Official Nike Air Griffey Max 1 Thread

They have been making Retros more comfortable within the last couple of years. Of course they never seem to get it right with the More Uptempo

Gonna see if the remaining spots have these. All the Mom and Pop spots that sold early closed down for good.

All in the BX? :nerd:

I saw a guy post in a FB group yesterday that these are comfy. I mean everyone feet are different, but I've never heard anyone say that these are comfy before then.

I can't take anyone's word on comfort serious.

Back in high school, this girl who sat next to me and a classmate knew we liked shoes. She would always give him a hard time for buying a Jordan that cost x amount of $. When she can "buy like 5 pairs of converse, and they're way more comfy".

I couldn't take anyone serious about a shoes comfort since that day.

Don’t fret, you get another chance on the 15th, I think they will sit because people will coo the Carmines.
Unfortunately Carmines have no gague on these as far as if they will be a difficult release. Carmines are 13th and these are the 15th.

I understand what your saying, why I’m trying to say as far as ease of copping goes is that some people won’t be copping 2 OG CW shoes in such a short time span.... I’m trying to cop 3 of these and 3-4 Carmines if they let me lol

I understand what your saying, why I’m trying to say as far as ease of copping goes is that some people won’t be copping 2 OG CW shoes in such a short time span.... I’m trying to cop 3 of these and 3-4 Carmines if they let me lol
These are also releasing FCFS at many spots so I doubt the numbers are too low to cause any real issues but now days its impossible to tell until they release. Sucks

Oh damn! I almost forgot that some footstores released these waaaay too early at their brick and mortar stores m as well.... so their stock in hand is not good to begin with!

excited for this one, only a few days away.

If anyone is into matching fitted caps with sneakers, I have a good option for the AGM1. Shoot me a message.

Ill believe they are a little more confortable since Nikes cushion has gotten better overall but can’t see it being that different. They cut corners all the time everywhere they can.

Unfortunately Carmines have no gague on these as far as if they will be a difficult release. Carmines are 13th and these are the 15th.

The AM 90s Infras are more popular than the Griffs and I didn't have a tough time copping via SNKRS. Not saying that's the gauge, but to provide an idea.

If you want them cop on release. Even if they "sit" they won't hit discount. Nike makes lower numbers of non-Jordan retros because 5 years ago people all had the "I don't NEED these. I'll wait for them to hit discount" mentality and Nike realized stuff sat way too long. Now they make half the quantity so don't sit around feeling dumb bc you passed and they're nowhere to be found.

Thierry Henry Thierry Henry Yeah. Most of them are chains now. But those Mom and Pop spots that get their own out of the mud are done.

the Heights don’t have anymore of them along St Nick going North and South bound.

Peeped this a while ago. All them spots RIP'd and it was sad because it was a great place to get things sometimes early and negotiate. They did this to themselves in a way though because those places started paying attention to the internet and started pricing their stuff even higher than Ebay/SX etc.

I moved to BK in 2014 and finally stumbled upon the Fulton strip and the spots there either have what's in my closet, are charging higher than FC, or are selling fakes and they probably don't even know it.

Typing this, I wouldn't be surprised if some of those places just turned into personal resellers. The overhead cost of rent for a slew of those places on the Fordham road strip was probably not cost effective.

Peeped this a while ago. All them spots RIP'd and it was sad because it was a great place to get things sometimes early and negotiate. They did this to themselves in a way though because those places started paying attention to the internet and started pricing their stuff even higher than Ebay/SX etc.

I moved to BK in 2014 and finally stumbled upon the Fulton strip and the spots there either have what's in my closet, are charging higher than FC, or are selling fakes and they probably don't even know it.

Typing this, I wouldn't be surprised if some of those places just turned into personal resellers. The overhead cost of rent for a slew of those places on the Fordham road strip was probably not cost effective.

Those spots in Bklyn used to crack me up with their prices. :rofl:.

I never thought about that possibility that those same store owners etc possibly decided to be their own reseller. Rent indeed in the Fordham vicinity is high especially when you’re competing against nearby chain spots. I can count 1 remaining spot that’s on their own and their prices are hilarious plus they hire workers who work cheap and for sneakers (none of them are black so guess their ethnicity).

it’s funny too because I did notice that the owners and employees of those spots here in the Bronx in the Fordham vicinity started to get ready stank and uppity with their customer service and prices.

there was a spot on grand concourse In the Fordham section that I used to buy from for a long time. From LeBron 5 up until 2016 when they got the 2016 Nike all star pack, but like you said once the sneaker thing and prices started bubbling things changed.

Co-Sign! I had the black/red pair back then(9th grade year) and man, felt like you could feel every rock under your foot. Hence, why I haven’t purchased any of the recent Jordan 1 retro’s. I do want the 2015 Chicago colorway, though.

Yup :lol:

I had some 1's back in 03 in 9th grade and wore 'em maybe 4 times and I was done.

I checked the app and it says nobody around me is getting them. I might have to call a little later today.

I really want to go for these but I need to find which store in Phoenix getting them. I don’t want to try SNKRS

Back
Top Bottom