OFFICIAL NIKE AIR MAG THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by carlosmex76

Originally Posted by metallic

Via KATC

Just got some inside info on the release of the Nike Air Mag, and while I won't give everything away, here are a couple of tidbits. The Nike Air Mag is looking like it will be an eBay exclusive that will go to benefit the Michael J. Fox Foundation. Michael J. Fox himself will be on the David Letterman show tonight to provide more details so be sure to tune in for all the details.

Looks like it will be a charity event.
Good for the Foundation, if this is true then we all are F...
mad.gif

I hope this isn't true. It makes sense, but we could see pairs going for well over a $1000, only to later see a BIN for the same pair at $5000. This could get ugly.

In a way, it levels the playing field. The campers and would be money makers are taken out of the mix. The people who don't live near a special shop or HOH have just a good as a chance as anyone. Lastly, it's for a good cause. I don't see the problem.

The shoes will be up to the people who want them the most.

As with all things on eBay....if you got outbid, you didn't want them as bad as someone else.

In a way, it levels the playing field. The campers and would be money makers are taken out of the mix. The people who don't live near a special shop or HOH have just a good as a chance as anyone. Lastly, it's for a good cause. I don't see the problem.

As with all things on eBay....if you got outbid, you didn't want them as bad as someone else.

^ Yep. Having it on ebay will hopefully filter-out the resellers... and if its for a charitable cause, that's fine by me.

^ Yep. Having it on ebay will hopefully filter-out the resellers... and if its for a charitable cause, that's fine by me.

^ u have a point it does level the playing field, so everyone has a chance at getting a pair, instead of hypebeats standing in lines for 2 weeks. But it also screws a couple of us because there is no retail price. From what I have read the most NT members are willing to pay is 500-1000 which is reasonable, but now since it's eBay people can bid what they went, most of us have a limit while there are others that have no limit. Also about being outbid meaning we didn't want them as bad as someone else isn't necessarily true, they could just have more $ than me. Im not dropping 5000 dollars on a pair of kicks.

man perfect time to loose my job.....
ohwell.gif
.. i may need to go to the unemployment office after all until i find another job....

man perfect time to loose my job.....
ohwell.gif
.. i may need to go to the unemployment office after all until i find another job....

^ u have a point it does level the playing field, so everyone has a chance at getting a pair, instead of hypebeats standing in lines for 2 weeks. But it also screws a couple of us because there is no retail price. From what I have read the most NT members are willing to pay is 500-1000 which is reasonable, but now since it's eBay people can bid what they went, most of us have a limit while there are others that have no limit. Also about being outbid meaning we didn't want them as bad as someone else isn't necessarily true, they could just have more $ than me. Im not dropping 5000 dollars on a pair of kicks.

ppl that will not have the money to buy are goign to try and trade their whole collection for a pair of these lol. I would like to have a pair but only time will tell i guess

ppl that will not have the money to buy are goign to try and trade their whole collection for a pair of these lol. I would like to have a pair but only time will tell i guess

Originally Posted by heelntoe wit my nyks

Thats ridiculous, I hate it when people makes this argument.
Really wanting them and not having the funds to get them are two totally different things.

I know how much I'm willing to pay for these, but I also know how much I can actually afford to pay for these.

If their is a stupid auction I will try my luck, but if they hit that $,000+ mark I'm out.

Originally Posted by heelntoe wit my nyks

Thats ridiculous, I hate it when people makes this argument.
Really wanting them and not having the funds to get them are two totally different things.

I know how much I'm willing to pay for these, but I also know how much I can actually afford to pay for these.

If their is a stupid auction I will try my luck, but if they hit that $,000+ mark I'm out.

I was born in '84. Please believe I'm getting a kid to line up for me. If you over 25, and you ain't got that kind of chip. You failed at life.

I was born in '84. Please believe I'm getting a kid to line up for me. If you over 25, and you ain't got that kind of chip. You failed at life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom