Official NHL Thread: Vol. I Know Some NTers Care

in the Minors (ohl, whl, qjmhl) it is mandatory for players to wear at least visors and in College its a full cage mask i think, which is gay imo.

i dont know, the nhl is composed of adults and they have the rihgt to decide on whether they want to wear one or not but it would of a good idea though cause visor would prevent alot of injury and even death probaly.

All major sports though require certain levels of equipment. If the NHL mandates it, it's no different. It keeps their players on the ice which makes money
Team Economics​
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.​
Member of the Steeler Nation
IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL Champions​

if the NHL made visors mandatory, we would never hear the end of players whining about it so they might as well keep it optional
TEAM NEW YORK RANGERS
H.LUNDQVIST M.ROSZIVAL M.MALIK B.SHANAHAN B.BETTS S.AVERY S.GOMEZ T.POCK C.DRURY P.PRUCHA C.ORR P.MARA J.STRUDWICK R.CALLAHAN R.HOLLWEG D.GIRARDI F.TYUTIN J.JAGR M.HOSSA M.STRAKA

Maybe not the NHL making it mandatory...but I could see individual clubs having a policy that's easily justifiable; you sign a contract to play, so you need to wear a visor, because the club wants to be able to have their best players minimize risk of injury.

my rangers starting to pick it up a little bit with their win in the shootout against new jersey...3rd in a row.....facing the flyers on monday...should be a good game
TEAM NEW YORK RANGERS
H.LUNDQVIST M.ROSZIVAL M.MALIK B.SHANAHAN B.BETTS S.AVERY S.GOMEZ T.POCK C.DRURY P.PRUCHA C.ORR P.MARA J.STRUDWICK R.CALLAHAN R.HOLLWEG D.GIRARDI F.TYUTIN J.JAGR M.HOSSA M.STRAKA

we won tonight... woo hoo!!!! Nucks vs Avs
I just think that the Avs didn't play too well, they don't look like they got a strong defense corps

If u watched the game, u'll know that Weaver stepped up big-time. hopefully he can stay like that for awhile, so we aren't forced to make a trade. Edler did his job, and Bourdon wasn't really that visible but i guess thats a good thing since we aren't blaming him for f*cking up, and giving up a goal.

Overall, it was again hard work that paid off. u can see that they were faster and forechecking much more.
Anybody willing to ID Kobe II, and then send them to Canada?, PM me for fee​

I was not expecting that win at all. Weaver's been the best defenseman this year, IMO. I think vancouver should let go of some of the core, and let the rookies have a big role like other teams do.

Give 2 top D spots to Edler/Bourdon, and make a young scoring line out of raymond/grabner/shannon/kesler, and they'll develop into the players we expect them to be.

im doing really well in my fantasy hockey. it helps me get more involved.
TEAMATLANTAHAWKS​

has anyone been to the new NHL store that recently opened in NYC? ...if so, was it anything special?
TEAM NEW YORK RANGERS

:smh:
smh.gif
at me for not knowing there was an NHL store....I'll have to visit it during the summer when I hit up NY :pimp:
pimp.gif

:wow:
eek.gif
s tonight......Could this be the year that the Jackets make it to the playoffs? They're the only team who hasn't seen post-season play :lol:
laugh.gif
myspace facebook

im doing real well in my fantasy hockey leagues. both teams. thrashers are disapointing me though.
TEAMATLANTAHAWKS​

The problem with loading our scoring lines with young players is that you don't really know if they're ready for it. If they aren't ready for this level of play, it could very well disturb their learning in the AHL.

And Moose are depleted of players anyways, they lost Ryan Shannon, J. Balej, and Jason Jaffary. Grabner is just starting his first AHL season, and we just gave Raymond back to the Moose.

Quote:
if the NHL made visors mandatory, we would never hear the end of players whining about it so they might as well keep it optional
TEAM LAKERS
TEAM DODGERS
TEAM L.A. KINGS

pff...bring back the old school rules..

BOBBY ORR..no helmet homies! now thats gangsta
180px-BobbyOrr.jpg

How about un-masked goalies during the 1960's, now that's alot more gangsta... LOL.

Old School Rogie Vachon...

2hnxpaa.jpg

35k5uok.jpg
TEAM LAKERS
TEAM DODGERS
TEAM L.A. KINGS

my boy henrik lundqvist just got his 4th shutout of the season against philly
TEAM NEW YORK RANGERS

no goalie is going to go unmasked these days, no matter how G u wanna be. just wait for that Brian Rolston slap shot coming right down the lane, and not even plastic surgery can help you

lol...Brian Rolston's slapshot just isnt that threatening
TEAM NEW YORK RANGERS

i actually :rofl:
roll.gif
:rofl:
roll.gif
when i saw the unmasked goalie pics..

those guys were gangsta, thats like playing in the NFL with no equipment day in and day out

Back
Top Bottom