OFFICIAL NIKE AIR COMMAND FORCE PUMP & 180 PUMP RETRO THREAD (**NEW ACTUAL PIC ON PG 1)

Pick up a pair of 13's today at Marshall's for $79.  Seems they are at a bunch of different locations and Burlington Coat Factory right now too..good colors too. 

I have 8 pairs of socks currently stuffed in the toe box of my pairs right shoe at the moment. These did my pinky toe dirt nasty at the mall the other day.

Wait how on earth did you get 8 pairs of socks in one toe box?
laugh.gif
 my foot aint in them.  Im trying to stretch them out.

I dont think this pure vinyl toe box can be stretched though

Pick up a pair of 13's today at Marshall's for $79.  Seems they are at a bunch of different locations and Burlington Coat Factory right now too..good colors too. 

Wish I could find the Emeralds in a size 13, I've been swapping out my 12's for 13's. Crazy thing is outside of the height being higher and the width being a little roomier there isn't much difference in length between the 12 and the 13! Pretty strange

Wish I could find the Emeralds in a size 13, I've been swapping out my 12's for 13's. Crazy thing is outside of the height being higher and the width being a little roomier there isn't much difference in length between the 12 and the 13! Pretty strange

I bought size 12.5 in the Volt colorway from Eastbay and it was better than the 12 for me. I originally bought 2 but returned one. I still haven't worn it yet either.

Last edited:
I bought size 12.5 in the Volt colorway from Eastbay and it was better than the 12 for me. I originally bought 2 but returned one. I still haven't worn it yet either.

This is definitely a release worth doubling up on. I have a gut feeling that once inventory dries up prices will sky rocket. Since they are still showing up in outlets and Marshall's most sizes under 11 have been pretty good but the bigger sizes have already increased

This is definitely a release worth doubling up on. I have a gut feeling that once inventory dries up prices will sky rocket. Since they are still showing up in outlets and Marshall's most sizes under 11 have been pretty good but the bigger sizes have already increased

Had the OGs as kid. After waiting so long for reissue, was so excited picked up 1 volt and 2 spurs (rock/stock). Always been kinda of a big size shoe style. Nostaglia.

Wait, these are in outlets?????

I dont check in here much. I paid full retail for mine. I want both OG colorways but didnt wana pay full price for 2 pair. So I might be able to find these cheap still???

I've only worn mine like 4 times in 2 years, I want them dead stock, just like I always remember them from my high school days. I'd love to grab a few more. It seems like they didnt sell like Nike had hoped???

Wait, these are in outlets?????

I dont check in here much. I paid full retail for mine. I want both OG colorways but didnt wana pay full price for 2 pair. So I might be able to find these cheap still???

I've only worn mine like 4 times in 2 years, I want them dead stock, just like I always remember them from my high school days. I'd love to grab a few more. It seems like they didnt sell like Nike had hoped???
Not sure if these are still in outlets but they used to be. You can find them on eBay as well in dead stock condition.

I checked the Nike outlet. Nothing. Not too upset. I've got my pair. Just would love to have a few more since these are some of my grails and I would love to be able to rock them a little more often.

Now cmon Nike, do a proper 180 retro. I'd pay through the nose for it and likely double or triple up at full retail. Had them back in the day, loved 'em, almost NOBODY else back then had the 180s cause nobody's parents would pay that kinda money for kicks but I worked and could afford any shoe I wanted. People alllllways wanted to play with the pumps LOL. I think there were like 2 or MAYBE 3 other pair in the whole school back then.

Bring them back, Nike!!

Last edited:
I would love a proper 180 but until they make the air bag super large like it should be I will be on the fence about getting it.

Now cmon Nike, do a proper 180 retro. I'd pay through the nose for it and likely double or triple up at full retail. Had them back in the day, loved 'em, almost NOBODY else back then had the 180s cause nobody's parents would pay that kinda money for kicks but I worked and could afford any shoe I wanted. People alllllways wanted to play with the pumps LOL. I think there were like 2 or MAYBE 3 other pair in the whole school back then.
Bring them back, Nike!!

I would love a proper 180 but until they make the air bag super large like it should be I will be on the fence about getting it.

Would be over the moon if they did an 180 retro.
Never thought they would do the Command Force or Pressure again. But don't think the demand is there. They went multiple colorways and shoes sat. Got multiples for self. But most kids have no idea what they are.

Would be over the moon if they did an 180 retro.
Never thought they would do the Command Force or Pressure again. But don't think the demand is there. They went multiple colorways and shoes sat. Got multiples for self. But most kids have no idea what they are.
Let's be real - and I mean no disrespect for young people here. It is what it is. But most kids have no idea what the 3s, 4s, 5s, 6s, 7s, etc are. I think it's awesome that young people are getting to somewhat experience what some of us older folks had as teenagers. But the connection isnt there. The nostalgia isnt there. Those of us that wore the OGs knew we were seeing something special. They took quality, comfort and looks to an entirely new level. I remember when the VIs came out and I was still rocking my grape 5s. I saw the infrareds and my jaw dropped. Single best looking shoe of all time. I went to the mall that weekend and slipped on a pair of the VIs. My first thought was that they werent as soft inside as my grapes. I always loved 5s for the soooooft material they used inside. Then I walked in them and saw why they made em that way....the fit was unreal. They molded to you.

I remember buying my first pair of VIIs. I wasnt impressed with the looks. Still had to have em cause they were Js. I put em on and wow....they formed right to your foot, they were all soft inside, and the cushion was better than the 6. I was surprised at that because I loved the visible air sole and with the VIIs not having it I didnt think theyd be as soft. They felt great and I liked em so much they became my beater pair, I wore those probably 2 or 3 times a week. I busted out other Js, flights and my Command Force 180s on days I felt like wearing something a little more special but the 7s felt sooo good and since I didnt like the way they looked as much and didnt have the icy sole I didnt care as much if I got them scuffed or dirty.

Everything Nike came out with back then was revolutionary. Every time they dropped a new high end shoe it was special. And I knew it the first time. I'd see dudes wrecking their 5s after the 6s came out and still thought "what's wrong with you??? Why dont you respect that shoe??"

So for kids, it's awesome for me to see them enjoy the retroes, but they cant feel the sense of connection that old guys have with them. They dont remember the Command Forces as David Robinsons like I do. They dont remember the trainers as Bos like I do. So yeah, I think the market would be limited, but I also think there are enough people like me that would throw down whatever cash Nike wanted for the 180s to have that little piece of our teenage/young adult years back.

I miss mine. I sometimes take my Command Forces out of the box just to hold them and look at them and smile a little from the memories.

Repped for Truth. Pure Gospel.
Especially that last bit. Do that too.
We definitely hit the Golden Age.
Good luck on your pickups.

Let's be real - and I mean no disrespect for young people here. It is what it is. But most kids have no idea what the 3s, 4s, 5s, 6s, 7s, etc are. I think it's awesome that young people are getting to somewhat experience what some of us older folks had as teenagers. But the connection isnt there. The nostalgia isnt there. Those of us that wore the OGs knew we were seeing something special. They took quality, comfort and looks to an entirely new level. I remember when the VIs came out and I was still rocking my grape 5s. I saw the infrareds and my jaw dropped. Single best looking shoe of all time. I went to the mall that weekend and slipped on a pair of the VIs. My first thought was that they werent as soft inside as my grapes. I always loved 5s for the soooooft material they used inside. Then I walked in them and saw why they made em that way....the fit was unreal. They molded to you.

I remember buying my first pair of VIIs. I wasnt impressed with the looks. Still had to have em cause they were Js. I put em on and wow....they formed right to your foot, they were all soft inside, and the cushion was better than the 6. I was surprised at that because I loved the visible air sole and with the VIIs not having it I didnt think theyd be as soft. They felt great and I liked em so much they became my beater pair, I wore those probably 2 or 3 times a week. I busted out other Js, flights and my Command Force 180s on days I felt like wearing something a little more special but the 7s felt sooo good and since I didnt like the way they looked as much and didnt have the icy sole I didnt care as much if I got them scuffed or dirty.

Everything Nike came out with back then was revolutionary. Every time they dropped a new high end shoe it was special. And I knew it the first time. I'd see dudes wrecking their 5s after the 6s came out and still thought "what's wrong with you??? Why dont you respect that shoe??"

So for kids, it's awesome for me to see them enjoy the retroes, but they cant feel the sense of connection that old guys have with them. They dont remember the Command Forces as David Robinsons like I do. They dont remember the trainers as Bos like I do. So yeah, I think the market would be limited, but I also think there are enough people like me that would throw down whatever cash Nike wanted for the 180s to have that little piece of our teenage/young adult years back.

I miss mine. I sometimes take my Command Forces out of the box just to hold them and look at them and smile a little from the memories.
Bravo. Spoken from the heart. I totally get you man. Repped.

Thanks guys.

If only I wasnt so stupid.....I grew out of my sneakerhead phase right about when the 8s dropped. Moved out of my mom's house and in with my dad and didnt go back there for a long time. We werent on good terms for a while. A few years later, she asked me if I wanted my shoes. I stupidly said I didnt care what she did with them. I'd give my right arm to have all of those back. I still had the boxes, WITH paper, for every single one of them. I cleaned most of them after a day of wearing them. They were all in excellent condition aside from my Grape 5s and my Bordeaux 7s which were still pretty decent. From memory, I know I had

Grape 5s

Blue 6s

Carmine 6s

Maroon 6s

Black Infrared 6s

Grey flights, I still cant remember the name...they arent mentioned much here but I know Ive seen the pic. Loved that shoe.

Black and grey Bos

Reebok Dee Brown Pumps

Nike 180 Pumps

Orange Ewings

Bordeaux 7s

Infrared Air Max

And a few other pair of the Flight Lights which I only wore once or twice.

I know I couldnt wear them now, but just to still have them would be awesome.

You are right this is why I could never buy a Nike retro model prior to 1989 because there is no emotional connection that I could make.

Then again I also really enjoy wearing Adidas retros from their 70's catalog and this was before my time so I don't judge the kids these days anymore.  The few times I told stories from my kids days about the OG Nike AIRs and they got really impressed.

I'm not holding my breath whether Nike is willing to retro the 180 Pumps properly, but the Air Pressure retro is quite impressive with the external pump performing like an OG Reebok Pump.

The Command Force retro was a joke really, crappy materials and the internal pump doesn't really work all that well not to mention the air leak with the volts.

Last edited:

You are right this is why I could never buy a Nike retro model prior to 1989 because there is no emotional connection that I could make.

Then again I also really enjoy wearing Adidas retros from their 70's catalog and this was before my time so I don't judge the kids these days anymore.  The few times I told stories from my kids days about the OG Nike AIRs and they got really impressed.

I'm not holding my breath whether Nike is willing to retro the 180 Pumps properly, but the Air Pressure retro is quite impressive with the external pump performing like an OG Reebok Pump.

The Command Force retro was a joke really, crappy materials and the internal pump doesn't really work all that well not to mention the air leak with the volts.
Definitely not judging kids now. I think it's awesome they enjoy the old school stuff. It's just very different.

FWIW, my Command Forces pump just fine. I'm still crazy happy with them.

This! The one thing that's impossible to relate to if you haven't worn an og pair or early retros. That's why I can't get that same feeling from retros these days. you're simply putting your feet into an empty shell.
I have a pair of white infrared 6s in the closet. I havent tried them on. They're going to be sold or traded. So I cant say how they feel. I work every single friday so getting shoes is tough for me and I dont own any other retro Js. The retros I DO have feel good to me though.

I have a totally beat down pair of Flight 89s that I would buy again in a heartbeat. I wore them day in and day out for a year and a half and they felt great to me and didnt fall apart.

I have, of course, my beloved Command Forces that also feel like the old ones did. To me. Maybe my memory is screwy but they really do feel a lot like I remember my 180 pumps feeling back in the day. I cant complain about them. So both pair of Nike retroes I have feel pretty good.

That being said, NOTHING felt like the 7s back in the day. NOTHING. I wish I had 10 pair of my Bordeaux Js back. I'd wear them constantly. They had that glove fit, the soft cushion, and that super soft inside feel. Man, a new pair of socks with a just barely broken in pair of 7s was one of the best feelings ever.

I did try on a pair of the Fire Red 5s and I didnt buy them .I regret it. I miss those BAD. But yeah, they felt kinda hollow just like you said. Not quite like I remember. And the sole was a little hard from what I remember. THat's why I couldnt bring myself to spend the money on them, because they didnt FEEL the same. Maybe modern retroes just arent the same at all or maybe its 25 years of memories getting in the way.

I do have to give a shout out to Reebok here - their retro pumps also still feel amazing and I rock those a good amount.

I do have to give a shout out to Reebok here - their retro pumps also still feel amazing and I rock those a good amount.

Yes! Reeboks retros are for the most part mad comfy!

Regarding the 6s, the new retros are stiff as fk! Remember the retros from 2000, amazing comfort imo.

Reebok no matter OG or retro they have always got their upper materials nice and supple.

Just that I remember all too well the OG Reebok AXT Pump I had back in '91 came with a much more efficient pumping mechanism than the retros I've tried. I think Nike really got the Air Pressure retros pretty well made in both the soft upper and the pump mechanism. Mind you I've never had any of the OG Nike pump shoes back then but it felt really good once pumped up, including the one working Air Command Force retro I tried (I bought 3 of the colorways but had to return all of them partly due to the stiff materials and narrow toebox, the first two mainly due to leaking air bladders).

But I gotta say the Reebok Shaq Attaq retro I tried at the store didn't have comfy air bladders, took forever to pump up and squeaks when walking around, irritated one of my feet too.

Last edited:
Were these made in a size 14?

I had bought a 13 over a year ago that didn't fit so I returned them. Circling back now and can't find any.

Back
Top Bottom