Official NHL Thread: Vol. I Know Some NTers Care

Theo Fluery FTW! He was so much energy and he could actually play both sides of the puck. I am disappointed in the Devils after last nights game. Theyseriously have no scoring ability. Parise has 30 yeah but 3/4 of them are garbage goals or tip ins or something. He is in the right place at the right timewhich is great but I mean nobody on that team can carry them offensively. They need a scorer and should pursue one in the offseason but I know deep down theywont. Hopefully they rebound.

Leafs with a BIG win IN Philly tonight! Did it without their captain Sundin too, who left with muscle spasms. Kubina 3 goals in 2 days
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Coyotes with a big 2-0 win tonight against the Canucks
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

smh.gif
@ Calgary giving up a 3-0 lead to ATL and losing........Dallas gave up a 3-1lead to Detroit and lost as well, Turco STILL hasn't won at the Joe
eek.gif

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

Coyotes with a big 2-0 win tonight against the Canucks
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I don't believe the Canucks are dropping this late in the season, its not like they got a stock of points
Sedins are finding the wrong time in theseason to slump
tired.gif

huge win by the B's today...gives us a the tie breaker over philly for the year

great to comeback late and take it in OT, especially since we been struggling to score

Double standard? Simon gets 20+, and Pronger who has had a history of suspensions, only gets (I believe) 8 games for the same thing Simon did....hmmmm

I don't agree with the suspension on Pronger...He should have gotten the same punishment as Simon did...It's horrible how the league hesitates to givestar players lengthy suspensions but when a guy like Simon gets in trouble, they give them a big punishment....Pronger also has a history of playing dirty andhe has a good number of suspensions...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

I don't agree with the suspension on Pronger...He should have gotten the same punishment as Simon did...It's horrible how the league hesitates to give star players lengthy suspensions but when a guy like Simon gets in trouble, they give them a big punishment....Pronger also has a history of playing dirty and he has a good number of suspensions...
smh.gif

pronger's stomp is a bit different from that of Simon's stomp. Simon's stomp occurred during a line change and he was pissed so he stomped onRuutu's foot. but this time, Kesler was trying to tie up Pronger to slow him down, so Pronger was just trying to get loose therefore the intention is verydifferent. but star treatment is definitely involved in this case

Intention was different? A stomp is a stomp no matter the situation and how you look at it....both had a malicious intent, so IMO Pronger got off WAY easierdue to who he is. I am in no way Simon apologist, because I was adamant about him being kicked out of the NHL after what he did to Ruutu. However, if you arelooking at things objectively you would see that there is a big difference in how both players were judged when the suspensions were given out. It's notfair, and yes....there is a divide in how players are treated due to their "star" power....another example is the 1 game suspension Kovalchuk got fortaking a run at the dude on the Rangers (I think it was NY) earlier in the season before the All-Star break. What I heard is that if he was suspended for alonger period of time, he would have missed the game....now, let's say a guy like Daniel Carcillo did the same thing....you are looking at a MULTIPLE gamesuspension for the indiscretion....that's just my .02

If San Jose doesn't beat Edmonton I don't see how they are a favorite in the west. Edmonton is horrible. Yeah San Jose has the best road record, butwhen it comes down to it you have to win in your house to. Should be a good game, Im not playing Garon because I have the goalie stats won in fantasy thisweek. Hopefully Big Joe gets another multipoint game. Big win for my Devils yesterday!

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Intention was different? A stomp is a stomp no matter the situation and how you look at it....both had a malicious intent, so IMO Pronger got off WAY easier due to who he is. I am in no way Simon apologist, because I was adamant about him being kicked out of the NHL after what he did to Ruutu. However, if you are looking at things objectively you would see that there is a big difference in how both players were judged when the suspensions were given out. It's not fair, and yes....there is a divide in how players are treated due to their "star" power....another example is the 1 game suspension Kovalchuk got for taking a run at the dude on the Rangers (I think it was NY) earlier in the season before the All-Star break. What I heard is that if he was suspended for a longer period of time, he would have missed the game....now, let's say a guy like Daniel Carcillo did the same thing....you are looking at a MULTIPLE game suspension for the indiscretion....that's just my .02
yea...it was Michal Roszival of the NY Rangers

Good win for the caps....2-1 vs. the Bruins

I hope that both the Flyers & Bruins continue to slide....Carolina looks to be hitting their stride at the right time though
ohwell.gif

u gotta love this time of year!

Pronger should get the same or similar to that of Chris Simon. It is ridiculous because he plays for the Ducks, gets marketed as a star, and is the captainnothing happens to him. He has been suspended 8 times. Thats ridiculous, obviously he is a repeat offender. He should have gotten much more than 8 games butthe NHL doesn't want to have one of their stars on one of their more marketable teams out for the playoffs. Its a shame that there is that much politics.If it was any role player or someone who isn't yet a star they would have gotten much more.

I agree with Gingers.......

And the Flyers got destroyed. Terrible performance by them. Go Pens

Carolina rebounded well from that horrible loss Friday in Buffalo, they're really playing well aside from Friday and I expect them to continue it in theplayoffs. Hossa scored his first goal as a Pen today!!! Also had an assist on Gil's goal I believe.

As for Pronger, the intention was there and he obviously didn't get a lengthy suspension because of who he is. That's just the way life is in general,and not just in hockey. It's horrible to see "stomping" in the game because a skate blade can REALLY injure someone badly (Perry, Zednik). Sucksfor me too cause Pronger is on my Yahoo Fantasy team!!!
mad.gif
smh.gif

An intentional stomp is a stomp, regardless of who you are. But it's like that in every league, the star player is always going to get special treatment.

yeah, that was a dumb penalty by shelley to give them that 5on3. gave them unnecessary life.
smh.gif

oh well...just gotta start up a new winning streak.

Back
Top Bottom