Official NHL Thread: Vol. I Know Some NTers Care

Hope the sharks keep up the winning ways, even though they suck at home
sick.gif
. Go sharks!

If the Caps keep Kolzig on the bench and play Huet they'll catch Carolina. They gotta ride the hot hand Huet shutout my Devils in his first game and thenKolzig lost the next game.

Ovechkin with 50 and 51 and its still the first
smokin.gif
. Yeah, the Caps toreapart my Devils, and then the night after so did the Canadiens. Hopefully the Devils can right the ship and get back on track. Shake something up, put someoneon the bench, do something.

edit: Add 52 to the list, he had a hat trick in the 1st period.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

Ovechkin with 50 and 51 and its still the first
smokin.gif
. Yeah, the Caps tore apart my Devils, and then the night after so did the Canadiens. Hopefully the Devils can right the ship and get back on track. Shake something up, put someone on the bench, do something.

edit: Add 52 to the list, he had a hat trick in the 1st period.
pimp.gif

he is unbelievable.....its so fun to watch him play

IMO, he's better than Crosby

He is different than Crosby. More physical, but perhaps not quite as skilled with the puck. But both are the best for years to come (Mario and Wayne style)

IMO Claude Julien should've just left Auld in for the rest of the game......why the hell would he bring Thomas back in?
It's hard to really compare Crosby/Ovechkin...they're both amazing players but each have their own flaws/upsides etc....

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

IMO Claude Julien should've just left Auld in for the rest of the game......why the hell would he bring Thomas back in?

yea i don't know what he was thinking there...the game was over anyway so why bring back the #1 goalie? he couldve just let him rest

Crosby is more finesse and rarely will use the body. Ovechkin seamingly loves using the body and makes for a different type of enjoyment when watching. I lovewatching Crosby with the puck and his ability to set up shots and get around defenders. Ovechkin is fun because he's always shooting, flying around hittingpeople, he just looks like he's having a blast. Both great players, but you can't really compare the two.

I think Crosby is the better player (not by much), but there isn't a more exciting player in the NHL than Ovechkin....IMO, they are 1-2 as far as the bestin the league....if the Caps can make the playoffs, Ovechkin should get the Hart, and Boudreau should get the Coach of the Year.....the Caps are one of themost fun teams in the NHL to watch...you all should be in for a treat on Sunday when they play the Pens....hopefully, it's a good game.

*actually, the more I think about it, the more of a "push" it seems. I have ALWAYS thought that the Penguins have had better talent for Crosby towork with. The "rebuilding" process is FINALLY over here in DC, so now George McPhee has surrounded AO with some actual talent. For what Ovechkinhas had to work with over the previous two seasons, I think his numbers are flat out remarkable.

I honestly think Mike Green could be ROY. Imagine if Boudreau was the coach from the 1st game? Green would have over 20 goals at this point, loads more points,he is just awesome to watch IMO. And this is coming from a Devils fan.

Backstrom would get the ROY over Green........Crosby returns tonight against Tampa, the same team he injured his ankle against
laugh.gif

Forsberg also returns tonight to play on a line with Sakic/Hejduk!!!
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Good games going tonight including a big tilt with my Leafs/Devils.....I'll be glued to the TV as usual
laugh.gif
smh.gif
smokin.gif

Mike Green isn't a rookie....he's 22, but he played most of the season last year w. the Caps, and the year before that he got game action as well

Glen Hanlon (ex coach) hindered what the Caps COULD have done with his system. Boudreau's is a stark contrast to what it once was under Hanlon's watch.He puts these guys in position to score. Mike Green is a beneficiary of not only playing under Boudreau in Hershey, but also being able to have the freedom totake the puck end-to-end when he feels like it. CQuan can vouch for me, but I said WAAAAY back in this thread that Mike Green is going to be a future NorrisTrophy winner. I still stand by that, and also I will go out and say that he is one of the top 5 skating D-men in the NHL. Caps have an awesome young nucleusto build around. Ovechkin, Semin, Green, Backstrom.....not to mention all the talent they have stockpiled through an excess amount of draft picks over theyears. The buzz surrounding this team is awesome, and hopefully they can keep it going. The next couple of weeks are going to be intense!

I assumed he was a rookie (Green). My bad, either way he is one of my favorite players in the entire league.

Look at his stats from last year, 06-07 compare to this year 07-08

[table][tr][td]2006-2007[/td] [td]Capitals [/td] [td]70[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]-10[/td] [td]36[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]68[/td] [td]2.9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2007-2008[/td] [td]Capitals [/td] [td]67[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]43[/td] [td]-1[/td] [td]56[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]171[/td] [td]9.9[/td] [/tr][/table]

Good to ssee Forsberg back in a Avalanche uniform. Was awkward seeing him in a Predators one last year.

Devils finally put the puck in the net. It was good to see, sometimes one game can jumpstart you and hopefully that is the case with last nights win.

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

I assumed he was a rookie (Green). My bad, either way he is one of my favorite players in the entire league.

Look at his stats from last year, 06-07 compare to this year 07-08

[table][tr][td]2006-2007[/td] [td]Capitals[/td] [td]70[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]-10[/td] [td]36[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]68[/td] [td]2.9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2007-2008[/td] [td]Capitals[/td] [td]67[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]43[/td] [td]-1[/td] [td]56[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]171[/td] [td]9.9[/td] [/tr][/table]

That's all Boudreau....he was totally handcuffed under Hanlon. Green is one of the more exciting players to watch in the league, especially when hehas the puck. He's up for a new contract this summer....Caps have been marketing AO, Backstrom, Semin, and Green to the people in the DC area....the buzzthat is around the team (and their sudden success) tells me that Green will be in a Caps sweater for a LONG time. They know that they have something great tobuild off of.

Back
Top Bottom