OFFICIAL NIKE AIR MAG THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still pissed i cant bid on these!! Damn living in australia!! HahaWish i could get these(not paying 10gs that dude wants off ebay)

Still pissed i cant bid on these!! Damn living in australia!! HahaWish i could get these(not paying 10gs that dude wants off ebay)

Originally Posted by Mugen EP

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

^Are we seeing high setting proxy bids at the beginning of the day or more of a snipe fest at the end? I just wonder how long some of these high bidders stay up top. or what the best method is.
Mostly last minute bids.

I dont recommend a high proxy bid because you could get locked into a specifc pair which could cause you to pay more than fair market value. I had posted this earlier but I will post again.

On Day 2 a pair of Size 11's for example, the top pair sold for $10,200 while the remaining 29 pairs sold for an avg of $4,399.23. Looks like a couple of guys just kept going at it over that specific pair and the "winner" ended up paying much higher than avg market value. Don't end up being that guy. 

I don't think that is the case though. This is a charity auction let's not forget. So some people. celebs/athletes WILL DROP CASH FOR THE CAUSE.
This means that if I'm Steve Nash and I want to help the MJF's charity, I would bid MY DONATION and hope that it wins. He might have a second
ebay account come at him to drive the price up.

I refuse to believe that there's a moron on ebay who'll pay more for a single item when there's 20 pairs with a lower value. It makes no sense.

I want to believe that there's a smart guy who wants to donate money than a dumb guy who accidentally paid 3x the going rate when there's 29 other pairs
available.

With that said, great job on the graphs Mugen. I also agree with the reverse bell curve. I do think people will start to panic buy these bad boys on the last
days of bidding.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

^Are we seeing high setting proxy bids at the beginning of the day or more of a snipe fest at the end? I just wonder how long some of these high bidders stay up top. or what the best method is.
Mostly last minute bids.

I dont recommend a high proxy bid because you could get locked into a specifc pair which could cause you to pay more than fair market value. I had posted this earlier but I will post again.

On Day 2 a pair of Size 11's for example, the top pair sold for $10,200 while the remaining 29 pairs sold for an avg of $4,399.23. Looks like a couple of guys just kept going at it over that specific pair and the "winner" ended up paying much higher than avg market value. Don't end up being that guy. 

I don't think that is the case though. This is a charity auction let's not forget. So some people. celebs/athletes WILL DROP CASH FOR THE CAUSE.
This means that if I'm Steve Nash and I want to help the MJF's charity, I would bid MY DONATION and hope that it wins. He might have a second

I refuse to believe that there's a moron on ebay who'll pay more for a single item when there's 20 pairs with a lower value. It makes no sense.

I want to believe that there's a smart guy who wants to donate money than a dumb guy who accidentally paid 3x the going rate when there's 29 other pairs
available.

With that said, great job on the graphs Mugen. I also agree with the reverse bell curve. I do think people will start to panic buy these bad boys on the last
days of bidding.

Mugen EP
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SINcereOne03

Day 3:
Highest winning bid $5,415.00 for a size 11. Lowest winning bid $2,600.00 for a size 8.

Total amount raised per day:
Day 1 = $911,927.34
Day 2 = $647,539.91
Day 3 = $501,910.05
Total = $2,061,377.30

Here you can see the Day to Day varience:

Here is the Data graphed out:

thanks Mugen...turning out to be my air mag broker..Even brought out the charts though??  Thanks again
Major props. Thanks for all the help

Originally Posted by SINcereOne03

Day 3:
Highest winning bid $5,415.00 for a size 11. Lowest winning bid $2,600.00 for a size 8.

Day 1 = $911,927.34
Day 2 = $647,539.91
Day 3 = $501,910.05
Total = $2,061,377.30

thanks Mugen...turning out to be my air mag broker..Even brought out the charts though??  Thanks again
Major props. Thanks for all the help

Good stuff Mugen EP...you put that spreadsheet to work!

I think the downward trend will continue for a few more days
But the prices will spike again as we get closer to day 10

Good stuff Mugen EP...you put that spreadsheet to work!

I think the downward trend will continue for a few more days
But the prices will spike again as we get closer to day 10

Day 3:

Day 1 = $911,927.34
Day 2 = $647,539.91
Day 3 = $501,910.05
Total = $2,061,377.30

Thank You Sir!!....i'm REALLY loving how there's so many NT'ers helping out the community lately
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Day 3:

Day 1 = $911,927.34
Day 2 = $647,539.91
Day 3 = $501,910.05
Total = $2,061,377.30

Thank You Sir!!....i'm REALLY loving how there's so many NT'ers helping out the community lately
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

WallyHopp wrote:

Mostly last minute bids.

available.

days of bidding.

Exactly what I was going to say. These highbids are not from sneaker heads, just people with money that want to donate to the cause. I'm sure their priority isn't to get their size at the lowest price possible.

WallyHopp wrote:

Mostly last minute bids.

available.

days of bidding.

Exactly what I was going to say. These highbids are not from sneaker heads, just people with money that want to donate to the cause. I'm sure their priority isn't to get their size at the lowest price possible.

I wonder what they're gonna do with the pairs not sold due to deadbeat bidders. 

Imagine going to the local nike outlet and seeing them on the shelf!
eek.gif

I wonder what they're gonna do with the pairs not sold due to deadbeat bidders. 

Imagine going to the local nike outlet and seeing them on the shelf!
eek.gif

Originally Posted by djuzi05

Mostly last minute bids.

available.

days of bidding.
I agree. This is  "like" a charity auction. My pops has a non profit organization. He used to have these all the time. He would pull in an average of 1.5mil for 1k in crap. His celebrity auctions were bananas. A local older lady went for 900K. Her family owns half of Houston. All the winning bidders would get was a handshake from the celebrity and a thanks. I never understood it then but I do now. 

Mostly last minute bids.

available.

days of bidding.
I agree. This is  "like" a charity auction. My pops has a non profit organization. He used to have these all the time. He would pull in an average of 1.5mil for 1k in crap. His celebrity auctions were bananas. A local older lady went for 900K. Her family owns half of Houston. All the winning bidders would get was a handshake from the celebrity and a thanks. I never understood it then but I do now. 

Mostly last minute bids.

available.

days of bidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom