OFFICIAL NIKE AIR MAG THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by djuzi05

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

Originally Posted by Mugen EP

Mostly last minute bids.

I dont recommend a high proxy bid because you could get locked into a specifc pair which could cause you to pay more than fair market value. I had posted this earlier but I will post again.

On Day 2 a pair of Size 11's for example, the top pair sold for $10,200 while the remaining 29 pairs sold for an avg of $4,399.23. Looks like a couple of guys just kept going at it over that specific pair and the "winner" ended up paying much higher than avg market value. Don't end up being that guy. 

I don't think that is the case though. This is a charity auction let's not forget. So some people. celebs/athletes WILL DROP CASH FOR THE CAUSE.
This means that if I'm Steve Nash and I want to help the MJF's charity, I would bid MY DONATION and hope that it wins. He might have a second
ebay account come at him to drive the price up.

I refuse to believe that there's a moron on ebay who'll pay more for a single item when there's 20 pairs with a lower value. It makes no sense.

I want to believe that there's a smart guy who wants to donate money than a dumb guy who accidentally paid 3x the going rate when there's 29 other pairs
available.

With that said, great job on the graphs Mugen. I also agree with the reverse bell curve. I do think people will start to panic buy these bad boys on the last
days of bidding.
Exactly what I was going to say. These highbids are not from sneaker heads, just people with money that want to donate to the cause. I'm sure their priority isn't to get their size at the lowest price possible.
I agree. This is  "like" a charity auction. My pops has a non profit organization. He used to have these all the time. He would pull in an average of 1.5mil for 1k in crap. His celebrity auctions were bananas. A local older lady went for 900K. Her family owns half of Houston. All the winning bidders would get was a handshake from the celebrity and a thanks. I never understood it then but I do now. 

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

Mugen EP
pimp.gif

Thanks for the trends and graphs! Can your model predict the best day and time to bid?

Just bid on a pair... If any pairs dip below $2,000 then I'm def. gonna be owning a pair of these.

Just bid on a pair... If any pairs dip below $2,000 then I'm def. gonna be owning a pair of these.

Originally Posted by RhInoSpOrt

Mugen EP
pimp.gif

Thanks for the trends and graphs! Can your model predict the best day and time to bid?

No worries.

Unfortunately there just arent enough data points to get a true trendline. As I stated earlier I estimate the graph will end up being a reverse bell curve with the best deals coming days 5 and 6.

I can't predict best time to bid but I think as with everything Ebay, sniping is the best policy.

If you do plan on bidding I would say to follow this:
1. Sort you size by lowest total price.
2. See how many total pairs there are and target 2-4 pairs to go after (depending on your size). They actually changed the number of pairs avail per size on Day 3.

Day 1 & 2                                                         Day 3 
Size 7 - Qty 13                                                  Size 7 - Qty 6
Size 8 - Qty 13                                                  Size 8 - Qty 26
Size 9 - Qty 30                                                  Size 9 - Qty 32
Size 10 - Qty 40                                                Size 10 - Qty 35
Size 11 - Qty 30                                                Size 11 - Qty 25
Size 12 - Qty 15                                                Size 12 - Qty 14
Size 13 - Qty 9                                                  Size 13 - Qty 12

3. When selecting your pairs to target, DO NOT target the bottom 20% in terms of price. Reason, everyother person sniping is looking at those pairs and they tend to end higher than the pairs in the 20% - 30% range which start slightly higher but the ending price doesnt jump up as much towards the end. 

4. WEAR your pair of Air Mags.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Mugen EP
pimp.gif

No worries.

Unfortunately there just arent enough data points to get a true trendline. As I stated earlier I estimate the graph will end up being a reverse bell curve with the best deals coming days 5 and 6.

I can't predict best time to bid but I think as with everything Ebay, sniping is the best policy.

If you do plan on bidding I would say to follow this:
1. Sort you size by lowest total price.
2. See how many total pairs there are and target 2-4 pairs to go after (depending on your size). They actually changed the number of pairs avail per size on Day 3.

Day 1 & 2                                                         Day 3 
Size 7 - Qty 13                                                  Size 7 - Qty 6
Size 8 - Qty 13                                                  Size 8 - Qty 26
Size 9 - Qty 30                                                  Size 9 - Qty 32
Size 10 - Qty 40                                                Size 10 - Qty 35
Size 11 - Qty 30                                                Size 11 - Qty 25
Size 12 - Qty 15                                                Size 12 - Qty 14
Size 13 - Qty 9                                                  Size 13 - Qty 12

3. When selecting your pairs to target, DO NOT target the bottom 20% in terms of price. Reason, everyother person sniping is looking at those pairs and they tend to end higher than the pairs in the 20% - 30% range which start slightly higher but the ending price doesnt jump up as much towards the end. 

4. WEAR your pair of Air Mags.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

^^ 430 going all in again!!

laugh.gif

I need a pair of these bad... I plan on opening an office for my biz and seeing this pair in a display case once clients walk in is gonna be cherry. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^^ 430 going all in again!!

laugh.gif

I need a pair of these bad... I plan on opening an office for my biz and seeing this pair in a display case once clients walk in is gonna be cherry. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Not sure if this has been answered or not but what are the starting price of the bids?

Not sure if this has been answered or not but what are the starting price of the bids?

Is anyone who is planning on buying these bidding on their size or would u just got for a size 7 since its the cheapest and i believe most would buy it for display purposes right

Is anyone who is planning on buying these bidding on their size or would u just got for a size 7 since its the cheapest and i believe most would buy it for display purposes right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom