Official Nike Air Griffey Max 1 Thread

Wouldn’t these be classified as trainers or something like that?

SP pair came in yesterday! Still waiting on SX pair….

340FF203-5A98-4525-966B-06F5FC050D0A.jpeg
Man those are so sweet... Definitely look extra clean with that jersey...

Man those are so sweet... Definitely look extra clean with that jersey...

You’re not lying! I fell in love with em as soon as I saw em!

AGM1 is my favorite non basketball silhouette and Giants are my favorite baseball team so this was a double up no brainer for me.

The only thing that is throwing me off somewhat is the white part on the shoe… wish it was also creamish color…

As corny as it sounds, this shoe is a dream come true for me. Definitely a win win 👌🏽

Best of both worlds sorta kinda... But yes Griffey was and still is my favorite player. I just wish I didn't sell my card collection of his cards years ago... These came out when I was in high school. 1st kid to burst through the double doors of the cafeteria and had the other kids staring...lol. To see the giants color on this silhouette is amazing...

They're definitely head turners and sleepers....

UnDS'd a pair of Royal AGM1's today (2016)... damn, I had forgotten how stiff the uppers were on new ones. 😅

These are my favorite in his line..

4E547170-74FA-4F06-8272-5D9B8BCAC929.jpeg

D92DC8EC-78EF-4C0A-9DD2-3A8CDA0DD1D0.jpeg
618BFBF4-7756-4803-9F53-2300B1A27E55.jpeg

I also like the Swingman Remix
83C3E22A-0453-46FE-A025-14B7A608DC22.jpeg

Some others -

Griffey GD 2
10ADDE30-0749-4113-813C-FBF63117B2DE.jpeg

5F866D5F-CAEB-413F-A135-368B9C8B523A.jpeg

Griffey G8
45CC0B72-267F-458A-9E1D-5E19164C3ADB.jpeg

There are more but those are some of my personal favorites. The naming of his cleats/shoes after the 3 gets hard to follow

I liked the Swingman Remix as well.
Wish we got this colorway!

Griffey - Mariners 2009 - 04a.jpg

I'm a Reds season ticket holder and one game during BP I asked Jr about the Remixes before anyone knew anything about them. When it was just us talking about the cleats on here. Absolutely blew his mind. At the time we weren't sure we were getting a trainer. He was the one that confirmed it directly to me. One of the coolest sneaker nerd moments I've ever had. :lol: :wow:

I'm a Reds season ticket holder and one game during BP I asked Jr about the Remixes before anyone knew anything about them. When it was just us talking about the cleats on here. Absolutely blew his mind. At the time we weren't sure we were getting a trainer. He was the one that confirmed it directly to me. One of the coolest sneaker nerd moments I've ever had. :lol: :wow:

This is awesome

This is awesome

His last few years here were pretty fun for me. For whatever reason, he would talk to me about shoes and stuff because he knew I wasn't going to bug him for an autograph. Just a couple of dudes bs'ing about a common interest. But the SECOND he knew somebody was about to run over and ask, he'd hit me with the deuces and head out.

His last few years here were pretty fun for me. For whatever reason, he would talk to me about shoes and stuff because he knew I wasn't going to bug him for an autograph. Just a couple of dudes bs'ing about a common interest. But the SECOND he knew somebody was about to run over and ask, he'd hit me with the deuces and head out.
Griffey signed a ball for me when I was in the hospital as a kid. I had a friend whose dad worked for the team, Griffey had only been in cincy for like a month or 2. Friend gets me tickets to the game, and delivers a ball signed by Griffey in the 7th inning stretch. Made me a fan for life, even having just arrived in the city he took the time to sign a ball for a sick kid. Good guy KGJ.

Griffey signed a ball for me when I was in the hospital as a kid. I had a friend whose dad worked for the team, Griffey had only been in cincy for like a month or 2. Friend gets me tickets to the game, and delivers a ball signed by Griffey in the 7th inning stretch. Made me a fan for life, even having just arrived in the city he took the time to sign a ball for a sick kid. Good guy KGJ.

Sounds about right! People were so shtty to him during his time here. I can't blame him for not necessarily wanting to acknowledge it. I was at King's Island one night, and he had rented the whole place out after hours for a group of underprivileged kids. We passed them coming in as we were leaving. He quietly did so much around here and never wanted any credit or press about it.

Also shoutout Barry Larkin, Pete Harnisch, and Sean Casey, they all signed the ball as well. And I know this sounds insane, but Sean Casey came to my tee-ball practice after I got out of surgery and was healed up. I missed most of the season but made it back for the end, and ****in Sean Casey shows up to a practice. Even signed me a teeball haha. Some incredibly special humans on those early 2000s reds teams... So bring back red Griffeys!

Attachments

• PXL_20220914_185138850.jpg
    PXL_20220914_185138850.jpg
    383.9 KB · Views: 487
Last edited:
Also shoutout Barry Larkin, Pete Harnisch, and Sean Casey, they all signed the ball as well. And I know this sounds insane, but Sean Casey came to my tee-ball practice after I got out of surgery and was healed up. I missed most of the season but made it back for the end, and ****in Sean Casey shows up to a practice. Even signed me a teeball haha. Some incredibly special humans on those early 2000s reds teams... So bring back red Griffeys!

Casey is an incredible human being, too. He helps run the Miracle League of South Hills in Pittsburgh. It's a baseball league for kids and younh adults with special needs. Has a big gala and auction to help raise funds every year.

Back
Top Bottom