OFFICIAL NIKE AIR COMMAND FORCE PUMP & 180 PUMP RETRO THREAD (**NEW ACTUAL PIC ON PG 1)

As long as the shoe is in one piece, and  doesn't fall apart when i put my foot in it ill be ok

i know it's foolish to spend that much if the shoe is made poorly, but there's just some shoes that make me look pass that, and this is one of em 
laugh.gif

i dont think i seen these pics posted yet

Last edited:
So the guys who dished out 300+, thought these would be hard to get fellas. And where's the dude who said these would be 300 retail? Happy every one got their shoes and didn't have to pay a reseller.

Darn. Shelflife shipped mine to the NETHERLANDS instead of NETHERLANDS ANTILLES. A 9000 km difference… oh the wait…

I'm about to order a pair but I'm still a bit worried about the fake leather because the price is quite steep:

- Will the fake leather Nike used on these hold up (can it take say a couple of years of casual wear + a game now and then?

- Are they actually as comfortable to wear as the early 90's high tops?

- Also, will the emeralds and the white/blue/red colourway also use fake leather or did we get confirmation that real leather will be used for the other colorways?

Thanks for your input

Thats what my reebok shock pad insoles are for :lol: worked for my carmines with the full length cement cushioning lol

I'm perrty sure they'll  use the same materials on the emeralds...  
Thanks,  figured as much. Wonder why they changed from real leather to the fake stuff. I it just to up the profit margins?

What do you guys expect in terms of the quality: Will these hold up (can it take say a couple of years of casual wear + a game now and then?

I saw a scorching review on youtube of some kid who complained about the shoes being uncomfortable and squeeking ...what's the general consensus among those who already own a pair? Are they comfy or a bit of a disappointment if you intend to wear them?

They definitely squeak like crazy. Like I said a few pages ago they feel thinner to me but feel good on the feet. I would not play basketball in them...but Id say thheyre definitely comfy enough for everyday wear. The grey leather material on the back is sturdy and good quality but the white leather is thinner than I remember. I have no problem with the quality but there is no way Id beat on them.

They definitely squeak like crazy. Like I said a few pages ago they feel thinner to me but feel good on the feet. I would not play basketball in them...but Id say thheyre definitely comfy enough for everyday wear. The grey leather material on the back is sturdy and good quality but the white leather is thinner than I remember. I have no problem with the quality but there is no way Id beat on them.
Shame about the squeak, that sounds so cheap. Do you reckon the squeak will die down with time?

Sorry for all the questions but I haven't owned proper high tops since the early 90's when Nike still used leather and a pair only set you back like $70 :smile:

I really dont know if the squeak might go away.

Understand that these are basically my grails. Between these, the 180s (which we will probably never see again) and the black infrareds....they define all that was great about Nike and bring back strong fond memories. I have no intention of beating on them. I will wear them but i do wanna try and keep them clean and crisp so I dont plan on putting them on all that often. I wanted these since 1990 and this might be the only pair I ever get.

I understand where you're coming from, it's exactly why I want a pair of these... I used to rock the Mach Force back in '91, simpler times and no worries about playing ball and squeaking back then....oh the advancements made :s Still, it's great to see that Nike is still able to retro these, if only they'd use the proper materials.

I understand where you're coming from, it's exactly why I want a pair of these... I used to rock the Mach Force back in '91, simpler times and no worries about playing ball and squeaking back then....oh the advancements made :s Still, it's great to see that Nike is still able to retro these, if only they'd use the proper materials.
Well if that's the case, you're an old-school sneakerhead and want some of your old favorites back, you'll be happy with them. Like I've said, they aren't DEAD on with materials but they do the job. They look fan-freaking-tastic and they're comfy and the pump works. You wont wanna beat on them by playing ball in them I don't think, but you will definitely feel like you got some dear old friends back. The colors are there, the stiffer plastic-type upper is there, that sooooft lining is there, the size is there, that massive thick tongue is there, these might not take the beating, maybe they would, but I don't wanna find out.

All I can say, after wanting my chance to buy them for over 20 years and having dropped more on them than any other sneaker, I am happy. I love 'em.

But I am also biased, obviously. I never thought Nike would put these out again, especially after the butchery that was the supposed 180s. Im so damn happy to get em full size with a working pump I'm grinning like a 12 year old. THAT'S what these are about to me.

Last edited:
I know it's been a long time since I've owned a pair of sky-tops, but I'm pretty sure back in the late 80s-early 90's the shoes squeaked..

Back
Top Bottom