OFFICIAL NIKE AIR MAG THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Sneaky

Originally Posted by 81ackMamba

Just got back from the event in LA.

Great little event for anyone that's a Back To The Future fan.

A lot of hypebeasts and youngsters there that weren't even born when the films were made, but there were also a good amount of beautiful women. Fun night.

What do you mean by youngsters? How old? I'm a fan of the movie and I wasn't born when the movie was made so does that mean I can't be there?
No. Not at all. It was apparent that there were younger people there purely for the hype of the shoes, not necessarily for Back To The Future or the actual cause.
The largest applause came when one of the Nike designer's Yeezy II's glowed in the dark -- Not when they were showing clips of the film, or when the brought out the actor that played Mayor Goldie Wilson, and not even when they played a short clip of Michael J. Fox.

Bottom line, it was a fun night, and I'm glad that these shoes are bringing more awareness to parkinson's.

Originally Posted by Sneaky

Originally Posted by 81ackMamba

Just got back from the event in LA.

Great little event for anyone that's a Back To The Future fan.

A lot of hypebeasts and youngsters there that weren't even born when the films were made, but there were also a good amount of beautiful women. Fun night.

What do you mean by youngsters? How old? I'm a fan of the movie and I wasn't born when the movie was made so does that mean I can't be there?
No. Not at all. It was apparent that there were younger people there purely for the hype of the shoes, not necessarily for Back To The Future or the actual cause.
The largest applause came when one of the Nike designer's Yeezy II's glowed in the dark -- Not when they were showing clips of the film, or when the brought out the actor that played Mayor Goldie Wilson, and not even when they played a short clip of Michael J. Fox.

Bottom line, it was a fun night, and I'm glad that these shoes are bringing more awareness to parkinson's.

is the approval process something instant? and is the approval a one time thing and then you're free to bid all you want? is it still possible to snipe one of these auctions? i'm sure there's some fine print that explains all this but i'm hoping there's cliff notes to it. i may try to go halves on a pair with someone if the prices calm down. i only really need one shoe.
laugh.gif

is the approval process something instant? and is the approval a one time thing and then you're free to bid all you want? is it still possible to snipe one of these auctions? i'm sure there's some fine print that explains all this but i'm hoping there's cliff notes to it. i may try to go halves on a pair with someone if the prices calm down. i only really need one shoe.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

Highest winning bid $9,959.00 for a size 10. Lowest winning bid $4,550.00 for a size 7.
Correct. I'm actually tracking the sales closely just to see how it all turns out.

So far the size with the highest avg number of bids is a 9 at 36.97 bids per pair. Lowest is the size 13's at 30.44 avg bids per pair.

Highest avg winning bid is a size 10 at $6,946.63 and lowest is size 7 at $4,848.68.

Total number of bids placed on the 150 pairs is 5389 with the total being $911,927.34 or an avg of $6,079.52 per pair.

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

Highest winning bid $9,959.00 for a size 10. Lowest winning bid $4,550.00 for a size 7.
Correct. I'm actually tracking the sales closely just to see how it all turns out.

So far the size with the highest avg number of bids is a 9 at 36.97 bids per pair. Lowest is the size 13's at 30.44 avg bids per pair.

Highest avg winning bid is a size 10 at $6,946.63 and lowest is size 7 at $4,848.68.

Total number of bids placed on the 150 pairs is 5389 with the total being $911,927.34 or an avg of $6,079.52 per pair.

As far as the live auction is concerned, the Nike staff didn't give me too many details on how it's going to work. All they told me was to show up at 10am with my ID at Niketown SM and that even if I used my spot to bid on someone else's behalf, the Mag's have to be paid for immediately following the auction and that my guaranteed spot is non-transferable, unfortunately =/.

I second 81ackMamba, the event was a great night and experience to be a part of. Although, during the screening portion, I was unfortunately sitting in front of a really ignorant and annoying individual who kept saying things like, "I don't care about Parkinson's" and "No one cares about you, get off the stage" while Tiffany Beers was giving the back story to the development of the Nike Mag. I mean come one, have some respect for the cause, seriously. All in all though, the prop displays and massive Mag display were some serious stuff to peep!

Definitely curious to see who ends up winning the NT auction too like CoolGrayMemo!

Damn I bet a lot of us have that same old feeling we all once had when we were all kids when at the time we wanted those kicks so bad but didn't have the money to buy them at the time... Ughhh I hate that feeling. I know it's for a great cause but one cannot think what if MJF didn't have Parkinson's??.. They wouldn't have dropped like this... I'd say $500 retail $1000 for Power Laced version on 2015.

Damn I bet a lot of us have that same old feeling we all once had when we were all kids when at the time we wanted those kicks so bad but didn't have the money to buy them at the time... Ughhh I hate that feeling. I know it's for a great cause but one cannot think what if MJF didn't have Parkinson's??.. They wouldn't have dropped like this... I'd say $500 retail $1000 for Power Laced version on 2015.

As far as the live auction is concerned, the Nike staff didn't give me too many details on how it's going to work. All they told me was to show up at 10am with my ID at Niketown SM and that even if I used my spot to bid on someone else's behalf, the Mag's have to be paid for immediately following the auction and that my guaranteed spot is non-transferable, unfortunately =/.

I second 81ackMamba, the event was a great night and experience to be a part of. Although, during the screening portion, I was unfortunately sitting in front of a really ignorant and annoying individual who kept saying things like, "I don't care about Parkinson's" and "No one cares about you, get off the stage" while Tiffany Beers was giving the back story to the development of the Nike Mag. I mean come one, have some respect for the cause, seriously. All in all though, the prop displays and massive Mag display were some serious stuff to peep!

Definitely curious to see who ends up winning the NT auction too like CoolGrayMemo!

Originally Posted by CoolGrayMemo

I want to see who from NT gets these. Proto?

i might try for a pair in a few days, if they drop down some. too expensive for me at the moment.

i'd prolly drop between $2 - $3k tops.

Originally Posted by CoolGrayMemo

I want to see who from NT gets these. Proto?

i might try for a pair in a few days, if they drop down some. too expensive for me at the moment.

i'd prolly drop between $2 - $3k tops.

Originally Posted by prince726

i dont kno if it because im high but these are looking sexy as %++%

bro if you are calling a shoe sexy then thats a sign you are too damn high
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by prince726

i dont kno if it because im high but these are looking sexy as %++%

bro if you are calling a shoe sexy then thats a sign you are too damn high
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back