OFFICIAL NIKE AIR MAG THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Buttons McBoomBoom

Originally Posted by mints

That's one reason I'm not really upset these things are going for so much already. Up to 50M will be matched for the foundation and that's really awesome.

My grandmother had Parkinsons and let me tell you its not a pretty site, she had the opposite end of the spectrum opposed to what M.J.Fox has, her muscles would stiffen up for about 90% of the day and all she could do was sit in a chair and wait for the brief moments when it would pass. I had really hoped to be able to get in on this but the prices on these things is out of control, but like what was already stated it's all going to charity so I can't hate on that at all. 

I've been lucky that no one in my family has ever had to suffer from Parkinsons, but we've had plenty of long time family friends go through it. While I won't be able to make a winning bid, I will definitely put money towards that this year, I try to donate to something every year and I never think much about Parkinsons. 

Are there any plans to ever release them as a regular release later on in the future?

No. To preserve the value of what people will spend for these shoes and the money that will — and hopefully, again, that’ll be as much as we can get for each shoe, so the amount of money to charity is the most we can come up with — In order to preserve that, we’re not going to re-release this shoe and we’re not going to commercialize it any further. What you will see, though, probably sometime in the future is that there will be some– this shoe has already helped inspire some unique design features on some new shoes and we are committed to designing shoes in the future that do come alive and do sense your body and do certain things, so this is a precursor to the future of probably all athletic shoes we design.

grin.gif

Are there any plans to ever release them as a regular release later on in the future?

No. To preserve the value of what people will spend for these shoes and the money that will — and hopefully, again, that’ll be as much as we can get for each shoe, so the amount of money to charity is the most we can come up with — In order to preserve that, we’re not going to re-release this shoe and we’re not going to commercialize it any further. What you will see, though, probably sometime in the future is that there will be some– this shoe has already helped inspire some unique design features on some new shoes and we are committed to designing shoes in the future that do come alive and do sense your body and do certain things, so this is a precursor to the future of probably all athletic shoes we design.

grin.gif

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

grin.gif

7f71517407aad743845eeff5a173c1d3ffd68db_r.gif
  (Tinker, not animalthug lol)

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

grin.gif

7f71517407aad743845eeff5a173c1d3ffd68db_r.gif
  (Tinker, not animalthug lol)

With the amount of money these are fetching on ebay, the proceeds should be enough to CURE PARKINSON'S

where did you get that info animal?
Q: DO THE 2011 NIKE MAG SHOES POWER-LACE?
No. For the power-lace feature you will have to wait until 2015.

and what does this mean if that's true?

With the amount of money these are fetching on ebay, the proceeds should be enough to CURE PARKINSON'S

where did you get that info animal?
Q: DO THE 2011 NIKE MAG SHOES POWER-LACE?
No. For the power-lace feature you will have to wait until 2015.

and what does this mean if that's true?

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

didnt see this in the last few pages so my bad if it's been posted already

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

sick.gif
@ KD's acting
laugh.gif

black dude in the video = the mayor from the movie
so its confirmed 2015... tinker already said it 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

didnt see this in the last few pages so my bad if it's been posted already

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

sick.gif
@ KD's acting
laugh.gif

black dude in the video = the mayor from the movie
so its confirmed 2015... tinker already said it 
laugh.gif

That's one reason I'm not really upset these things are going for so much already. Up to 50M will be matched for the foundation and that's really awesome.

My grandmother had Parkinsons and let me tell you its not a pretty sight, she had the opposite end of the spectrum opposed to what M.J.Fox has, her muscles would stiffen up for about 90% of the day and all she could do was sit in a chair and wait for the brief moments when it would pass. I had really hoped to be able to get in on this but the prices on these things is out of control, but like what was already stated it's all going to charity so I can't hate on that at all. 

I've been lucky that no one in my family has ever had to suffer from Parkinsons, but we've had plenty of long time family friends go through it. While I won't be able to make a winning bid, I will definitely put money towards that this year, I try to donate to something every year and I never think much about Parkinsons. 

I hear you, the funny part (well I'm not sure how funny) is that it largely goes unnoticed and gets little to no publicity, if it wasn't for M.J.Fox hardly anyone would even know what it is.

My grandmother had Parkinsons and let me tell you its not a pretty sight, she had the opposite end of the spectrum opposed to what M.J.Fox has, her muscles would stiffen up for about 90% of the day and all she could do was sit in a chair and wait for the brief moments when it would pass. I had really hoped to be able to get in on this but the prices on these things is out of control, but like what was already stated it's all going to charity so I can't hate on that at all. 

I hear you, the funny part (well I'm not sure how funny) is that it largely goes unnoticed and gets little to no publicity, if it wasn't for M.J.Fox hardly anyone would even know what it is.

Originally Posted by ONHOLLOWEDGROUND821

Originally Posted by rareair45

You guys understand this is a tax write off right? another reason for somebody with long paper to bid

You guys do know that you just can't write things off...even if it is for charity.
http://taxes.about.com/od...ts/a/CharityDonation.htm
You are not making a donation. You are purchasing an item with the proceeds intended for charity. A portion of it may qualify for tax deduction but not all of it. As for the 2015 thing. I think this is a joke referring to the timeline within the movie. I don't remember but in the movie the year that he got the shoes were 2015.

Originally Posted by rareair45

You guys understand this is a tax write off right? another reason for somebody with long paper to bid

You guys do know that you just can't write things off...even if it is for charity.
http://taxes.about.com/od...ts/a/CharityDonation.htm
You are not making a donation. You are purchasing an item with the proceeds intended for charity. A portion of it may qualify for tax deduction but not all of it. As for the 2015 thing. I think this is a joke referring to the timeline within the movie. I don't remember but in the movie the year that he got the shoes were 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom