Official NHL Thread: Vol. I Know Some NTers Care

I watched the game vs Boston that was on Versus and I thought it was cool how they were marketing that exact group you said on Segways riding around the city.Green is going to be a premiere defensemen imo for years to come. I'd love to have him on the devils lol

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Rangers gave the Islanders too many chances in the shootout.
yea....Renney's choices for the shootout were
sick.gif
....What washe thinking about when he put Roszival out there? He couldve put Callahan, Drury, or even Freddy Sjostrom.
smh.gif

Devils finally put the puck in the net. It was good to see, sometimes one game can jumpstart you and hopefully that is the case with last nights win.
Good to see that last night. But they're still 4th place they've gotta keep up with Pittsburgh. Montreal up in 2nd place Ottawa down to5th...

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

I watched the game vs Boston that was on Versus and I thought it was cool how they were marketing that exact group you said on Segways riding around the city. Green is going to be a premiere defensemen imo for years to come. I'd love to have him on the devils lol

Green tried to maneuver around a flower pot and fell off...
laugh.gif

Caps w. the 3-1 win tonight vs. the Sabres. They also had to play against the refs, who called a horrid game...no power plays for the caps, and Buffalo had5....the refs did call back a goal in the Caps favor towards the end of the game...AO with 2 more goals
pimp.gif

Carolina won tonight as well....
smh.gif
I thought they would crumble w. Brind Amour being out....they have been on FIRE

I still don't think Green will get a Norris as long as some of the other premiere D-man are in the league. It's not because I think Green doesn'thave the talent, I just think there are tons of other better guys out there that will get a Norris before Green. He is a great skater to watch when rushing upthe ice though as DoubleJ's said.

Ovechkin just keeps on going.......didn't expect them to win tonight in Buf. Carolina has been putting the puck in the net as of late, I also didn'texpect them to be winning games like this with Rod out.

I've got a dilemna with my fantasy team. Osgood, one of my goalies, will only play 5 of the next 15 games for the Wings. I have Osgood, Garon, Bryzgalov,and Kiprusoff. The only available goalies who would be worth picking up if I dropped Osgood would be Gerber from Ottowa or Ellis from the Preds. I dont thinkits worth it to drop Osgood. Any ideas? My fantasy team is in 3rd, this is the last week before playoffs start to.

Im really disappointed right now because my favorite goalie, Evgeni Nabokov, got new pads...
smh.gif

His old pads were
pimp.gif
and now he's goin' Rick Dipietro style withall white...
sick.gif

Watching the Sharks game right now, both the Ducks and Stars lost tonight. Chance to pick up some ground on them.

Anyone catch the highlight goals from Monday night? Unreal from Cheechoo and Campbell.

I've got a dilemna with my fantasy team. Osgood, one of my goalies, will only play 5 of the next 15 games for the Wings. I have Osgood, Garon, Bryzgalov, and Kiprusoff. The only available goalies who would be worth picking up if I dropped Osgood would be Gerber from Ottowa or Ellis from the Preds. I dont think its worth it to drop Osgood. Any ideas? My fantasy team is in 3rd, this is the last week before playoffs start to.

Last week before playoffs? Last games are April.6th.......How the heck does your league work? lol......As for your goalie situation, I would drop osgoodsince you've predicted he's only going to play about a 1/3rd of Detroit's remaining games. I would probably pick up Ellis because Emery/Gerber areconstantly switching and there's no way to tell who will be in net for the Sens on any given day.

This is the last week before the playoffs start for us. Then there is 3 rounds of the playoffs taking up the last 3 weeks of march, ending the league beforeApril 6th. I think Im going to hold onto Osgood, he's a better option to keep rather than drop and I already have 3 other ones. I thought when Dipietro waswearing those old like brown leather looking pads they were hot.

The STL Blues are trash. This was the first time I have seen them play the Wings and I cannot believe that they lead the season series. They are really not agood team and they have some clowns on the team. 3 guys went after Downey last night. Jeff Woywitka had a real dirty hit on Kopecky too. Wasn't even nearthe play and blindsided him. Hopefully Thomas is alright but it should be a fun last 2 games against them especially with DMac coming up next week. I justreally hate the Blues.

Rangers beat the Islanders on Long Island 4-1...
pimp.gif
......The Rangers arenow only 2 points behind Ottawa and 3 points behind New Jersey.......Henrik Lundqvist just became the 2nd goaltender in NHL history to reach 30 wins in hisfirst 3 seasons...The other goalie is Ron Hextall.

2f36fe10c6ea3bb4d28fc343128399bc-getty-76074506bb022_new_york_rang.jpg

When he gets to consecutive 40 win seasons like a certain rival across the Hudson let me know....

indifferent.gif
....who cares? I'm talking about HenrikLundqvist, not Martin Brodeur. What Henrik Lundqvist has done in his first 3 seasons is something that Martin Brodeur didn't so stop trying to downplayLundqvist's achievement. I'm not trying to say that Henrik Lundqvist is better than Brodeur because he isn't....yet.

I hate when people say stuff like that.

^^ At least you guys don't have to go through 6 goaltenders in 1 season
laugh.gif

Kings with a consistent goalie every night
pimp.gif

Kings with a rotation of 6 goalies in a season = Last Place in the NHL
sick.gif

Guys it was just a joke. Relax. I am by no means saying he didnt make an excellent achievement. He's a quality goaltender, it was more of a rivalry type ofthing. Relax.

actually in brodeur first three full seasons he had 2 30 win seasons and a 40 win season....u cant expect him to have 30 wins in a strike season canyou?....never ever downplay brodeurs acheivments and as a ranger fan you should expect a devils fan to be lurking

he also had a better save percentage and gaa

^ ahh so he did in fact do what lundqvist has done and he did it even better. alas, i was only kidding it was a rivalry type of thing, he's a goodgoaltender, not on brodeurs level, but hes good.

Originally Posted by IronmanFitness

actually in brodeur first three full seasons he had 2 30 win seasons and a 40 win season....u cant expect him to have 30 wins in a strike season can you?....never ever downplay brodeurs acheivments and as a ranger fan you should expect a devils fan to be lurking

he also had a better save percentage and gaa
I never downplayed Brodeur's achievements. As a Ranger fan, I really respect the guy, I mean he has 3 cups and so much more....one of thegreatest goaltenders of all time.

I'm a little late with this, but Jordan Tootoo is trash. Anyone catch what he did in the Canucks game? Boarding from 100ft out, then a crosscheck in theface when Bourdon tried to challenge him. This guy, along with people like Chris Simon, don't belong in the game.

Back
Top Bottom