OFFICIAL NIKE AIR COMMAND FORCE PUMP & 180 PUMP RETRO THREAD (**NEW ACTUAL PIC ON PG 1)

I wish they would have used the same materials (real leather) that were on the OGs.

I'm pretty sure the leather used for the OG command force was a synthetic. The OG Jordan V used a synthetic and so did the OG Tech II I think it was the same for the commands. Back then they were trying to compete with Reebok's special leather treatment guess they aren't doing that anymore :lol:

^^^patinece my friend. Felt the same way for awhile until I finally grabbed @ the price I wanted. I almost bought one tts rather than the half up I planned. Glad I didn't. Plenty of retailers still yet to markdown

^^^patinece my friend. Felt the same way for awhile until I finally grabbed @ the price I wanted. I almost bought one tts rather than the half up I planned. Glad I didn't. Plenty of retailers still yet to markdown
I'm spoiled now. I want to find Spurs and Reds for $130 or below.

I'm spoiled now. I want to find Spurs and Reds for $130 or below.

True. I firmly believe if the volts made it down to $99 the other will too or very close to it. Now the emeralds may take a tad longer but worse case all under retail which is a win in my book.

I'm pretty sure the leather used for the OG command force was a synthetic. The OG Jordan V used a synthetic and so did the OG Tech II I think it was the same for the commands. Back then they were trying to compete with Reebok's special leather treatment guess they aren't doing that anymore :lol:

The first retro of the jordan v used the softest synthetic leather i have ever felt so comfortable. Too bad my fire red midsole cracked the recent retro of the og colorways of the v however was like hard cardboard. Awful.

I was sad when i put my volts on and fet that horrible stiff synthetic leather not as bad as jordan retros but the same as my flught 89 retros. The only thing is the flight 89 toe box had room and the volts dont

Those had REAL leather. Yeah this just isn't true man.

The original catalog says full grain , but to be honest I don't believe the entire upper was composed of full grain leather especially when they weren't using it in the Jordan V. A few years ago I interviewed one of the top level quality control guys at Nike from that time period and he told me they used a specially designed synthetic to compete with Reebok at the time. Reebok had a special treatment of the leather to make their leathers super soft and Nike couldnt recreate it using real leather.

The original catalog says full grain , but to be honest I don't believe the entire upper was composed of full grain leather especially when they weren't using it in the Jordan V. A few years ago I interviewed one of the top level quality control guys at Nike from that time period and he told me they used a specially designed synthetic to compete with Reebok at the time. Reebok had a special treatment of the leather to make their leathers super soft and Nike couldnt recreate it using real leather.

Did you ask the control guy why they stopped using it? :tongue:

Did you ask the control guy why they stopped using it? :tongue:

Lol actually I did. He said around 98/99 Nike brought in a bunch of Harvard graduates, guys that were strictly about the numbers and they were beginning an era of more cost cutting (which Every company does) He left the company around that time too

Last edited:
Im bout to try some diabetic socks i bought at the dollar store with my volts and see if it helps :lol:

Im bout to try some diabetic socks i bought at the dollar store with my volts and see if it helps :lol:
I did the same thing...put a pair of the thinnest volt Polo socks in the box wit the shoes soon as I got them..almost nothing on my foot & still super snug in the toebox.

Lol actually I did. He said around 98/99 Nike brought in a bunch of Harvard graduates, guys that were strictly about the numbers and they were beginning an era of more cost cutting (which Every company does) He left the company around that time too

And here we are, in the middle of nike's reign of recycled toilet seats

I did the same thing...put a pair of the thinnest volt Polo socks in the box wit the shoes soon as I got them..almost nothing on my foot & still super snug in the toebox.

Man that sucks. I feel for you guys. I went TTS on these and ironically I haven't encountered any of these problems with the toebox, at all. They feel fine to me but then again I've only worn mine maybe 3 times. Been hearing alot about toe boxes and hurt pinky toes. That's unfortunate. I Guess I got lucky with a relatively comfortable pair.

Last edited:
Man that sucks. I feel for you guys. I went TTS on these and ironically I haven't encountered any of these problems with the toebox, at all. They feel fine to me but then again I've only worn mine maybe 3 times. Been hearing alot about toe boxes and hurt pinky toes. That's unfortunate. I Guess I got lucky with a relatively comfortable pair.
One thing i don't understand is on my one foot, the shoe fits fine, but on the other my pinky toe gets pinched. I think I'll continue to go TTS on them though. I'm still waiting patiently for these emeralds. 

One thing i don't understand is on my one foot, the shoe fits fine, but on the other my pinky toe gets pinched. I think I'll continue to go TTS on them though. I'm still waiting patiently for these emeralds. 
You may be one of many folks who's dominant foot (usually base on which hand is your dominant hand, i.e. the one you right with and do most things) is slightly larger than the other foot:

http://sectionhiker.com/reader-poll-is-one-of-your-feet-bigger-than-the-other/

And here we are, in the middle of nike's reign of recycled toilet seats
lmao!!!!

Man, the stories this guy told me of the early days of Nike were wild
Wow, I'd love to hear more stories From The Inside. But it seems that the way the OG ACF creased that it was full-grain leather, at least at the toe box and sides. Many OG hitops that I've seen from late 80's, early 90's that claimed to use leather actually used synthetics only for the heel and ankle area, and that would have made sense for the ACF pump.

Wow, I'd love to hear more stories From The Inside. But it seems that the way the OG ACF creased that it was full-grain leather, at least at the toe box and sides. Many OG hitops that I've seen from late 80's, early 90's that claimed to use leather actually used synthetics only for the heel and ankle area, and that would have made sense for the ACF pump.

A lot of these stories probably aren't safe for this forum lol

Finishline has these on the racks now? Didn't know until I went in and saw them. They didn't have my 14 so I left empty handed

Last edited:
If you're desperate just pull the insole out and wear them until they're broken in. I had to do that with my 4s

Finishline has these on the racks now? Didn't know until I went in and saw them. They didn't have my 14 so I left empty handed
Ohh jus what I needed to hear. Can use my rewards. Was jus in my local and didn't see em tho. Good looks. I'll b on the look out...

Back
Top Bottom