, I have worked extremely hard in order for this to be possible. I am looking forward to putting this jersey on again," Forsberg said in a statement. "I have so many great memories of my playing days in Denver. I'm excited about helping my new teammates and former teammates in the coming weeks, and hopefully I am able to do that in the very near future."

During his nine seasons in Colorado, he won two Stanley Cups (1996, 2001) and won the Hart Trophy as NHL MVP in 2003 when he led the league in scoring with 106 points.

The Avs had a 119-14-19-6 regular-season record in games that Forsberg scored at least one goal.

The seven-time All-Star also helped lead Sweden to Olympic gold medals in Lillehammer in 1994 and Turin in 2006.

Injuries have plagued him in recent years, and he hasn't played more than 60 games in a season since suiting up for 75 games in 2002-03 with the Avalanche.

He is fourth on Colorado's all-time scoring list with 741 points in 580 career games.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Peter Forsberg going back to Colorado
eek.gif

I heard Detroit was looking to get Sergei Federov from Columbus, it would be like 1996 all over again
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

I dont understand why the Leafs would want to trade a guy who is as valuable and overall a great guy. Sundin has done alot for that franchise and the city of toronto. He is still a 30 goal scorer, he's still the leader of that team, I dont see a reason to trade him. But alas that is just my opinion. i would love to see the Devils bring in a scorer. Not just a rental player for a few months but someone they could lock up long term who isn't a locker room cancer and can put the puck in the net night in a night out.

-They've missed the playoffs 3 straight years(including this year)
-They barely have any young talented players

-Sundin is an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season

-The team has 0 cap room and hardly any assets (besides Sundin, Kaberle etc.)

-The team is trying to rebuild.

I love Sundin, I think he's the greatest player in Leafs history and he's a very classy guy, but I think it's time for him to move on and try andseriously win a Stanley Cup elsewhere. We could've got 1-2 high draft picks or a couple of top prospects for him. Now we end up with nothing and he'sprobably leaving at the end of the season

I dont even think Forsberg can help the Av's. He couldn't make a difference in Nashville, and like a week ago he was saying he wouldn't be healthyenough to come back.

They gave up a lot though two or their top forwards their 1st round pick from the past draft and this years first round pick. One of the better two way playersin the league. Come on Devils hold on for 21 more games to that top spot...or fall to 6 and play Carolina...

Back
Top Bottom