Official NHL Thread: Vol. I Know Some NTers Care

The Devils solved the question I've been asking all year, what happens when Janssen comes back. They trade him. Im not upset nor am I happy with the trade.It is what it is. He wouldn't fit this year anyway. Don't know much about the guy they got in return. Im sure we'll see some other trades thatdidnt get announced yet later on.

Hossa + Malkin + Crosby = DISGUSTING

Hossa will be a rental, because they still have to pony up the money for an extension for Malkin....I just don't see how they can afford all 3players...only two of the three will be around (Crosby for the long run...and who knows between Malkin/Hossa)....the Pens are SERIOUS about making a run @ thecup this season.....If Hossa bounces (which I expect), Pittsburgh gave up a lot to get a guy for the last couple of months of the season.

I'm liking Huet/Cooke to the Caps...Huet gives us a TRUE #1, and Cooke is the agitator that the team desprately needs. Hopefully, something can be done toaddress our issues on Defense...don't know why Eminger is still on the roster, and also why we have 3 goalies....McPhee is prolly working on somethingright now....

Fedorov is nothing but a replacement for Nylander...we haven't had a good #2 center since he went down with an injury....anything to bolster our PP...Iknow Fedorov is old, but I'm hoping he can rekindle some sort of passion while playing with AO, Kozlov, and Semin....this is another rental who I totallyexpect to be elsewhere (Detroit) next season.

I don't follow hockey religiously, so I need some opinions...

Is Brad Richards a 'push you over the top' acquisition?

The Devils solved the question I've been asking all year, what happens when Janssen comes back. They trade him. Im not upset nor am I happy with the trade. It is what it is. He wouldn't fit this year anyway. Don't know much about the guy they got in return. Im sure we'll see some other trades that didnt get announced yet later on.
He was playing behind Brewer and Jackman but still led the team plus 12. Blocks a lot of shots and kills a lot of penalties. Almost equivalentto Colin White. You figure Asham gives you the same juice as Janssen with some more goals.
Penguins will now compete for the Cup.

They've got a great Big Three.

Let's see how Conklin holds up in the playoffs. He's never played more than half a season and he's already up to about 28 this year.

Is Brad Richards a 'push you over the top' acquisition?
He will definitely make the Stars better, but I still don't think they can beat Anaheim or Detroit in the playoffs.

Best pickup at the deadline has to be Hossa. I don't care what the Pens gave up. You're pairing Crosby with an awesome goal scorer. I think they arenow the favorites in the East along with New Jersey.

Did some research on Salvador. Sounds exactly like a Colin White. They needed someone who is defense first and has the ability to kill penalties. Clarksonfilled the role of Janssen, thats why he's gone. Clarkson can put the puck in the net and kill penalties. Janssen was good for fighting, a big hit, andgenerally energizing the team. Sad to see him go but it is without a doubt the best thing for the team. I think the Penguins getting Hossa is the only thingthat can worry me as a Devils fan. They already play very well against the Devils and now they get Hossa who is pretty good. Unfortunately for the Pen's, Idont think Conklin can get them to the Cup. He started out hot, but if you look at his numbers, they are mediocre.

Best pickup at the deadline has to be Hossa. I don't care what the Pens gave up. You're pairing Crosby with an awesome goal scorer. I think they are now the favorites in the East along with New Jersey.

Don't forget Ottawa, as long as they have that line of Heatley, Alfredsson and Spezza they have a chance. They picked up Lapointe who would give them somekind of toughness and a goal here and there.

I think the Penguins getting Hossa is the only thing that can worry me as a Devils fan. They already play very well against the Devils and now they get Hossa who is pretty good.
As long as I don't see Lecavalier in the playoffs or that red and white of Carolina I'll be fine lol.

Lidstrom, Kronwall, Rafalski, Stuart, Chelios and Cleary cannot enter the lineup soon enough. Finally got to see Jonathan Ericcson's shot last night and itwent in. Meech is starting to get it. Then there are Lilja and Lebda still playing awful. These guys really need to be brought to an island with Samuelson andleft there to never play hockey again. Sammy would be fine if he shot the puck but he never wants to even if he is near the crease. At least we got a pointlast night and Filppula got on a streak. HEALTH is all the Wings need and we got a physical D in Stuart. I think we will get passed by Dallas but I could careless. I just want to avoid ANA and SJ until the Conf Finals. I would love to see them meet in the 4/5 or 3/6 pairing.

The Senators just fired their coach. They have been blown out in two straight and have lost a gigantic lead in the East. Injuries hit Heatley and Alfredssonand Emery is apparently a distraction. It is what it is, those things led to the Devils being in first with the Penguins a close second.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Yes! What a deal for the Penguins, let's get CUP CRAZY in Pittsburgh!!!
how CrAzY are you guys going to be in the summer when Hossa can't be signed and he goes somewhere else???

laugh.gif

Can't wait for tomorrow im going to the Ranger vs. Hurricane game....
pimp.gif

Rangers need a W ....last two years i went when they came here they lost
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Yes! What a deal for the Penguins, let's get CUP CRAZY in Pittsburgh!!!
how CrAzY are you guys going to be in the summer when Hossa can't be signed and he goes somewhere else???

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
but i think everyone knows, including pitt fans, that hossa was brought in to get the cup THIS year. im sure theyd careless about him if they wonit all.

maybe my bruins will sign him in the offseason
laugh.gif

I really dont think they (Penguins) will win the cup anyway. You look at that team and it is solid, but their weakness would be two things that winchampionships, goaltending and defense. Conklin has to little experience, Fleury if he even gets his starting job back didnt look all that good before he gothurt, the defense aside from Gonchar is nothing to worry about. Yeah they got Hal Gill. Thats good, but who cares? NJ has the edge in the east.

Devils did exactly what they needed to do, lou is a GENIUS when it comes to making small deals like this. However, now we have 9 defense men. Who will sit,Greene, Oduya, Vishnevski, Rachunek, Brookbank, Salvador. We know, Martin, White and Mottau are definetely playing. I think they should put Vishnevski,Salvador and Brookbank in the lineup and sit Oduya and Rachunek.

However we still needed help on the PP, hopefully Gionta or Elias can step up.

^ Showed how much faith Lou has in the team to not make any major moves. I swore when I heard an NHL coach got fired with 16 games left, I thought Sutter wasgone lol. I have faith in Gionta and Elias picking it up as we go down the stretch. I pray for another parking lot parade.

Brad Richards showing that he is worth it...
however Chicago didn't really play up to their potential tonight, and they are no match to Dallas anyways

5 assists for Richards tonight

Tampa Bay got ripped on that deal, too bad their ownership only wanted to get his salary off the books, and getting better players back was not exactly apriority except for the coach wanting to get a proven NHL goaltender

on another note:

look how fast Ottawa is falling, even though their GM stepped back down to take over the coaching job, it still doesn't seem to be enough

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

by the way, where the hell is CQuan?????

Right here
laugh.gif
smh.gif
.........My cquan05 SN got banned.......Just on my way out, I'll check back in later to comment on the trades etc.....this thread kinda fell off!!!

Hossa really paid off. He's out at a week with a sprained MCL. Im sure he will in the long run, but this kinda made me laugh last night. As far as theDevils defensemen they should have White-Mottau, Martin-Salvador, and Oduya-Vishnevski. That is what I think would work. Im not a fan of Greene, and while Ilike Brookbank, I don't see how he fits right now. Im going to the game tonight though so we'll see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom