OFFICIAL NIKE AIR MAG THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by MDkicks

I would never wear these shoes first of all. But I definitely respect te fact that they are for charity. I disrespect ignorant people who want to flip them for a profit. Thats awful. Don't bid on them if that's what u want. Let someone who will pay top dollar to have them at thier house to replicate a good deed they did. And I hope that if you do get your 4 pairs for 5k each that you try to sell them and the highest bids are $500. There's other way to make money. Reselling shoes for profit is cheap and pathetic. I could NEVER sell a pair of my shoes for a penny over retail. Get a real job, or gamble your money in Vegas, or be an angel investor. Do something constructive with your money. This is not a pair of shoes to be a reseller.

laugh.gif
at this guy hurting over a pair of sneakers...they're just sneakers man...plus the guy who buys five pairs of these is donating more money to charity than almost all NTers have in their life...let the guy do his thing

This is nike just positioning themselves. They're telling the world: "we can do this actually. we're the sh*t!"
this will pave the way for real high tech stuff.

They don't NEED to profit off of these shoes. They're just doing this for the positive PR and the fact that they're
practically owning the industry 100 folds with these shoes.

As for 2015, can't wait to see what we get by then. The lunar and hyperfuse/flywire will end eventually. We will
see another tech from them and the Air Mag could be their starting point moving forward.

This is nike just positioning themselves. They're telling the world: "we can do this actually. we're the sh*t!"
this will pave the way for real high tech stuff.

They don't NEED to profit off of these shoes. They're just doing this for the positive PR and the fact that they're
practically owning the industry 100 folds with these shoes.

As for 2015, can't wait to see what we get by then. The lunar and hyperfuse/flywire will end eventually. We will
see another tech from them and the Air Mag could be their starting point moving forward.

ok, tinker said they definitely won't re-release in 2015. so why then do they keep saying "wait until 2015 for auto-lacing"? why does it need to come out in 2015 then?

it'll be cool but if it's not introduced on this shoe it's not gonna be as big of an impact, that's for sure.

i still say they're gonna re-release in 2015 with full on power lacing.

gonna be tons and tons of angry people who can't afford these, like damn near everyone who ever signed that petition... LOL!

ok, tinker said they definitely won't re-release in 2015. so why then do they keep saying "wait until 2015 for auto-lacing"? why does it need to come out in 2015 then?

it'll be cool but if it's not introduced on this shoe it's not gonna be as big of an impact, that's for sure.

gonna be tons and tons of angry people who can't afford these, like damn near everyone who ever signed that petition... LOL!

FML! what the %%$@ man! Nike is killin me. I can't keep up. This is wrong! Why would they do us like this? Releasing the ultimate holy grail marty mcfly this year? out of nowhere just like that? Just now heard about this watching the NEWS on msnbc! Enough is enough man! I'm getting info on nike releases on the news now? What the hell! Come on man! Im so salty. On top of everything else droppin this year (Concords, yeezys, BC3, etc.) including what I've already copped, now I have to worry and be frustated about these releasing. What is Nike trying to stack up for? Nike is raping us the consumer, by releaesing all these shoes this year! I can't take it. I'm bout to cry
frown.gif

FML! what the %%$@ man! Nike is killin me. I can't keep up. This is wrong! Why would they do us like this? Releasing the ultimate holy grail marty mcfly this year? out of nowhere just like that? Just now heard about this watching the NEWS on msnbc! Enough is enough man! I'm getting info on nike releases on the news now? What the hell! Come on man! Im so salty. On top of everything else droppin this year (Concords, yeezys, BC3, etc.) including what I've already copped, now I have to worry and be frustated about these releasing. What is Nike trying to stack up for? Nike is raping us the consumer, by releaesing all these shoes this year! I can't take it. I'm bout to cry
frown.gif

Originally Posted by sorianotron

Are there any plans to ever release them as a regular release later on in the future?

No. To preserve the value of what people will spend for these shoes and the money that will — and hopefully, again, that’ll be as much as we can get for each shoe, so the amount of money to charity is the most we can come up with — In order to preserve that, we’re not going to re-release this shoe and we’re not going to commercialize it any further. What you will see, though, probably sometime in the future is that there will be some– this shoe has already helped inspire some unique design features on some new shoes and we are committed to designing shoes in the future that do come alive and do sense your body and do certain things, so this is a precursor to the future of probably all athletic shoes we design.

-Tinker

laugh.gif

Chances are the shoe with "power lace tech" will look like a Prius, aka ugly as #@%^.

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

i hope he means this exact auction edition thst wont re release and means the real power laces will

i hope he means this exact auction edition thst wont re release and means the real power laces will

Originally Posted by sorianotron

Are there any plans to ever release them as a regular release later on in the future?

No. To preserve the value of what people will spend for these shoes and the money that will — and hopefully, again, that’ll be as much as we can get for each shoe, so the amount of money to charity is the most we can come up with — In order to preserve that, we’re not going to re-release this shoe and we’re not going to commercialize it any further. What you will see, though, probably sometime in the future is that there will be some– this shoe has already helped inspire some unique design features on some new shoes and we are committed to designing shoes in the future that do come alive and do sense your body and do certain things, so this is a precursor to the future of probably all athletic shoes we design.

-Tinker

laugh.gif

Chances are the shoe with "power lace tech" will look like a Prius, aka ugly as #@%^.

Originally Posted by Jordan0589

perhaps they will release but be altered, and of course it will piss everyone off.
laugh.gif

they just need to re-release them as-is but with power lacing and tell the people who bought these 2011 editions to shut up cuz they helped a good cause.

perhaps they will release but be altered, and of course it will piss everyone off.
laugh.gif

they just need to re-release them as-is but with power lacing and tell the people who bought these 2011 editions to shut up cuz they helped a good cause.

i'm just saying... how ILL do these look on feet while he doesn't have them power laced, but all loose, on the left side of this pic?!?

i LOVE this look:

mcfly2.jpg

i'm just saying... how ILL do these look on feet while he doesn't have them power laced, but all loose, on the left side of this pic?!?

i LOVE this look:

mcfly2.jpg

They can get mad whatever they want but a general release for a few hundred bucks compared to their stacks aint nothin, if they still makin that much in 4 years they can buy multiple pairs at any given moment

They can get mad whatever they want but a general release for a few hundred bucks compared to their stacks aint nothin, if they still makin that much in 4 years they can buy multiple pairs at any given moment

I dunno, as much as it is a good thing that the proceeds go to charity this feels like a slap in the face to the true "sneakerhead". I mean, the people that have lobbied and petitioned for this shoe to be released, the people who have been waiting with baited breath for over 20 years, they suddenly miss out on getting a pair of these. Because let's be honest; how many of us on this board REALLY have $4000,- lying around to spend on a pair of shoes (that are not wearable may I add), I mean really? They could have just released this as a QS, hell even as a GR with a slightly price-tag and still donated the proceeds. The more you sell, the more you make, right?

I dunno, as much as it is a good thing that the proceeds go to charity this feels like a slap in the face to the true "sneakerhead". I mean, the people that have lobbied and petitioned for this shoe to be released, the people who have been waiting with baited breath for over 20 years, they suddenly miss out on getting a pair of these. Because let's be honest; how many of us on this board REALLY have $4000,- lying around to spend on a pair of shoes (that are not wearable may I add), I mean really? They could have just released this as a QS, hell even as a GR with a slightly price-tag and still donated the proceeds. The more you sell, the more you make, right?

what? 

what? 

i LOVE this look:

mcfly2.jpg

jus gotta let the battery die out hahaha

i LOVE this look:

mcfly2.jpg

jus gotta let the battery die out hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom