Official Nike Air Max '91 BW Thread

DB866BE5-D7F1-4DB0-A1E4-DFBEDEB566B0.jpeg
Hi,
Somebody can help me? I try to find this bw model name/colorway but nowhere. I bought around '92-93, Europe (violet-blue-white) Sorry for a bad pic:smile:

Here's a shot of all the 90s/OG colours of BW I am currently holding. Apologies for the watermark, but I don't want this ending up on other platforms. Enjoy! (And yes, that is a Persian rug)
bwm-1a.jpg
How we supposed to enjoy you pic when its watermarked all over? And why would you care if it ends up on other platforms?

man they were 50$ a pop in 17’ from all the footsites & even Nike had them for around 65$ at on point

thank the lord I grabbed 4 pairs of marina jades, usa’s & persians
Missed out on marina jades, eastbay pretty much had a FSR and one day they just disappeared

Missed out on marina jades, eastbay pretty much had a FSR and one day they just disappeared
I ended up finding them at Gabe’s last year for 30 and sold them to my brother and deeply regret it. There’s hardly any BWs at all online to buy anymore. I really hope they retro more but...

There’s hardly any BWs at all online to buy anymore. I really hope they retro more but...
dont know if this rumour is true but its coming from someone that is working at Nikes departement for product develepmont and that guy told me a while ago me that Nike took the plug out of the BWs on purpose because they dont want the sneakers get associated anymore with the Hardcore Gabber culture, probably caused by the heavy consumption of xtc/mdma and amphetamine in that subculture, if it is true i think its kinda hypocrite and sad from Nikes side because then they also should stop manufacturing all black 95s and TNs, because gang members and roadman likes to wear them and standing outside at the corner from the local hotwings shop smoking weed and selling crack and thats oke for Nike ?? the BWs was the pioneer from european air max culture, this model got close to 20 OG cws when it was released in 91/92 thats how popular this shoe was, that was totally unheard and mind blowing imo

dont know if this rumour is true but its coming from someone that is working at Nikes departement for product develepmont and that guy told me a while ago me that Nike took the plug out of the BWs on purpose because they dont want the sneakers get associated anymore with the Hardcore Gabber culture, probably caused by the heavy consumption of xtc/mdma and amphetamine in that subculture, if it is true i think its kinda hypocrite and sad from Nikes side because then they also should stop manufacturing all black 95s and TNs, because gang members and roadman likes to wear them and standing outside at the corner from the local hotwings shop smoking weed and selling crack and thats oke for Nike ?? the BWs was the pioneer from european air max culture, this model got close to 20 OG cws when it was released in 91/92 thats how popular this shoe was, that was totally unheard and mind blowing imo
Pardon my old-man ignorance: "The plug"? What is that?

someone that can delivers insiders info lol
LOL no no no, not that. Re-read your own post, it's not clear. What did Nike do? You said "Nike took the plug out of the BW because ... "
That's why I asked; it sounds like you said they took something called the plug out of the shoes because of Gabber culture. Did you mean Nike has killed retroing the BW because it doesn't like what it has become supposedly associated with?

this is what i mean
Roger that. Er, that's suspect. Like you said, Nike has had plenty of shoes over the years associated with gangs and drug dealers and hasn't done anything of the sort about it. I find this guy's claim difficult to believe but then again, I've given up trying to see any consistent logic in corporations' willingness to bend to some things for moralistic reasons but not obvious others. I mean, so what happens when the Gabbers switch to Huaraches or whatever? Seems like nonsense to me.

Back
Top Bottom