OFFICIAL NIKE AIR MAG THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I missing something or does hype actually exist for this?  This is beyond gimmicky to me.  I mean if these were put out by Reebok, Adidas, or anyone other than Nike, would anyone care?

There's too much hype on these already, but that's to be expected with a shoe with such anticipation around it. I just hope nike has a good 10k to go around

Am I missing something or does hype actually exist for this?  This is beyond gimmicky to me.  I mean if these were put out by Reebok, Adidas, or anyone other than Nike, would anyone care?

Originally Posted by Mjmvp23

Am I the only one that thinks that picture posted last page looks iffy? Looks like %!%# to me.

*Waits for Letterman Show.*

no, i felt that way too... the upper material doesnt look right and theres no lights... but im gonna withhold judgement til we see detailed pics

There's too much hype on these already, but that's to be expected with a shoe with such anticipation around it. I just hope nike has a good 10k to go around

Originally Posted by Mjmvp23

Am I the only one that thinks that picture posted last page looks iffy? Looks like %!%# to me.

*Waits for Letterman Show.*

no, i felt that way too... the upper material doesnt look right and theres no lights... but im gonna withhold judgement til we see detailed pics

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Hype does exist for these...lol

I have 1k right now for a pair...
roll.gif

Hype does exist for these...lol

I have 1k right now for a pair...
roll.gif

I'm as excited as any other child-of-the-80's who grew up watching the BTTF movies and wanting those as a kid. I remember wanting other high-tops back then (like the Air Pressure, Air Command Force, Air Force V High, etc) cuz they vaguely resembled them...

Having said that, given how it looks like Nike will be handling this release (limited this, limited that), I've accepted that I will not be able to get these... 
ohwell.gif

I'm as excited as any other child-of-the-80's who grew up watching the BTTF movies and wanting those as a kid. I remember wanting other high-tops back then (like the Air Pressure, Air Command Force, Air Force V High, etc) cuz they vaguely resembled them...

Having said that, given how it looks like Nike will be handling this release (limited this, limited that), I've accepted that I will not be able to get these... 
ohwell.gif

As someone pointed out in the Retro forum, this potential release far expands beyond just "sneakerheads" and shoe enthusiast though. Tech Savvy blog and web sites that have little to no interest in the sneaker culture have already gotten wind of these shoes. Which means it will cross over all dynamics of people and trends and ultimately may became one of the greatest releases in history. I'm not a hype machine nor do I endorse creating such ... but it is what it is. Undoubtedly this will be the greatest release of my lifetime and as an 80's baby I can fully understand why there will be an insurmountable global hype for this shoe.     

As someone pointed out in the Retro forum, this potential release far expands beyond just "sneakerheads" and shoe enthusiast though. Tech Savvy blog and web sites that have little to no interest in the sneaker culture have already gotten wind of these shoes. Which means it will cross over all dynamics of people and trends and ultimately may became one of the greatest releases in history. I'm not a hype machine nor do I endorse creating such ... but it is what it is. Undoubtedly this will be the greatest release of my lifetime and as an 80's baby I can fully understand why there will be an insurmountable global hype for this shoe.     

Originally Posted by SinnerP

ohwell.gif
Agreed.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

ohwell.gif
Agreed.

Twitter:

@AirMag Tinker made me Self Lace... Marty made me Fly... You'll make me Iconic....Again... #BTTF

@AirMag 11hours 30minutes & 57..56..seconds No Rush though we have all the "Time" in the world... Or do we... 10:21:12 #BTTF

@AirMag If you don't dock it... You can't rock it #ChargingStation

Twitter:

@AirMag Tinker made me Self Lace... Marty made me Fly... You'll make me Iconic....Again... #BTTF

@AirMag 11hours 30minutes & 57..56..seconds No Rush though we have all the "Time" in the world... Or do we... 10:21:12 #BTTF

@AirMag If you don't dock it... You can't rock it #ChargingStation

Originally Posted by treewing

The Mags in the promo video look like there made of MUCH better quality than the pair from that other video. The promo ones look like they're made of a nubuck or suede whereas the other ones look like they're made of that weird foamy Nike Presto material lol...

I'm RIDICULOUSLY excited. A couple years ago I was bidding on the BTTF fitted lenticular hat but cancelled my order because the seller was being weird about sizes. Anywho.. COPPED.
The MAGS in the promo vid look like straight CGI imo. Cosign on the Presto neoprene looking material on those other pairs tho.

Originally Posted by treewing

The Mags in the promo video look like there made of MUCH better quality than the pair from that other video. The promo ones look like they're made of a nubuck or suede whereas the other ones look like they're made of that weird foamy Nike Presto material lol...

I'm RIDICULOUSLY excited. A couple years ago I was bidding on the BTTF fitted lenticular hat but cancelled my order because the seller was being weird about sizes. Anywho.. COPPED.
The MAGS in the promo vid look like straight CGI imo. Cosign on the Presto neoprene looking material on those other pairs tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom