Official Nike Air Griffey Max 1 Thread

2023-world-baseball-classic-quarterfinal-team-puerto-rico-v-team-mexico.webp

2023-world-baseball-classic-quarterfinal-team-puerto-rico-v-team-mexico.webp

no to throw this topic off but man I’d kill for some Griffey max 3 retros. Always felt like those were extremely underrated. A lot of people don’t really dig them and I can understand that because they’re definitely a departure from the first two models but I think they look really good and I’d like to have a few pairs of the OG colorways

Alright, since Nike dropped the Cincinnatis on the site, and they're starting to pop up more places, I guess I can finally share the story on them.

They almost got canceled altogether. They're supposed to be a tribute to Ken Sr, and were supposed to have a 30 on the strap. Apparently Junior was pretty adamant about that detail, and whoever was supposed to be in charge of it at Nike either forgot or just didn't pay attention to the request and sent them to production with the 24. Junior was pretty pissed at them over it, and it nearly derailed the whole shoe.

They almost got canceled altogether. They're supposed to be a tribute to Ken Sr, and were supposed to have a 30 on the strap. Apparently Junior was pretty adamant about that detail, and whoever was supposed to be in charge of it at Nike either forgot or just didn't pay attention to the request and sent them to production with the 24. Junior was pretty pissed at them over it, and it nearly derailed the whole shoe.

Wow wild story - the upside here is that Nike will need to do right by griffey and create yet another colorway in tribute of pops!

Back
Top Bottom