OFFICIAL NIKE AIR MAG THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Originally Posted by jca998

I'm glad that all of the proceeds go to Michael J. Fox's Foundation.

But...

I'm actually quite disappointed in Tinker Hatfield. As a fellow Architect/Engineer...he has had plenty of time to design, redesign and perfect the power lacing system.

Its been done by amateurs with little to no budgets and he has all of Nike's money and resources at his disposal.
It's not like he's been working hard on any new releases for Jordan Brand, they've been releasing the same garbage retro crap for years.

All in all, great for charity.

Preach! 
Tinker is a scumbag, yeah he designed some shoes in the late 80s and early 90s but thats where the road ended for dude. 

He should retire for good.  
Totally agreed. Nike makes Apple look like rocket scientists.

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Originally Posted by jca998

I'm glad that all of the proceeds go to Michael J. Fox's Foundation.

But...

I'm actually quite disappointed in Tinker Hatfield. As a fellow Architect/Engineer...he has had plenty of time to design, redesign and perfect the power lacing system.

Its been done by amateurs with little to no budgets and he has all of Nike's money and resources at his disposal.
It's not like he's been working hard on any new releases for Jordan Brand, they've been releasing the same garbage retro crap for years.

All in all, great for charity.

Preach! 
Tinker is a scumbag, yeah he designed some shoes in the late 80s and early 90s but thats where the road ended for dude. 

He should retire for good.  
Totally agreed. Nike makes Apple look like rocket scientists.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Originally Posted by DRO3000

Why does everyone keep saying theyre not wearable???

There is nothing to suggest you can't wear them but they did say that they don't recommend wearing when playing sports.
Q: WERE THE 2011 NIKE MAG SHOES USED IN THE FILM BACK TO THE FUTURE PART II?
The 2011 NIKE MAG shoes are movie prop replicas inspired by the Nike shoes appearing in the 1989 film Back to the Future Part II. The 2011 NIKE MAG shoes are not designed or intended for normal wear and use as footwear.

Yeah, nike's twitter tweeted that the shoes are just movie prop replicas. Such a buzzkill huh.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

The desire for this "shoe" is completely gone for me. I just don't get it though. Why not wait and make a wearable version with auto-lace and all that stuff. Could have raised so much more money for the charity...

There is nothing to suggest you can't wear them but they did say that they don't recommend wearing when playing sports.
The 2011 NIKE MAG shoes are movie prop replicas inspired by the Nike shoes appearing in the 1989 film Back to the Future Part II. The 2011 NIKE MAG shoes are not designed or intended for normal wear and use as footwear.

Yeah, nike's twitter tweeted that the shoes are just movie prop replicas. Such a buzzkill huh.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

The desire for this "shoe" is completely gone for me. I just don't get it though. Why not wait and make a wearable version with auto-lace and all that stuff. Could have raised so much more money for the charity...

I know they're saying the shoes are not intended for wear, but whoever manages to cop a pair better wear them at least once. And when you wear em do it BIG. I'm talking waiting til 10/21/2015, Delorean in the garage, the hologram hat, the Doc Brown shades, and a Cafe 80s tee. Do 88 mph everywhere you go.

Damn man...............

Somebody post that .gif of James Van Der Beek crying

I know they're saying the shoes are not intended for wear, but whoever manages to cop a pair better wear them at least once. And when you wear em do it BIG. I'm talking waiting til 10/21/2015, Delorean in the garage, the hologram hat, the Doc Brown shades, and a Cafe 80s tee. Do 88 mph everywhere you go.

Damn man...............

Somebody post that .gif of James Van Der Beek crying

^^^^ Ehhhh honestly more money? i think the people paying 30k are really buying them to wear them? most are just doing it for charity and will display them in their houses or maybe establishments they own

^^^^ Ehhhh honestly more money? i think the people paying 30k are really buying them to wear them? most are just doing it for charity and will display them in their houses or maybe establishments they own

Originally Posted by GetHigh420

Tinker said there was some legal issues as why the shoes didn't release to the public. 
complete BS. they might've had to pay Universal a cut to put these out but thats no excuse when Nike made over $1.5 billion last year.

Originally Posted by GetHigh420

Tinker said there was some legal issues as why the shoes didn't release to the public. 
complete BS. they might've had to pay Universal a cut to put these out but thats no excuse when Nike made over $1.5 billion last year.

Originally Posted by YourFreshness1

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Partially incorrect.
Mark Parker told me that although the shoes are not INTENDED for athletic use, he's had basketball players play in them and they held up fine. I believe Nike just doesn't want people thinking these are up to the same standards as a normal pair of sneakers built for rigorous athletic use.

Originally Posted by YourFreshness1

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Partially incorrect.
Mark Parker told me that although the shoes are not INTENDED for athletic use, he's had basketball players play in them and they held up fine. I believe Nike just doesn't want people thinking these are up to the same standards as a normal pair of sneakers built for rigorous athletic use.

I would love to see an NT'er get a pair of these..........I would try but TBH I'd rather spend that kind of money on multiple pairs of rare Jordan's than drop it on these.

Good Luck Memphis..........thats big $$$ to drop on these but likely a good investment

I think there will still be pairs resold for more because they will not ship these outside the US............theres a lot of ppl with money in the US, but theres even more ppl with money in the rest of the world and best believe they are watching this too and hoping for an opportunity to own these too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom